Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 98

Thread: Analysis of Fully Upgrading an Anaconda with the New Engineer Design

  1. #31
    mmm, some caveats:

    - that's assuming that with 15 rolls you get a top quality g5 roll now, which is overly optimistic
    - we don't know how many rolls are required to up a grade (it could actually be much worse). <--- just read sandro's "delay update" (https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showth...3-Delay-update)
    - many of those materials are a byproduct of farming g5 mats. with increased caps that could be no problem. otoh many g5 mats are much harder to find

    so to me this chart doesn't make much sense.
    i'm wondering why sandro's stream today has not taken place. is he reconsidering? is he preparing his final revenge?

  2. #32
    Originally Posted by Cmdr Eagleboy View Post (Source)
    Is there any reason to want full G5 rolled ship - aside "I want max ship"?

    Not getting PWD in open ?

  3. #33
    Originally Posted by Muetdhiver View Post (Source)
    Not getting PWD in open ?
    You know it is not a solution to specific problem right? And I play in Open with non-Engineered ship.

    Feature should serve bigger goals of the game.

  4. #34
    Originally Posted by zn˘rt View Post (Source)
    mmm, some caveats:

    - that's assuming that with 15 rolls you get a top quality g5 roll now, which is overly optimistic
    - we don't know how many rolls are required to up a grade (it could actually be much worse).
    - many of those materials are a byproduct of farming g5 mats. with increased caps that could be no problem. otoh many g5 mats are much harder to find

    so to me this chart doesn't make much sense.
    i'm wondering why sandro's stream today has not taken place. is he reconsidering? is he preparing his final revenge?
    Sandro posted Update on this very same forum and he said each grade will take 2.8 rolls.

  5. #35
    Originally Posted by Cmdr Eagleboy View Post (Source)
    You know it is not a solution to specific problem right? And I play in Open with non-Engineered ship.

    Feature should serve bigger goals of the game.
    Any luck taking down a pimped up FDL ? because without engineering its my way or the highwake. XD

    Anyway. I'll keep an eye on all that. If it smells like this nonsense is going to stick, I'll craft a bunch of
    G5 hull packages and other items I miss. Just to save me a few 10's of hours later.

    Then mostly forget about engineers I suppose.

  6. #36
    Originally Posted by StuartGT View Post (Source)
    Originally posted by CMDR Edward Tivrusky VI

    Reference Loadout

    Three rolls each of grades 1-4, instead of rolling grade 5 without prerequisites, requires 900 additional material quantity and 50 material types that would otherwise be unnecessary. The required firmware quantity is doubled.

    Material Grade 1 Grade 2 Grade 3 Grade 4 Grade 5 All Grades
    Total Materials 102 204 306 288 326 1226
    Distinct Materials 12 24 34 39 31 80
    Abnormal Compact Emissions Data 8 8
    Antimony 8 8
    Arsenic 4 4
    Atypical Disrupted Wake Echoes 3 3 6
    Biotech Conductors 8 8
    Cadmium 3 8 11
    Carbon 15 18 18 51
    Chemical Distillery 3 3 6
    Chemical Manipulators 3 12 15
    Chemical Processors 6 3 9
    Chromium 6 15 21
    Compound Shielding 20 20
    Conductive Ceramics 9 9 10 28
    Conductive Components 18 12 3 33
    Conductive Polymers 6 6
    Configurable Components 3 3
    Core Dynamics Composites 20 20
    Cracked Industrial Firmware 3 16 19
    Datamined Wake Exceptions 4 4
    Decoded Emission Data 6 6
    Distorted Shield Cycle Recordings 3 9 9 21
    Divergent Scan Data 3 3
    Eccentric Hyperspace Trajectories 3 3
    Electrochemical Arrays 12 12
    Exceptional Scrambled Emission Data 3 3
    Exquisite Focus Crystals 4 4
    Focus Crystals 12 18 30
    Galvanising Alloys 3 3
    Germanium 3 3 15 21
    Grid Resistors 6 6 6 18
    Heat Conduction Wiring 3 3 3 9
    Heat Dispersion Plate 6 3 9
    Heat Exchangers 6 6
    Heat Vanes 6 6
    High Density Composities 18 6 12 36
    Hybrid Capacitors 12 18 3 33
    Imperial Shielding 6 6
    Inconsistent Shield Soak Analysis 9 9
    Iron 15 15 15 45
    Irregular Emission Data 3 3
    Manganese 3 3 9 15
    Mechanical Components 6 8 14
    Mechanical Equipment 6 9 15
    Mechanical Scrap 9 6 6 21
    Mercury 3 3
    Military Supercapacitors 20 20
    Modified Comsumer Firmware 6 9 9 24
    Molybdenum 12 16 28
    Nickel 12 15 12 39
    Niobium 12 20 32
    Pharmaceutical Isolators 4 4
    Phase Alloys 3 4 7
    Phosphorus 9 6 9 24
    Polymer Capacitors 9 14 23
    Precipitated Alloys 6 6
    Proprietary Composites 18 8 26
    Proto Heat Radiators 8 8
    Proto Light Alloys 3 3
    Refined Focus Crystals 6 22 28
    Ruthenium 4 4
    Salvaged Alloys 3 6 9
    Selenium 6 6 12
    Shield Emitters 30 30 60
    Shield Sensors 15 15
    Shielding Sensors 3 3
    Specialised Legacy Firmware 6 6 3 15
    Strage Wake Solutions 3 3 6
    Sulphur 18 9 12 39
    Tagged Encryption Codes 3 3
    Technetium 12 12
    Tellurium 4 4
    Thermic Alloys 8 8
    Tin 12 12
    Tungsten 12 15 20 47
    Unexpected Emission Data 6 4 10
    Untypical Shield Scans 10 10
    Unusual Encrypted Files 3 3
    Vanadium 6 9 18 33
    Worn Shield Emitters 3 3
    Zinc 12 12
    Thanks for taking the time to do that OP
    +1 if I could

  7. #37
    Originally Posted by Cmdr Eagleboy View Post (Source)
    Sandro posted Update on this very same forum and he said each grade will take 2.8 rolls.
    So we'd have 2.8*4 = 11.2 rolls to arrive at G5. And he also said that you'd need more rolls than that at the end of G5. Adding another 3.8 rolls to get there is indeed quite optimistic under these circumstances.
    What concerns me is the notion that our modules are supposed to get better every time we visit an engineer. And while this is highly speculative, it sounds a lot like there's some exponential curve that approaches the max values; in gaming culture otherwise known as diminishing returns.

  8. #38
    Originally Posted by Cmdr Eagleboy View Post (Source)
    Is there any reason to want full G5 rolled ship - aside "I want max ship"?
    I was going to say this is a ridiculous line of argument but to be honest, it's not an argument at all.

    Engineering is game content.

    Firstly, having bought the game why wouldn't I want to access all of the available content? In real life 'because I want to' may be the hallmark of selfish and petulant behaviour but in a game it's an entirely valid justification for pretty much anything because we're playing it with the sole purpose of entertaining ourselves.

    Secondly and far more importantly, any individual player's reason for wanting to access engineering content doesn't have any bearing whatsoever on valid discussion and criticism (as in a critical evaluation) of a design choice because the point, that players shouldn't be required to unlock the same time gate over and over again, is independent of any personal motivation for unlocking that gate. It's about the gate itself.

    Let's use a real-world example since the forum loves them so much and they're never even remotely controversial...

    I'm a locksmith. You have had your house burgled and you call me out to fix your lock. After an hour I tell you I've fitted a new lock, but every time you want to enter your house you will have to unlock it five times.

    You say 'Five times? Wow that's crazy talk, I paid good money for this?'

    1) What's your reaction going to be if my answer is 'Dude, what do you want to go inside your house for anyway?'

    2) No matter what the reason actually was, would it make any difference to the fact that the lock I've fitted is crap?

  9. #39
    Originally Posted by Red Anders View Post (Source)
    2) No matter what the reason actually was, would it make any difference to the fact that the lock I've fitted is crap?
    What do you mean? A lock with five levels sounds like one of the safest in the world. It won't get burgled again!

    ;D

  10. #40
    Originally Posted by YinYin View Post (Source)
    What do you mean? A lock with five levels sounds like one of the safest in the world. It won't get burgled again!

    ;D
    It only has one mechanism, you just have to cycle it five times. Now go to bed Sandro

  11. #41
    Boy it sure feels good to see a thread complaining about the grindiness of the new system, when all of you have not the first inkling of a clue as to how grindy the current iteration is. A few hundred rolls, not even all of them G5, and that's enough to get this place in a tantrum.

    But sure I'm down to join the mob. The less PvE I have to do the better. FREE ENGINEERS OR RIOT!

  12. #42
    Originally Posted by ExoForce View Post (Source)
    Any exact date when this new system will be implemented? In another words, how much time do I have to finish mats/data grinding?
    Seriously asking.
    The changes are slated for the Q1 update, or end of March 2018. I'd be lying if I hadn't thought of loading up on G5 mods in the meantime simply to avoid the new grind too.

  13. #43
    Originally Posted by TiltControls View Post (Source)
    Boy it sure feels good to see a thread complaining about the grindiness of the new system, when all of you have not the first inkling of a clue as to how grindy the current iteration is. A few hundred rolls, not even all of them G5, and that's enough to get this place in a tantrum.

    But sure I'm down to join the mob. The less PvE I have to do the better. FREE ENGINEERS OR RIOT!
    I know exactly how grindy it is and made a choice to NOT build a ship that was PvP capable because of that grind. I'd love to be shooting you lot up. The new system will make me more likely to try building a top end ship, I'm keen to see how that part of the proposal works in beta.

    But if FD want to make engineers more generally accessible they have a funny way of going about it.

  14. #44
    Originally Posted by Mengy View Post (Source)
    The changes are slated for the Q1 update, or end of March 2018. I'd be lying if I hadn't thought of loading up on G5 mods in the meantime simply to avoid the new grind too.
    3rd'd

  15. #45
    Jeesus what a painful grind it's gonna be. Can we get some non-grind loving dev's please?

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast