Page 451 of 660 FirstFirst ... 446449450451452453456 ... LastLast
Results 6,751 to 6,765 of 9896

Thread: The Star Citizen Thread v8

Originally Posted by Zieman View Post (Source)
    Same old. Same as in same same.
    Jeez. This is getting pretty boring now.

In other news, tomorrow there's going to be hearing on the prospective protective order filed by CIG. I'm guessing it won't result in an immediate verdict, though.

I dunno what Chris Roberts was thinking hiring Michael Cohen.

Originally Posted by Cmdr Eagleboy View Post (Source)
    It lost its appeal isn't it

Originally Posted by Cmdr Eagleboy View Post (Source)
    They could always do another ship sale for another non-existant ship.... oh wait, they just did that... again.

I was on Speccy a few moments ago with a few issues I'm having. The toxic flash mob were on hand the second I complained. At least it will be free of hackers and possibly players upon release

I have a sad. I usually read the SA forums with my morning coffee to check out the latest SC chit chat, and today i can't saying need membership.

I seem to recall this happened before and then reverted again.

Is it just lowtax trying to drum up more subscriptions? Perhaps he has been paying to Chris Roberts... i mean, he does sell JPGs (well, people pay for avatar changes).

EDIT: Bah, he got me, i paid lowtax's tax.

Aha! So the flight model is broken - not that those with eyes to see who've tried flying around in SC need confirmation, but at least an admission from the dev responsible that they're "working on it".

3.0 was a pretty massive undertaking. Over the course of last year, I was tasked with creating the Gravlev sim (also broken atm), atmospheric flight sim, an AI scripting system for ship control and an interface for animating ships in cut-scenes, all while dealing with bugs caused by changes to the engine like the new physics zone system and item 2.0, as well as the addition of a number of new ships that pushed the envelope for the flight model. When I detailed the necessary changes to fix this issue when it first came to light mid last year, the decision was made that adding these other features, which were blocking other teams, was the higher priority. It's a tough call, but that was the call. Of course I would have liked IFCS to be stable on the 3.0 release.
    Sounds like development hell to me, but wadda I know?

Originally Posted by Jonny Shiloh View Post (Source)
    Aha! So the flight model is broken - not that those with eyes to see who've tried flying around in SC need confirmation, but at least an admission from the dev responsible that they're "working on it".

So many tasks for a single person in a multi-hundred taskforce at work in a multi-offices company. Everything is perfectly fine.

I have a sudden remembrance of Trademark issues like Bethesda/Mojang over "Scrolls", or King/Stoic over "Saga"... I can't help thinking of EA's lawyers rubbing their hands with a large grin, waiting patiently for the best moment to strike CIG over the use of "Origin".

Originally Posted by Jonny Shiloh View Post (Source)

Also…
    Sure. The fix is to split IFCS into two parts. One part is the control logic, where IFCS determines what state the ship should be in at any given moment based on player input and other criteria. The other part is the physics processing where IFCS calculates the necessary forces in order to achieve the desired control state determined by the control logic.
    Yes, let's toss the input-sensitive part of the simulation into the “please do this whenever it's convenient” queue where it has to fight for attention with all the other stuff that should also be done when it's convenient. That's definitely a good way to achieve crisp control scheme (just like using “target values” as opposed to actually having proper physics control the thing).

Originally Posted by Tippis View Post (Source)
    Also…

Yes, let's toss the input-sensitive part of the simulation into the “please do this whenever it's convenient” queue where it has to fight for attention with all the other stuff that should also be done when it's convenient. That's definitely a good way to achieve crisp control scheme (just like using “target values” as opposed to actually having proper physics control the thing).
    I think you unforgivably forgot the famous adage: “... the flight model is so good that it is perceived as bad”.

We ve come full circle

Originally Posted by Viajero View Post (Source)
    I think you unforgivably forgot the famous adage: “... the flight model is so good that it is perceived as bad”.

We ve come full circle
    Oh, right. I forgot about that. Never mind then.
    Lazy-update inputs and target-based physics is the exquisitestest of things — my mistake.

The Star Citizen Free Fly Weekend Experience as it happened to Robin Gething. *WARNING may contain sweary words out of sheer frustration.

https://mixer.com/rsolgtp?vod=28416792

Originally Posted by Necronaught View Post (Source)
    I was on Speccy a few moments ago with a few issues I'm having. The toxic flash mob were on hand the second I complained. At least it will be free of hackers and possibly players upon release
    I dont think so. Star Marine was frequented by hackers on its first week after release and we had videos out promoting run and wall hacks. I guess nobody playing it and the code being so completely basic (probably right out of the box) leaves no challenge and people have their hacking tools ready for when this really starts someday.

I wondered why the awesome character creation in SC hasnt got more coverage so far. Maybe because its so limited? I mean there are hardly any options. The graphics aint really any better then in your standard MMO today and I realized there are STILL no female avatars in. Whats the problem with the female anatomy? 2020 looks more and more like a fanboy fantasy. Watching that stream Dooguk and I can agree that Star Citizen is worth playing for the laughs/lols but I m not sure that alone is worth 35 bucks.

Think I ll pick up Assassins Creed Origin up for that during the current sale.....I wonder how much of a "multiple" game I get for that money

Originally Posted by MTBFritz View Post (Source)
    Watching that stream Dooguk and I can agree that Star Citizen is worth playing for the laughs/lols but I m not sure that alone is worth 35 bucks.
    To be absolutely fair, the last time I played (yesterday), it wasn't as bad as that streamer was experiencing - I was getting FPS in the mid 30s (gasp!). Mind you, I was playing in the afternoon UK time so maybe got lucky with the server - there were a couple of commandos running around Port Olisar (including one who rather unnervingly followed me around staring at me, no idea what his deal was) but once I'd cleared Olisar and flew down to Daymar it was OK. Just boring really once you get over the novelty of gawping at the moon surfaces (which takes about 5 minutes of game time).

Anyway, I landed on top of an emergency shelter which was an achievement in its own right, my Aurora was wobbling all over the place and there's still no mechanism to let you know how far off the ground you are. The game crashed shortly after that though, so yeah.