Page 660 of 660 FirstFirst ... 655658659660
Results 9,886 to 9,896 of 9896

Thread: The Star Citizen Thread v8

Originally Posted by DLewth View Post (Source)
    Ouch. That's going to leave a mark...

Incidentally, am I the only person who desperately wants an ostrich pillow?
    I have one at work. Can recommend.

Originally Posted by Zetta View Post (Source)
    Interview with Erin Roberts and Eric Davis https://venturebeat.com/2018/06/28/s...arterly-patch/
    That's what you said last year Erin.

“So with the next big release a lot of the underlying game is there and then we can look at transferring people between servers so we can have hundreds of thousands of people maybe in one instance, but that doesn’t come online until later.”
    - Erin Roberts
    17 Feb 2017

It's ok Erin, Clive Johnson has you covered. Network Bind Culling was 'pretty much done' 10 months ago:

"Network bind/unbind (aka bind culling) – the network side of this is pretty much done."
    - Clive Johnson
    14 Oct 2017

But wait! Wasn't this all being built in a Google Compute environment 4 years ago?

"We have chosen Google Compute for our initial cloud implementation as we think its the best combination of power, price and flexibility. We are attempting to build a dynamic server system where local nodes can be spun up to handle the hi-fidelity server “instances”"
    - Chris Roberts
    12 Nov 2014

I could go on, by a LOT, but that's a little bit of context for yet another 'it's coming next year' promise from one of the Roberts brothers.

Latest ATV: Strengthening The Core Tech

Heads up folks - you've nearly hit the 10,000 post mark (actually you're past it as there are 206 deleted posts), so we'll soon be heading over to a new shiny thread here - https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showth...d-v9?p=6821635 (thread currently hidden).

I'll give it half an hour then close this one, just in case someone is busy mashing the keys and could lose their message.

Originally Posted by Cobra1984 View Post (Source)
    That's what you said last year Erin.

“So with the next big release a lot of the underlying game is there and then we can look at transferring people between servers so we can have hundreds of thousands of people maybe in one instance, but that doesn’t come online until later.”
    - Erin Roberts
    17 Feb 2017

It's ok Erin, Clive Johnson has you covered. Network Bind Culling was 'pretty much done' 10 months ago:

"Network bind/unbind (aka bind culling) – the network side of this is pretty much done."
    - Clive Johnson
    14 Oct 2017

But wait! Wasn't this all being built in a Google Compute environment 4 years ago?

"We have chosen Google Compute for our initial cloud implementation as we think its the best combination of power, price and flexibility. We are attempting to build a dynamic server system where local nodes can be spun up to handle the hi-fidelity server “instances”"
    - Chris Roberts
    12 Nov 2014

I could go on, by a LOT, but that's a little bit of context for yet another 'it's coming next year' promise from one of the Roberts brothers.
    I'd love to make a thing with all these gems, like a wall of shame...

Core Tech?

That's the crowdfunding thing Turbulent made, right?

Originally Posted by milligna View Post (Source)
    Core Tech?

That's the crowdfunding thing Turbulent made, right?
    It's the thing they haven't quite started building yet… you know, half-way through year seven. Guess that's about the time you want to start strengthening it, too.

Not had a chance to watch that video yet - but weren't the big scary vandulls supposed to have been made bigger and scarier?

These are tiddlers that you can squish with a Big Bennys bowl. The real Vandulls are meant to strip off their armour in a fit of RAEG and start glowing like a squid before charging you and beating you to death with their breath.

Originally Posted by Zetta View Post (Source)
    Interview with Erin Roberts and Eric Davis https://venturebeat.com/2018/06/28/s...arterly-patch/

Wow. Amazing the levels of fabrication and misleading product representation these guys can just so casually drop. And of course not a single word about the completely broken performance. Totally shameless and reckless. I really hope authorities catch up to them at some point.

Originally Posted by Viajero View Post (Source)
    Wow. Amazing the levels of fabrication and misleading product representation these guys can just so casually drop. And of course not a single word about the completely broken performance. Totally shameless and reckless. I really hope authorities catch up to them at some point.
    Erin has gotten really bad recently, he's starting to make Chris sound like a second hand car salesman.

Oh wait...

Page 660 of 660 FirstFirst ... 655658659660