Page 607 of 622 FirstFirst ... 597603604605606607608609610611617 ... LastLast
Results 9,091 to 9,105 of 9317

Thread: The Star Citizen Thread v8

  1. #9091
    Originally Posted by Zetta View Post (Source)
    There is no winning!, There is no winning!, There is no WINNING!!!, THERE IS NO WINNING!!!!

    https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen...eq&sh=551f6141

    Lotsa goalpost movements. I guess the Football Championship is safe from these occurrences with all them being active for SC.

  2. #9092
    Meanwhile in the EvE Online subreddit. Looks like SC's new Drake is a blatant ripp off of EvE's Venture mining frigate.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Eve/comment...original_ship/

  3. #9093
    Originally Posted by Zetta View Post (Source)
    There is no winning!, There is no winning!, There is no WINNING!!!, THERE IS NO WINNING!!!!

    https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen...eq&sh=551f6141

    Heh. Just observe when we meet in game, you with your poxy Aurora and me in my paid-with-real-money Super Hornet, and we have to battle it out for a specific loot or item in the area. I will show you how there is indeed no winning there at all either.

  4. #9094
    Originally Posted by Jacques d'Orleans View Post (Source)
    Meanwhile in the EvE Online subreddit. Looks like SC's new Drake is a blatant ripp off of EvE's Venture mining frigate.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Eve/comment...original_ship/
    What?! Are you suggesting that the company that is the source of the neologism “to Archer” is blatantly copying content from actual artists? Shocking!

  5. #9095
    Originally Posted by Tippis View Post (Source)
    What?! Are you suggesting that the company that is the source of the neologism “to Archer” is blatantly copying content from actual artists? Shocking!
    The Prospect of the Drake being a Venture is quite high (pun intended).

  6. #9096
    Originally Posted by Viajero View Post (Source)
    Heh. Just observe when we meet in game,
    What game?

    Originally Posted by Viajero View Post (Source)
    you with your poxy Aurora and me in my paid-with-real-money Super Hornet,
    That's a Super Hornet ! You don't have one, says the Navy.


    Originally Posted by Viajero View Post (Source)
    and we have to battle it out for a specific loot or item in the area.
    Yeah, have fun with that at 10 fps.


    Originally Posted by Viajero View Post (Source)
    I will show you how there is indeed no winning there at all either.
    Nobody wins, except Christ Roberts and his bank account.


  7. #9097
    Originally Posted by Jacques d'Orleans View Post (Source)
    Meanwhile in the EvE Online subreddit. Looks like SC's new Drake is a blatant ripp off of EvE's Venture mining frigate.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Eve/comment...original_ship/
    Comparison...

    EvE Venture



    SC Vulture



    You see totally different....

  8. #9098
    Originally Posted by Agony_Aunt View Post (Source)
    Comparison...

    EvE Venture



    SC Vulture



    You see totally different....
    Very. After all, even the smallest EVE frigate is larger than a AB380; the Vulture looks to be more like the size of the towing vehicle you'd use to move the AB380 around.

  9. #9099
    It’s little things like this that get our Dear Miles Eckhart curled up in the corner of the bar, either in a fit of lulz, or overcome with the need for it to all mercifully end.

  10. #9100
    Originally Posted by Asp Explorer View Post (Source)
    It’s little things like this that get our Dear Miles Eckhart curled up in the corner of the bar, either in a fit of lulz, or overcome with the need for it to all mercifully end.
    1.Tries to get curled in the corner of the bar. Clipps thru floor.
    2. No lulz, because the game engine can't handle it.
    3. Mercifull end has been removed from Patch 3.2 because it is not compatible with the next concept ship sale.


  11. #9101
    Originally Posted by Jacques d'Orleans View Post (Source)
    What game?

    Yeah, have fun with that at 10 fps.
    Harsh but fair.

  12. #9102
    Originally Posted by Viajero View Post (Source)
    Heh. Just observe when we meet in game, you with your poxy Aurora and me in my paid-with-real-money Super Hornet, and we have to battle it out for a specific loot or item in the area. I will show you how there is indeed no winning there at all either.
    Chances are you will get thrown out the seat and helplessly watch your super hornet rotate away from you while the Aurora gets "stuck" in a white light particle...indeed "no winning here" ^^

  13. #9103
    Originally Posted by MTBFritz View Post (Source)
    Chances are you will get thrown out the seat and helplessly watch your super hornet rotate away from you while the Aurora gets "stuck" in a white light particle...indeed "no winning here" ^^
    Could label it as personal narrative feature and use that as a selling point.

  14. #9104
    Originally Posted by Agony_Aunt View Post (Source)
    Comparison...

    EvE Venture



    SC Vulture



    You see totally different....


    Yup totally different, the same way different as the nebula in this

    Immensea Region Nebula in Eve Online:


    SC concept art:






  15. #9105
    When I watch the fierce arguments over P2W in Hearthstone or World of games it only confirms for me how this seems to be a personal view which cannot be countered in any way if you dont allow certain facts.

    Ships in Star Citizen are not "cosmetic" and will dictate what you can do ingame due to unique abilities or mechanics. Taking the prospector for example which after one of the latest reworks is the only ship that has the ability to mine (?). So many pro-SC fans come out and claim that pilot skill is ultimately decisive over victory and stating how some of their org friends are "elite" while they themselves are so good that they hardly run into anybody who can beat them.

    I m sure the fact that you cannot run into anybody at all or would want to because it drops a servers capacities to its knees plays a role but then such claims are easy to make when you dont have to back em up or provide any evidence. Is Star Citizen a game that is unable to transport the requirements of "skill" because frankly said whenever I watch a "dogfight" footage it makes me wonder where exactly that much touted skill is playing in? Anyway fact is that no system in Star Citizen is currently completed or even finetuned beyond the point of a "placeholder" which makes claims of excellency or superiority in skill moot. Ships dont differentiate in mass meaning that a tiny 1-seat fighter can ram and push away a massive capital ship. Most defense coming to SCs help argue details or facts that are "supposed to be in the game" after completion but thats simply preaching after Chris Roberts and what he promises at some point even when some of those past promises have been proven to be wrong, dropped or not anything anybody expected to be.

    I always get reminded with what kind of people I argue whenever somebody proudly proclaims that Star Marine is a "done deal" and an "awesome experience" making me wonder if said person owns or plays any other games at all. This is the kind of hyperbole that you ll encounter in any discussion regarding Star Citizen. You address current problems and issues and you get replies based on a dream that is by all means still years away or not possible at all. They never admit that all of their arguments are theory but act as if they are laying down facts. This behavior allows them to instantly disregard any "current" issues because "the savior will fix it" in the end, you need to have faith and all that which is surprisingly a term used often when it comes to Star Citizen. So people discuss two completely disconnected things (reality versus dream) but without making it clear discussions will go in circles and never be decided in any way.

    Like in politics its a situation that you can continue at will allowing you to pipe up or resist even in the face of utter logical annihilation. Its like when you take on a much more rhetorically experienced opponent and he monologues into a corner stating well elaborated facts and arguments which leave you no wiggle room whatsoever and after standing there with a blushed face while the audience is already pointing at you laughing and marking you the loser you put up your chin and say "your mom..." or some other utter nonsense. It doesnt score you any points and it doesnt change the facts but it allows you to "save face" in your own mind by resisting and putting up "the good fight".

    Which brings us to Star Citizen again. When I go over many pro-arguments in this trench war I cant shake the feeling that many of those arguments and issues raised are not "meant" for me but for other likeminded people. Kind of a reassurance or enforcement to their own pack demonstrating resilience and courage or maybe even stamina labeling doubt and worries as "weakness". There are groups in this project which resemble full bore cults due to their behavior and thinking process and like with cults you simply cannot win with those people. I tried a couple of times over the course of my life and it always has been a profoundly frustrating experience which only showed me that these people invest a lot of time to come up with theoretical arguments which leave you with no counter or disregards facts or distracts you from the real problem. And regardless if I managed to shake them up or question their own view after the hour or so of argument with me they simply turn and go back into their echo chamber to discuss these issues with other likeminded people getting reinforced and reassured. So on the next day I meet them again and we start from zero.

    Its like their master plan is simply "dont acknowledge anything, stay on your point and do not waver, ignore everything they say and just repeat what you know....they will eventually become tired and give up".....I mean.....seriously?

    Anyway. P2W is due to the inability to prove its "win" characteristic a moot point. Its a personal view that people will make up their mind about themselves. Some have a higher tolerance toward grindy mechanics, others see nothing wrong in getting actual return value for real money and then you have people have such a strong sense of fairness or simply dont have the means to invest and reap the rewards that you end up with people on different ends of the spectrum and there is next to no possible way to bring them together on the same tile. Religion and culture poses the same problems by the way....

    In the end Star Citizen is a computer game and most people evaluate and discuss it as such. But you run into people for who Star Citizen is "serious business" so even lighthearted comments or innocent remarks can trigger a powder keg without any warning. Suddenly the discussion turns into a fight and words dont matter anymore. You have turned into the "enemy" and "winning" the argument is the highest priority. Things turn ugly when nobody cares about "deescalation" anymore and often enough when I read through such clashes I m suddenly glad there is a computer screen and the medium internet between folks, otherwise we would have much more reports about violence and murder as we currently have.

    It could be argued at which point this game starts to "become serious business" but regarding the fact that almost all highly invested people are pretty touchy about the subject I doubt very much that the often mentioned "disposable income" is anything more then a readily thrown out defense which hasnt hold any ounce of truth. So putting down money really is the first mistake you can do and while the minimum investment leaves you with nothing else then a sour taste in your mouth if the project doesnt deliver on its promises (because....in the end you did pay for a fully functional game) going higher which seems to be the "norm" when it comes to backing Star Citizen puts people in a pickle so to speak. Failure suddenly is not an option anymore and ignorance or joking by others become real problems.

    I d tell people to "ease up" and laugh about it but I m sure being several thousand dollars in deep doesnt give them that luxury anymore....