Page 273 of 660 FirstFirst ... 268271272273274275278 ... LastLast
Results 4,081 to 4,095 of 9899

Thread: The Star Citizen Thread v8

Originally Posted by Backer42 View Post (Source)
    because it was CryTek's footage as the lawsuit confirmed. CR didn't even have the engine licensed by the time he started his crowdfunding campaign.
    Now, to be fair. Contracting CryTek to make an engine demo for a kickstarter and a game would in no way require the engine license at that time.

And why pay for a license before they even knew if they would get backing for the game in the kickstarter? Would you pay close to 1.8 to 2 million USD for a license before you even know if you will break even in the kickstarter? Even IF you had SOME private backing?

Originally Posted by MTBFritz View Post (Source)
    Chris Roberts live behavior and speech pattern is in line with somebody making things up on the fly and trying to avoid giving information because anything he "could" say would taint the project so like everybody who tries to swindle you out of your money he comes up with a crapton of meaningless words and also uses body language to distract you and put you to sleep....

...or he might be simply nervous......but then he is a veteran of the media, worked on and finished games in the past and should be like a fish in water in such interviews
    He has all these nervous tics in his presentations because he knows his project is all fubar. He already knows DS was right , and they should have made their own engine and ditched cryengine early at least four years ago. He didn't want to admit he screwed up again like with freelancer and the money is just too good to not to keep selling the dreams. Perhaps what is envisioned for StarCitizen in its entirety of its feature creeped goals can be doable as a working mmo at least 15 or more years from now. So cig-arrets is screwed especially stuck in having to continue this ponzi or fess up to over a hundred million wasted and a plethora of expensive but ultimately useless video and media.

Originally Posted by Agony_Aunt View Post (Source)
    I think my IQ just dropped reading that. But what i think he is saying is once the pipelines and foundations are laid, then they will really be able to ramp up development.
    Any time now. At least that is what has been said year after year.

When will we hear from the judge?

Originally Posted by Cosmo View Post (Source)
    Before Star Citizen is released.

Originally Posted by Cosmo View Post (Source)
    Wanted to say 2 weeks but the judge has *90 days to give her verdict.

Edit: *I read it somewhere

Originally Posted by Dooguk View Post (Source)
    Wanted to say 2 weeks but the judge has *90 days to give her verdict.

Edit: *I read it somewhere
    90 days, tops?... Oh, the huge manatee!

It won't be a 'verdict'. It will be a ruling on CIG's motion to dismiss. Not the same thing at all.

Originally Posted by AJW View Post (Source)
    It won't be a 'verdict'. It will be a ruling on CIG's motion to dismiss. Not the same thing at all.
    Yeah, and going by her cancellation of the hearing last week I'm not entirely sure that GIG are going to be too happy.

[QUOTE=Dooguk;6415525]Wanted to say 2 weeks /QUOTE]

Be sure those were the days

Well excuse me! Did I come across as some internet legal eagle expert. I don't give a toss what she says.

Originally Posted by Dooguk View Post (Source)
    Well excuse me! Did I come across as some internet legal eagle expert. I don't give a toss what she says.
    It'll take ages, be very very boring and possibly result in an unfathomably strange outcome, or even fizzle out quietly.

If anything exciting does happen Dr Smart will shout it from the rooftops.

I think she might be going to say that this motion exclusively is nonsense.

Which obviously means all motions are because it doesn't matter where words come in sentences. Covfefe.

Originally Posted by Taimaru View Post (Source)
    Before Star Citizen is released.
    That goes without saying since she's going to kill it off.

One of those moments of truth where nobody smashes the thread cos they all know it's just how it is and it isn't being nasty about it

SC reddit traffic seems to have plummeted by a good few hundred, sadly we can't see the figures anymore but it looks like the 3.0 bubble has burst.

It's still the same mess only with some planets that repeat a lot.