Page 274 of 531 FirstFirst ... 264270271272273274275276277278284 ... LastLast
Results 4,096 to 4,110 of 7956

Thread: The Star Citizen Thread v8

Originally Posted by Dooguk View Post (Source)
    Wanted to say 2 weeks but the judge has *90 days to give her verdict.

Edit: *I read it somewhere
    90 days? That's 3 months!!

It seems that this lawsuit will be ongoing for at least a year, well into 2019.

Originally Posted by AJW View Post (Source)
    It won't be a 'verdict'. It will be a ruling on CIG's motion to dismiss. Not the same thing at all.
    Yeah, but when is that?

Originally Posted by Cosmo View Post (Source)
    90 days? That's 3 months!!

It seems that this lawsuit will be ongoing for at least a year, well into 2019.

Yeah, but when is that?
    The judge is developing the pipelines and the tools for her verdict. She's relegalising her summation for the best possible fidelity. She'll be doing things no judge has ever done before, with amazing judicial technologies. I'm hearing she's planning on having 1000 defendants in the same court-instance in her hand-crafted chambers. Best Damn Court Case Ever. Buy a gavel.

Originally Posted by frostypaw View Post (Source)
    One of those moments of truth where nobody smashes the thread cos they all know it's just how it is and it isn't being nasty about it

SC reddit traffic seems to have plummeted by a good few hundred, sadly we can't see the figures anymore but it looks like the 3.0 bubble has burst.

It's still the same mess only with some planets that repeat a lot.
    Wow, and the "Its alpha!" excuses are getting downvoted as well! That's quite the change.

Originally Posted by MTBFritz View Post (Source)
    Chris Roberts live behavior and speech pattern is in line with somebody making things up on the fly and trying to avoid giving information because anything he "could" say would taint the project so like everybody who tries to swindle you out of your money he comes up with a crapton of meaningless words and also uses body language to distract you and put you to sleep....

...or he might be simply nervous......but then he is a veteran of the media, worked on and finished games in the past and should be like a fish in water in such interviews
    However, that interview gave a boost to a struggling ED KickStarter. CR has been generous in pointing SC backers to other space related crowd funded projects, at least in the early days.

I'm more concerned with this thread where the same jokes are being used time and time and time again. Perhaps a little more analysis and a lot less 'having a pop' would do this thread no end of good. It's become what it has decried in the past, a self-selected group pursuing a single agenda.

Oh yes, when you think of Chris Roberts, you think of "generosity to other developers." If only we could all be so selfless.

Originally Posted by amigacooke View Post (Source)
    However, that interview gave a boost to a struggling ED KickStarter. CR has been generous in pointing SC backers to other space related crowd funded projects, at least in the early days.

I'm more concerned with this thread where the same jokes are being used time and time and time again. Perhaps a little more analysis and a lot less 'having a pop' would do this thread no end of good. It's become what it has decried in the past, a self-selected group pursuing a single agenda.
    Do you have an analysis of the game to share, rather than one of the thread?

Currently it appears that patch 3.0.1 made some improvements but performance is now sliding back to pre-patch levels. The "it is better if you get a clean server" mantra only seems to reinforce the fact that their 'netcode' is still in dire need of attention, if those glorious 1000 commando space operas are going to happen any time soon?

I'd like to have something positive to say, to be able to take the project seriously because the game as originally pitched sounded like quite a good game to compliment ED's open universe. Freespace2 plus mods is getting a bit old for that.

Instead I automatically doubt the validity of everything ever said about SC because I've been following it for years, and that means constantly sifting lies for grains of truth which isn't a good look for a product people are trying to sell.

Originally Posted by AJW View Post (Source)
    It won't be a 'verdict'. It will be a ruling on CIG's motion to dismiss. Not the same thing at all.
    At this point is is quite clear CIG filled that motion not to get positive answer, but stall thing even more, so they can hang in for few more months.

Originally Posted by Stigbob View Post (Source)
    I'd like to have something positive to say, to be able to take the project seriously because the game as originally pitched sounded like quite a good game to compliment ED's open universe. Freespace2 plus mods is getting a bit old for that.

Instead I automatically doubt the validity of everything ever said about SC because I've been following it for years, and that means constantly sifting lies for grains of truth which isn't a good look for a product people are trying to sell.
    While i'm positive for the single-player portion that is SQ42 i do think they have taken on too much too quickly in regards to the multiplayer and MMO'ish part of the game.

Considering that a lot of the mechanics and ships will not be required for the SQ42 campaign but a lot of assets are required for the MMO the latter will most likely take a LOONG time compared to the single system campaign that is supposed to take place in the Stanton system which will be the first system to be finished since it's required for SQ42.

If anything i doubt whatever time table CIG sets and whatever set patch or release date of anything is +3 months.

Originally Posted by Snarfbuckle View Post (Source)
    While i'm positive for the single-player portion that is SQ42 i do think they have taken on too much too quickly in regards to the multiplayer and MMO'ish part of the game.

Considering that a lot of the mechanics and ships will not be required for the SQ42 campaign but a lot of assets are required for the MMO the latter will most likely take a LOONG time compared to the single system campaign that is supposed to take place in the Stanton system which will be the first system to be finished since it's required for SQ42.

If anything i doubt whatever time table CIG sets and whatever set patch or release date of anything is +3 months.
    The single player bit will live or die on it's flight model. If they keep what they've got it will suck and get laughed at, if they change it then they have to rebalance every single bit of work they've put into SQ42 missions (if they've actually done any).

Then I remember Ben Lesnick saying a long time ago that he'd played through all the missions already, or Chris Roberts saying they only missed their own big reveal expo by days (whilst making a documentary of themselves failing) then going radio silent for a year, and I think no it's all just flim-flam that's been made up on the spot this cannot possibly be legit.

They've got nothing, there is no product.

Originally Posted by Stigbob View Post (Source)
    The single player bit will live or die on it's flight model. If they keep what they've got it will suck and get laughed at, if they change it then they have to rebalance every single bit of work they've put into SQ42 missions (if they've actually done any).

Then I remember Ben Lesnick saying a long time ago that he'd played through all the missions already, or Chris Roberts saying they only missed their own big reveal expo by days (whilst making a documentary of themselves failing) then going radio silent for a year, and I think no it's all just flim-flam that's been made up on the spot this cannot possibly be legit.

They've got nothing, there is no product.
    Sometimes I think I might be being a bit hard on Star Citizen but then I read a post like this and think, "Yeah, they really deserve the derision."
    Imagine what would have been possible if there had been some control and accountability?

We can give that a pop.

So what's your analysis on why 3.0.1 doesn't seem to have fixed much at all? What do you gather from the fall in reddit traffic from a fairly consistent 1,300 readers to under 900?

Originally Posted by Tuub t Tute View Post (Source)
    Do you have an analysis of the game to share, rather than one of the thread?
    Yes, it's a complete basket case, but I don't return every day to say so

if i understand the suit correctly their is a cease and desist part pending the outcome, when would that part be ruled on and would that decision be solely up to the judge?