Page 5 of 26 FirstFirst ... 3456710 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 381

Thread: Sandro confirmed roll 1-5 for every new module..

  1. #61
    It would be nice if FD could explain what they mean, with this, as it's just causing speculation which in turn drives a lot of frustration.

  2. #62
    Originally Posted by Ziljan View Post (Source)
    the top of grade 4 is apparently equal to a maxed current grade 5
    Where did FD say that was the case Ziljan?

  3. #63
    Originally Posted by Robert Maynard View Post (Source)
    To be clear, I'm referring to the point where the player has already unlocked the Engineer and Grade 5 modifications with that Engineer.

    Sandro has indicated, correct me if I am wrong, that a higher level modification will not be able to be crafted until a threshold is reached at the current grade. The inference there is that one or more modifications require to be carried out at each grade lower than the desired grade before any may be carried out at the required grade. These modifications take materials and data that require to be gathered or traded for - which takes time.

    Compared that to the current situation, i.e. arrive at Engineer with ingredients for G5 modification and craft that modification, that seems, to me at least, as if it will take longer to craft a single G5 modification (regardless of the outcome of that modification - considering that it is unlikely to achieve a worse G5 modification than the stock module to which that G5 modification can currently be applied) as n modifications take longer to craft and gather the ingredients for than 1 modification.
    But the whole point of engineering is to get performance increase Y (whatever that is for you), not to get 'see how long it takes to get whatever performance goes with what they currently give at one roll of G5'. So yes, it takes more rolls to get to the new g5. Whether it takes more time to get a similar performance is something else, and far more relevant to a player. When I take into account the vastly increase storage space and reduction of RNG influence, I would cautiously guess it is actually faster to get to the 'decent G5' roll. But it is too soon to say that or the opposite with any kind of real confidence.

  4. #64
    Originally Posted by Ziljan View Post (Source)
    I think it's totally fine.

    1. The number of rolls to get a maxed G5 roll before were about 15-20, and a god roll could be gotten in between 15-500 rolls.

    2. Assuming that you need about 3-5 or so rolls on average to progress to the next grade, then that means about 16 rolls to get to the beginning of grade 5, and since the top of grade 4 is apparently equal to a maxed current grade 5, then I would need about 12-20 rolls to get a current maxed roll. That's a bit better than before, and GUARANTEED progress and the ability to swap materials at a Materials Agent means that engineering is about to get one hell of a lot easier. On top of which, any new rolls in the grade 5 category are likely to make my best rolls better.

    3. My grandfathered grade 5 rolls will be the same as the new grade 4, which means that I can upgrade my non-god roll modules (which is nearly all of them) and get a significant boost without having to worry about grades 1-4. Bonus.

    Hence I think all the whinging is being done by people who just haven't really considered the current effort required vs the coming easy street. Ah well. Whingers gonna whinge about something. Maybe if they whinge enough though, they'll be able to to parley this into a even easier engineering mode? lol. Maybe that's exactly what they're doing, and I guess that's fine with me too
    Agree.

  5. #65
    Originally Posted by Shanaeri View Post (Source)
    Iíll have to re-watch the stream to make sure, but Sandro mentioned grandfathering. He said that grandfathered modules would sort of be reset to grade 4 equivlient and youíd need to re-roll them to get the max benefits from the new grade 5..
    Not quite.

    You keep your grandfathered grade 5 modules.

    They will only be placed back to grade 4 IF you choose to re-engineer your grandfathered grade 5 engineered modules.

    In other words - all grade 5 modules will be the same when the new system comes into operation - you can keep 'em, and you can choose to purchase new modules and engineer those whilst keeping your current ones.

  6. #66
    I just started collecting all the materials for Grade 5 HRPs; I have a Corvette, Orca and FAS to do. That's 20 HRPs.
    Old system; might need about 50-100 rolls to get them all decent - 150-300 materials.
    New system; 300 rolls - 660 materials. (previous miscalculation: 3300)

    I'd been putting it off for the Q1 updates - but looking at what's required in the future. Fsk that I'm doing this now not later.

  7. #67
    Originally Posted by Ziljan View Post (Source)
    Hence I think all the whinging is being done by people who just haven't really considered the current effort required vs the coming easy street. Ah well. Whingers gonna whinge about something. Maybe if they whinge enough though, they'll be able to to parley this into a even easier engineering mode? lol. Maybe that's exactly what they're doing, and I guess that's fine with me too
    Well the current effort requiert is a very subjectiv thing based on what someone is happy with, it can be very diffrent for players. Currently I make 1 or 2 rolls and what I get I'm happy with - now yes again it depens. Min/maxers will need a lot more rolls and for them its an improvment but it gets a lot worse for a player like me.

    And I'm really not sure why anybody would be against keeping ranking as it as now and just implement the other changes. I still can get a G5 mod with just doing one roll so I don't have such a increase in grind and min/maxers can just start at Grade 5, ergo a lot less grind too then how it is under the proposed changes.

  8. #68
    Originally Posted by Bomba Luigi View Post (Source)
    Well the current effort requiert is a very subjectiv thing based on what someone is happy with, it can be very diffrent for players. Currently I make 1 or 2 rolls and what I get I'm happy with - now yes again it depens. Min/maxers will need a lot more rolls and for them its an improvment but it gets a lot worse for a player like me.

    And I'm really not sure why anybody would be against keeping ranking as it as now and just implement the other changes. I still can get a G5 mod with just doing one roll so I don't have such a increase in grind and min/maxers can just start at Grade 5, ergo a lot less grind too then how it is under the proposed changes.
    How is it 'a lot worse'? What kind of an 'increase in grind' do you anticipate? You are an explorer, surely you arent hurting badly for nickel and such? Especially with the increased storage, I dont get 'your grind'.

  9. #69
    Min maxers will complain. However more I think more I support this idea, because frankly I hate min/max approach many treat as 'holy grail'.

  10. #70
    Originally Posted by sleutelbos View Post (Source)
    But the whole point of engineering is to get performance increase Y (whatever that is for you), not to get 'see how long it takes to get whatever performance goes with what they currently give at one roll of G5'.
    Is it? For all players?

    The suggestion that 15-20 G5 rolls for a single module is "normal" can, of course, be checked by Frontier - I'm of the opinion that it is not.

    For me, the flexibility of the current system permits me to craft a single modification with available materials, regardless of grade, and very likely achieve an improvement over the stock module that I arrived with.

    Originally Posted by sleutelbos View Post (Source)
    So yes, it takes more rolls to get to the new g5. Whether it takes more time to get a similar performance is something else, and far more relevant to a player. When I take into account the vastly increase storage space and reduction of RNG influence, I would cautiously guess it is actually faster to get to the 'decent G5' roll. But it is too soon to say that or the opposite with any kind of real confidence.
    It depends on whether one is content with a simple performance increase at a grade greater than one or simply must have a specific performance increase.

    Those seeking the former will face more rolls to achieve it.

  11. #71
    Originally Posted by Becky View Post (Source)
    I just started collecting all the materials for Grade 5 HRPs; I have a Corvette, Orca and FAS to do. That's 20 HRPs.
    Old system; might need about 50-100 rolls to get them all decent - 150-300 materials.
    New system; 300 rolls - 3300 materials.

    I'd been putting it off for the Q1 updates - but looking at what's required in the future. Fsk that I'm doing this now not later.
    Errr, why do you suddenly need 3-6x more rolls? And why does each roll suddenly 10x more mats?

  12. #72
    Originally Posted by Robert Maynard View Post (Source)
    Is it? For all players?

    The suggestion that 15-20 G5 rolls for a single module is "normal" can, of course, be checked by Frontier - I'm of the opinion that it is not.

    For me, the flexibility of the current system permits me to craft a single modification with available materials, regardless of grade, and very likely achieve an improvement over the stock module that I arrived with.



    It depends on whether one is content with a simple performance increase at a grade greater than one or simply must have a specific performance increase.

    Those seeking the former will face more rolls to achieve it.
    I think I didnt phrase it clearly. I dont reroll a lot, and usually not at all. What I am saying is you are comparing how long it takes to get to g5 under the old and new system, without taking into account that G5 is not the same in both systems. It is an unfair comparison. You should compare how long it takes in both systems to get to the same performance increase, whether high-end or not is up to the individual.

  13. #73
    Originally Posted by sleutelbos View Post (Source)
    Errr, why do you suddenly need 3-6x more rolls? And why does each roll suddenly 10x more mats?
    Because you have to do 1, 2, 3 and 4 before you get to do even a single 5. The whole point of this thread.

  14. #74
    no to this. less grind not more please.

    and if you absolutely have to do it this way at least have materials brokers in the engineering bases

    so we can swap mats without having to go and pray to RNGesus in USS

  15. #75
    Originally Posted by sleutelbos View Post (Source)
    How is it 'a lot worse'? What kind of an 'increase in grind' do you anticipate? You are an explorer, surely you arent hurting badly for nickel and such? Especially with the increased storage, I dont get 'your grind'.
    Well we don't know the specifics, but given I now get what I want with 1 roll I don't see how there is not a increase in grind. All I can get with one roll after the changes is a grade 1 roll, I doubt that will be anywhere as good as what I can get now with 1 roll.

    I mean, hey, if I'm wrong I'm wrong, but I doubt it and I am pretty sure I will have to do more then 1 roll to get about the same I get now for doing 1 roll. And having to do more rolls then now is an increase in grind and thus its worse, not sure where my logic is supposed to be wrong here.

Page 5 of 26 FirstFirst ... 3456710 ... LastLast