Page 270 of 660 FirstFirst ... 265268269270271272275 ... LastLast
Results 4,036 to 4,050 of 9899

Thread: The Star Citizen Thread v8

Originally Posted by Zyll Goliat View Post (Source)
    For God's sake beside all broken promises those people also using Sinclair name for their own benefits....disgusting....Can Sir.Clive Sinclair(his lawyers) make charges against them?
    BTW.when we touch this subject Does anyone knows how Spectrum Next going on?

Is this means that our beloved Spectrum turning to the dark side???
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ScKKkVtB2lc
    Keep in mind the original 48k Spectrum was not exactly a shining light with respect to delivering on schedule. If I remember correctly, my dad cancelled our order about 2 months after it was originally meant to deliver. Instead we got a Dragon 32

Originally Posted by Taimaru View Post (Source)
    I must admit that even after backing a few successful kickstarters and receiving the rewards I am becoming wary of backing projects nowadays.

This may not be a popular opinion, however, I think there needs to be better regulation of crowdfunding with protection for backers. Maybe projects like Star Citizen, which everyday is looking more certain to fail, will cause Governments to bring in regulations or laws for protection, especially as the failure of Star Citizen will result in a huge fallout.

It's good that Rob Morton won the case against Retro Computers Ltd. however, it's just the start on what is needed in my opinion.
    To be honest cyber laws and regulations are in dire need of an overhaul anyway. While governments and companies participate and try to keep up in the "IT-war" the surrounding laws for the general population are often outdated or not sufficient enough. As always the common peasant (aka consumer) at the bottom is the victim in all this relying on protection by proxy and hoping that laws cover any eventualities which often they dont.

Originally Posted by Taimaru View Post (Source)
    I must admit that even after backing a few successful kickstarters and receiving the rewards I am becoming wary of backing projects nowadays.

This may not be a popular opinion, however, I think there needs to be better regulation of crowdfunding with protection for backers. Maybe projects like Star Citizen, which everyday is looking more certain to fail, will cause Governments to bring in regulations or laws for protection, especially as the failure of Star Citizen will result in a huge fallout.

It's good that Rob Morton won the case against Retro Computers Ltd. however, it's just the start on what is needed in my opinion.
    He's in the UK so it was a foregone conclusion, Retro Computers should never have let it get that far. The article mention they represented themselves which is probably why they made such a mess of it.

Regulation is sorely needed, right now people can make whatever wild claim they like which is the perfect breeding ground for scams.

Out of curiosity, is there anything going on with the game outside of the engine lawsuit and all? Where is the 3.0 release at nowadays?

Originally Posted by Jenner View Post (Source)
    Out of curiosity, is there anything going on with the game outside of the engine lawsuit and all? Where is the 3.0 release at nowadays?
    Thats what I was wondering as well but I guess there are no news....

It's fallen off it's chair, it can't get up, and it can't even reach it's beer

It's just too frustrating to test at the moment, as the same inevitable bugs have not been addressed yet, performance is a big stinky, and there is very, very little to actually do. Worryingly, they had a large segment on Orgs in their latest video that gave the impression that dozens or perhaps more commando's would be able to work together in large-scale instances in-game. Their implementation has a heart attack and falls over with under a dozen simultaneous players - and without a lot of rework they are going to be completely unable to fix this.

Originally Posted by MTBFritz View Post (Source)
    Thats what I was wondering as well but I guess there are no news....
    Well currently there is 3.01 Version of SC and itīs basically the same as older 3.0 except there are few minor fixes.....apparently now some missions are possible to finish properly,tho game still works like crap if you are not connected on the "fresh"server,and if you are then you can expect to hit that magical 30 Fps .........

3.0.1 got released and fixed some stuff (no more player golf balls, ships spawn with doors and engines). It also had interdictions going crazy which really tanked performance. They seemed to have dialed back the interdictions server side though.

Their service beacon mechanic, which allows you to put up a beacon so other players can find you got moved from 3.2 to 3.1.

And 3.1 is supposed to be released sometime in March. If this is true should be only a few weeks before some sort of PTU for 3.1 is out.

Ah, I see. Thanks.

I'm surprised they are talking about increasing player capacity per instance when performance is already so slow.

Ah, I see. Thanks.

I'm surprised they are talking about increasing player capacity per instance when performance is already so slow.
    You're surprised they're talking about stuff they haven't done yet?

Isn't that basically what they've been doing for 7 years?

It’s not just in gameplay - they want Spectrum to be the home for Orgs with guild structures, recruitment and lulzbanning tools, leaderboards and guild publicity - with an as yet unknown method of translating any of that into gameplay.

Ah, I see. Thanks.

Well, if they don't increase it, how will they ever get the thousand player instances the players dream of? They can always recfactor the networking later, after they dig the ditches for the pipelines and wibble the wobble of the womble something or other.

Originally Posted by Asp Explorer View Post (Source)
    It’s not just in gameplay - they want Spectrum to be the home for Orgs with guild structures, recruitment and lulzbanning tools, leaderboards and guild publicity - with an as yet unknown method of translating any of that into gameplay.
    I'm not sure how i would feel about that, having the devs being able to effecively moderate my groups activities.

Are the orgs still a thing?

I remember when there was a period when loads of them would turn up at the studio in their matching t-shirts/sweatshirts and do the tour.

There was an Elite org but IIRC the guy running it gave it up a few years back..

Originally Posted by ianw View Post (Source)
    Are the orgs still a thing?
    Hell yeah. If there's one thing Star Citizen does cater for, it's the good ol' space bros and their "hangin' tuff an' rollin' witt it" posturing. If I'm honest, it's the one reason I'll probably end up refunding - I can take the crushing disappointment of 3.0.1 and all the broken promises, but the idea of sharing the same 'Verse with a bunch of saluting tea-bagging cosmic frat boys just fills me with dread.

So true....just because the guy have the idea and possibly some small skunk-work back in 2009 we should count that as an actual development.....I mean for god sake their CO Warhorse Studios was founded in 2011....
    And we have a lot of people saying that CIG started their project as soon as 2010-2011 and that indeed was development and not skunk-works...

And just because the company was founded later does not mean they had something in the works.

They most likely only did some concept art and possibly some storyline from 2009-2012 but not the prototype....according to the the wiki they build the prototype after they purchased their CE license in 2012 and before their KS campaign finished in 2014(seventeen months )...
    And yet they had an estimated delivery for DEC 2015, a wee bit optimistic.