Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3456710 ... LastLast

Thread: The Void Beyond

Cheers from the black!

Greetings from the black!

Cheering you on from somewhere between Colonia and Lave on my way back to the bubble in my Python.

After making my way to Salome's Reach in a fitted Diamondback Exp. I've left at Colonia. I originally came out with my battle hardened Python Fearless * Frontiers to aid in the community goal. With the proceeds I bought and fitted the DBEX then swapped out my 5A engineered FDS and headed out for a little well earned R&R. Made my way to Sag A*, then ventured all the way out to Beagle Point and kept on going!

Saw this story on my Google News feed and came to the post after upvoting the reddit thread. I'll pop in the twitch stream to say HI! while fuel scooping.

This thread is full of win.
    Congrats guys, these sorts of events are what makes ED great.

So 5.30 pm gmt Christmas eve santa will be delivering a very welcome gift.

fellow rat reporting in, good luck on your journey CMDRs, godspeed

Oh. Wow. I can't even.

This is an amazing story in every respect. An epic journey to deliver a "time capsule" to the furthest possible reaches of space. A slight miscalculation. A dedicated team going all out for the rescue.

Good luck CMDRs!

this is just amazing, i wish you all the best and god's speed o7.

Good luck CMDRs

Fly Safe

I want to help out with this but all I can say is good luck.

As an inquisitor of the Order of Enblackenment, I can espouse support for your voyages to meet with the eternal darkness and the emptiest void between our galaxy and the universe.

I will pray and bless the fuelrats that partake in this complex mission, to safely guide their ships through our galaxy. to greet you and pull you back from the abyss.

Our thoughts are with you. May entropy and darkness not claim you yet.

Operation Fuel Beyond The Void update: Mission day 3 12:20(UTC) 22 December 3303 Supercruise hour: 26

All rats making steady progress with no issues to report. We have another bearing check coming up at 14:00(UTC) with Cmdr Persera at which point I will update you with our remaining distance to travel to her.

Cmdr Highwaywarrior

Article for PCGamesN

Hello! I'm writing an article about this epic voyage for PCGamesN - @Persera, could you get in touch? Would love to chat about this - my email is lewis dot packwood at gmail dot com.

If anyone else could point me in CMDR Persera's direction I'd be much obliged!

Also, if you're involved in the rescue attempt, please get in touch with me, thanks!

Lewis

Just explained what is going on to my wife.
    Much laughter at the table.
    But im still not sure this is going to turn out for the best.
    There could easily be a new "Tionsla Graveyard" out there of ships with empty fuel tanks and occupied escape pods.
    With the two ships en route already don't we now have 3 ships sharing the dregs of a tank to get out? Does everyone have enough jumponium to get out?

Originally Posted by DNA-Decay View Post (Source)
    Just explained what is going on to my wife.
    Much laughter at the table.
    But im still not sure this is going to turn out for the best.
    There could easily be a new "Tionsla Graveyard" out there of ships with empty fuel tanks and occupied escape pods.
    With the two ships en route already don't we now have 3 ships sharing the dregs of a tank to get out? Does everyone have enough jumponium to get out?
    We have carefully considered all our options and are confident that we possess the fuel and the mats to ensure that everyone will make it home again. If for whatever reason that changes, our priority is always our "client" and if that means sacrificing ourselves so that they can continue on, well, that is what it takes to be a Fuel Rat...

Oh wow, rescue team is already 4.7 ly out. Amazing stuff, o7 to everyone involved!

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3456710 ... LastLast