Page 637 of 637 FirstFirst ... 627633634635636637
Results 9,541 to 9,547 of 9547

Thread: The Star Citizen Thread v8

Originally Posted by sleutelbos View Post (Source)
    No, what is being called for is talking about the game. And all this 'but you get all these death threats!!!!!" stuff is hyperbolic nonsense.
    It is not hyperbolic nonsense when it keeps happening.
    It is not off-topic when it keeps happening when talking about the game.
    It is not off-topic to call out this behaviour and — yes — criticise the people who are so adamant on trying to hide that this is going on.

If it bothers you that this whole issue has become such a central part of the topic that is Star Citizen, then try to guess who's to blame for that… but neither the blame or its bothering you will change the fact that it is indeed an unavoidable part of the topic these days.

No, what is being called for is talking about the game. And all this 'but you get all these death threats!!!!!" stuff is hyperbolic nonsense. Yes, some SC members are unstable. Yes, some ED members been sending death threats. Yes, some NMS members were sending death threats. Stop with the hypocrisy and talk about the game, if you'd please.

Here is me talking about the game, in the Lair of The Evil People Who Will Threaten Critical Posters:

Total number of death threats: zero.
    Percentage of upvoted posts: 100%

Mind you though, some people disagreed with me. It was all very scary indeed.
    The mood has definitely shifted a bit recently. We are seeing more and more critical posts being upvoted. There is a change in the wind.

But before my self imposed exile from the sub, i was frequently hurled abuse for daring to be critical. And no, i wasn't trolling or being nasty myself. I was just presenting points where i saw problems, and invariably one of the true believers would step in to refute what i said, and upon further disagreement they would quickly devolve into attacks again ED (because attacking another game totally proves whatever you are defendning about your game), insults against me, the classic you don't understand software development, or any other number of negative things.

Havid said that, none ever went as far as issuing death threats.... so that's a plus?

In other news, someone is poking fun at CIG: https://www.eveonline.com/article/pa...st-skin-bundle

There are thousands of posts going back years showing how the SC community reacts to critics of the project.

'Toxic community' is the second most popular reason given by backers applying for a refund.

SidAlpha had his kid threatened for being critical of the project for christs sake.

It's a fair and accurate assessment to characterise it as toxic and cult like, labels it has earned and continues to earn.

Originally Posted by Cobra1984 View Post (Source)
    SidAlpha had his kid threatened for being critical of the project for christs sake.
    I had to re-read this sentence to be sure which Christ you meant.

Stop with the hypocrisy and talk about the game, if you'd please.

OK

Originally Posted by Jacques d'Orleans View Post (Source)
    OK
    Fidelity!

Originally Posted by Jacques d'Orleans View Post (Source)
    OK
    The ultimate VR experience. Nothing can go wrong here.