Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Results 61 to 75 of 75

Thread: DCS World News 2017

  1. #61
    Originally Posted by Zeeman View Post (Source)
    Hahahah, well, I guess that goes with a free base game! LOL

    Z...
    It's still a flightsim, not a universal military simulator.

  2. #62
    Originally Posted by Navigare Necesse Est View Post (Source)
    It's still a flightsim, not a universal military simulator.
    I think they're more referring to the whole Russia kit > NATO kit thing, rather than Combined Arms not being a great universal milsim thing.

  3. #63
    Downloading the beta now. But at 10-20 MB/s (varies) it's gonna take a bit.

  4. #64
    Originally Posted by Goose4291 View Post (Source)
    I play without TrackIR or any of that sort of nonsense on my laptop, so you should be fine
    Solo, or against (and cooperating with) other humans as well?

  5. #65
    Originally Posted by Goose4291 View Post (Source)
    It's okay. Just not amazing. When I was part of an ArmA group who dabbled in DCS, we had a laugh with someone like me controlling all the ground pounder assests

    The real drawback, is the usual Russian bias, for example with T-72s' evaporating Challenger II's with no issues!
    Lol, really? That sounds pretty silly.

  6. #66
    Originally Posted by Adept View Post (Source)
    Solo, or against (and cooperating with) other humans as well?
    Generally co-operating when I do play. That said, I don't really venture out of Flaming Cliffs 3 aircraft, so you may want to speak to others who use the more 'intensive' aircraft.

    Originally Posted by Adept View Post (Source)
    Lol, really? That sounds pretty silly.
    Yep. It was quite hillarious as well. One of my friends used to be a Officer within 1RTR. I've never heard a man spit blood over teamspeak before, but his reaction to watching Chally's in hull-down positions getting smashed by T-72's was hillarious.

  7. #67
    Originally Posted by Goose4291 View Post (Source)
    Generally co-operating when I do play. That said, I don't really venture out of Flaming Cliffs 3 aircraft, so you may want to speak to others who use the more 'intensive' aircraft.

    Yep. It was quite hillarious as well. One of my friends used to be a Officer within 1RTR. I've never heard a man spit blood over teamspeak before, but his reaction to watching Chally's in hull-down positions getting smashed by T-72's was hillarious.
    I wonder what is going on there. A misplaced sense of "patriotism", or taking Russian army propaganda seriously? The T-72 wasn't even meant to match NATO steel one on one, but to be good enough, cheap, and able to be fielded in overwhelming numbers. It's the T-80 which was supposed to match the top of the line opposition.

    I'm disappointed to hear they fall for such cheap pandering to the home market.

  8. #68
    Originally Posted by Goose4291 View Post (Source)
    I think they're more referring to the whole Russia kit > NATO kit thing, rather than Combined Arms not being a great universal milsim thing.
    Ground forces aren't modeled to detail. They are just targets. Best you can get from ground forces is the different SAMs and their characteristics. Has nothing to do with some "bias" - it's simply not detailed enough for that kind of ground combat realism.

  9. #69
    Originally Posted by Navigare Necesse Est View Post (Source)
    Ground forces aren't modeled to detail. They are just targets. Best you can get from ground forces is the different SAMs and their characteristics. Has nothing to do with some "bias" - it's simply not detailed enough for that kind of ground combat realism.
    I'm not going to have a roundabout circular argument about DCS world and what it does/doesnt model accurately.

    I'm just going to reiterate my point. Russian ground equipment > NATO ground equipment, including ridiculously 2nd or 3rd generation equipment.

    There isn't a need to 'justify' it.

  10. #70
    Originally Posted by Goose4291 View Post (Source)
    I'm not going to have a roundabout circular argument about DCS world and what it does/doesnt model accurately.

    I'm just going to reiterate my point. Russian ground equipment > NATO ground equipment, including ridiculously 2nd or 3rd generation equipment.

    There isn't a need to 'justify' it.
    If you deem it that important in a flightsim. I rather have the ordnance of my planes behave sophisticated.

  11. #71
    Originally Posted by Navigare Necesse Est View Post (Source)
    If you deem it that important in a flightsim. I rather have the ordnance of my planes behave sophisticated.
    No. That's not what I said. Not in the slightest. Someone asked if buying Combined Arms was worth it, and I said that it's okay, but not amazing, because of the aforementioned issue.

    At no point did I say "DCS is poo, because my M1A1 Abrams isn't modeled correctly." like you seem to be implying.

  12. #72
    Originally Posted by Goose4291 View Post (Source)
    No. That's not what I said. Not in the slightest. Someone asked if buying Combined Arms was worth it, and I said that it's okay, but not amazing, because of the aforementioned issue.

    At no point did I say "DCS is poo, because my M1A1 Abrams isn't modeled correctly." like you seem to be implying.
    Combined Arms isn't really worth it if you're looking for realistic ground combat. I guess that settles it, then.

  13. #73
    Originally Posted by Goose4291 View Post (Source)
    I think they're more referring to the whole Russia kit > NATO kit thing, rather than Combined Arms not being a great universal milsim thing.
    Yes, this is what I actually meant. Just means I need to learn to fly Russian jets... LOL

    Regardless, I'm only really care about the aircraft, and seeing as just getting the engines to spin up on the Warthog is a bit of a mission, I think that part is covered. Getting the bindings sorted is the thing killing me in a lot of cases. For the life of me, I can't get the Huey to react to my pedal inputs. Though, I am thinking of making/buying a proper collective before I get too seriously into choppers.

    Z...

  14. #74
    There is a small sale of Russian modules going on at their store now: https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/shop/

  15. #75
    News about F/A-18 and new map:

    As we rapidly approach the release of the Hornet and Persian Gulf map this month, we are now pleased to announce the exact release dates. We will first release the Persian Gulf Map for DCS World on 23 May 2018 and then DCS: F/A-18C Hornet on 30 May 2018! We will release both this month as promised.
    https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.c...5-18_FA18NEWS/

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345