Page 647 of 647 FirstFirst ... 637643644645646647
Results 9,691 to 9,698 of 9698

Thread: The Star Citizen Thread v8

Originally Posted by Hellakitty View Post (Source)
    Has this thing not crashed and burned yet?

Been a long time since I've even thought about SC, never mind read anything about it. I got my money back out of the project many moons ago and thought it would have collapsed in on itself by now.

So, what's new?
    Refunds have stopped since January, there are quarterly releases with a roadmap, though things are constantly moved out of it, the last release was there on time (barely), broken and very light on features, but still. The next release is on the test server, so it should be there on time. Main features it was supposed to contain were first iterations of salvage, repair and mining mechanics as well as FPS AI, but only mining remained.

Mining ("0 tier iteration") is limited to ED-like deposits on planetary surfaces, mined by 155$ mining ship. Mining looks like that: https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x6ldvcq and requires you to hold the button to use a mining laser and make sure neither of four values exceed the limit (think ED's mining but if your mining laser overheats you lose the deposit and/or ship).

The other smaller features are the 8-person group system, the ability to link the quantum drives (go-really-really-fast doodads) to fly in formation and allocate power to subsystems.

Edit: Compared to 2.0 you get moon landings, few ground vehicles and more than few new ships, a little bit of persistence, Star Marine on two maps, no more than 30-40 FPS unless you play on a fresh server and few smaller things.

If it wasn't so expensive, I'd like to try Star Citizen mining. Oh, well.

Originally Posted by Cmdr-Wotherspoon View Post (Source)
    Is that like bit-coin mining but harder on your GPU and for less return?

Maybe SC will be the first game that requires a quantum computer to run.

Originally Posted by Cmdr-Wotherspoon View Post (Source)
    You can always log into the PTU and beg to borrow the ship, emergent content right there and who doesn't want to roleplay a virtual pauper?

Originally Posted by Zetta View Post (Source)
    You can always log into the PTU and beg to borrow the ship, emergent content right there and who doesn't want to roleplay a virtual pauper?
    Or wait for free flight weekends if they still be doing those where you cat try all the jpe... ships.

Originally Posted by Vasea Azure View Post (Source)
    Or wait for free flight weekends if they still be doing those where you cat try all the jpe... ships.
    You only get a few JPEGs to try on a free fly weekend. For all JPEGs you need a press account, which you can get for free.

Originally Posted by Backer42 View Post (Source)
    You only get a few JPEGs to try on a free fly weekend. For all JPEGs you need a press account, which you can get for free.
    What are they going to do about all the jpegs that need more than 8 players to jpeg?