Page 137 of 647 FirstFirst ... 127133134135136137138139140141147 ... LastLast
Results 2,041 to 2,055 of 9695

Thread: The Star Citizen Thread v8

Originally Posted by frostypaw View Post (Source)
    Showdown looks stunning. I'm sure SC will be "as good or better" (not)

Good to see you reclaiming your epic-post throne - tenaka almost had you there.
    Yeah he really gives me a run for my money isnt he?

This must be the smallest ring system I've ever seen, the scale is just plain wrong.

Originally Posted by optimal_909 View Post (Source)
    This must be the smallest ring system I've ever seen, the scale is just plain wrong.

https://i.imgur.com/l5nHmqp.jpg
    Are the rings still visible when you reach the rocks floating above them?

That's just sad. That's... really sad.

I thought SC is gonna blow our minds with it's massive scale and realism. What happened to that promise?

Well, if a distance indicator in Scott Manley's video wasn't bugged, the moon in the picture is 100-120 km in diameter.

A fun test would be to get into the rings, gasp at the fidelity, blow up a Caterpillar, and see if it's cargo plummets to the surface

Originally Posted by Asp Explorer View Post (Source)
    A fun test would be to get into the rings, gasp at the fidelity, blow up a Caterpillar, and see if it's cargo plummets to the surface
    Now now that's just cruel.

Besides any fule knows gravity only takes effect as far out as the atmospheric entry animation FIDELITY NEWTONIAN HATERS! YEAH! You can tell it's fidelitous because look - equal yaw and pitch. Facts, bigly.

Originally Posted by Mucka View Post (Source)
    Same old puerile drivel being posted in here by people who have zero technical knowledge or programming background.
    You should all just stop embarrassing yourselves.
    I remember when the first planet demos came out and I tried to explain how the PG tech was superior to ED but of course I was told otherwise by people who have no clue, "it's just a bump map,".

Now the same people are telling us all how SQ42 playthrough demo was a failure because it had low fps and glitches - you know a pre-alpha not being polished or optimised, who would have thought?
    And of course all the amazing tech is totally ignored, probably because most here are too blinded to even understand that it is groundbreaking in many ways.
    What you actually saw was a player in first person walking around a capital ship as it flew through space.
    Get into a fighter aboard said capital ship and fly out into space.
    EVA out of ship and return.
    Then descend down to a highly detailed planet surface with almost movie quality graphics.
    And all this without a single load screen. No game has ever come close to such a seamless sandbox open world with such detail and interaction at a huge scale.
    There is a reason ED went the route they did and did not take on such a huge technical challenge and all power to them for that choice - just don't tell me it has anywhere near the tech and scope that SC does.

The only valid criticism of SC is that it is too ambitious.
    We can't say progress is too slow when so much new tech is being developed.
    We can't say the game will fail, nor can we say it will be a success.
    2018 should help neutrals decide now that the delta patcher is in and content and patches should arrive more frequently.
    Also 3.0 was pretty much a total overhaul of the game rather than an iterative patch to 2.6.

I'm confident performance will be improved with bugs squashed, a lot of new tech still to be patched in to help frames, Vulkan, and of course the game isn't yet optimized for GPU drivers.
    Content and game mechanics are still a big question mark for SC but I think that should work out.
    My only real concern is whether it can all be woven together to make a cohesive whole.
    SQ42 shouldn't have many of the issues SC faces so I expect it to be an excellent single player game - only real concern is subsumption and AI.

I have no idea why some are so desperate for the game to fail, if it succeeds it will push gaming forward to a new level.
    I'll come back in 6 months to a year, some of you will be nearly teenagers by then.
    Until then enjoy your echo chamber.
    Tell us more please

Crytek versus CiG: The Defense Lands

Not sure if this has been posted already...

Originally Posted by MTBFritz View Post (Source)
    Crytek versus CiG: The Defense Lands

Not sure if this has been posted already...
    The golden rule seems to argue exactly the opposite, or there would have been no need for CIG to bang on about the legal definition when used in the context of exclusively granting rights - it would have been clear to whoever read it.

Long wait for the next interesting bit sadly. Until then a lot of folk with grey market stock to shift while the going's still good

Long wait for the next interesting bit sadly.
    Next week.

Originally Posted by Backer42 View Post (Source)
    Next week.
    What's happening next week? I thought Feb 9th was the hearing

---

Can I offer this happy yoga commando with his companion cube to warm the cockles of our hearts while we wait? #helmetfidels

What's happening next week?
    Skadden's response to CIG's shenanigans, what else?

Originally Posted by Backer42 View Post (Source)
    Skadden's response to CIG's shenanigans, what else?
    Gentle mocking laughter waiting for the judge to not kick their case out?

Really not holding my breath on this case going anywhere. I've said it before, there's too much confirmation bias in the reading. I would not be remotely surprised if it all falls through and Crytek gets smashed with a hefty legal bill from both Skaddon and CIG.