Page 462 of 462 FirstFirst ... 452458459460461462
Results 6,916 to 6,922 of 6922

Thread: The Star Citizen Thread v8

Awfully nice of Chris Roberts to pave the way for so many years at such high prices.

Originally Posted by sovapid View Post (Source)
    Supposed to be planetary surfaces and asteroids. We will see what the definition of an asteroid is...
    Or the definition of "planetary body".

3.5 for Q1 next year is on the roadmap now: https://robertsspaceindustries.com/r...1-Star-Citizen
    So... Performance Optimization is in all releases...

Maybe they could complete most of it in one release? Like 3.1 or 3.2? Why does it need to be in all?

According to that roadmap - we'll still be in Stanton come 2019

Originally Posted by milligna View Post (Source)
    Awfully nice of Chris Roberts to pave the way for so many years at such high prices.
    Hey, proper roads don't come cheap.

Originally Posted by MTBFritz View Post (Source)
    "Even if Chris Roberts fails....he would have paved the way for all the people who follow and eventually get it right.".....
    I've long been of the opinion that the developments of NMS, SC and ED compared would form the basis of a seminal thesis on game development. I'm now of the opinion that SC will also form the bases of another very solid thesis on crowd dynamics.

Overall I struggle to believe that anyone is really happy with where SC is now. This is not the same as saying people aren't happy with where 'they' are.

To be this far on with so much money raised/spent, with something that is (generously) divisive, I can't imagine anyone feels any pleasure, not if they are being honest with themselves. But then what do I know, I've only 30+ years experience in IT systems development.

3.5 for Q1 next year is on the roadmap now: https://robertsspaceindustries.com/r...1-Star-Citizen
    So, still no new systems next year. And refinery facility in 3.5 next year but mining now. Amazing.

Well, if we factor in the usual slippages, i think i'll revise my personal estimate for a release to be somewhere about ..... 2030?