Page 605 of 660 FirstFirst ... 600603604605606607610 ... LastLast
Results 9,061 to 9,075 of 9896

Thread: The Star Citizen Thread v8

  1. #9061
    Originally Posted by Skizomeuh View Post (Source)
    Your brain couldn't survive a so intense overload of fidelity.
    The game itself doesn't seem to be able to survive it either.

  2. #9062
    Originally Posted by Iskariot View Post (Source)
    The game itself doesn't seem to be able to survive it either.
    Infidel! How dare you spake out like this against the best dreamable space meme (BDSM or so)! I cast you to the ground for this (wossname?) .... INSOLENCE!!

  3. #9063
    Poor WTFosaurus - so hyped at CIG's big moment in the sun at E3, looked like he was on the hottest date he'd ever been on, gets the date back to the hotel room...

    https://www.twitch.tv/videos/272127938?t=03h09m27s

    and he finds out he's been chatting up a bloke all night. "Crestfallen" really doesn't do it justice.

  4. #9064
    Originally Posted by Jonny Shiloh View Post (Source)
    Poor WTFosaurus - so hyped at CIG's big moment in the sun at E3, looked like he was on the hottest date he'd ever been on, gets the date back to the hotel room...
    Hilarious!

  5. #9065
    Zero to AAA is really, really hard. Trying it when you're inept is next to impossible.

  6. #9066
    Originally Posted by n4p0l3on View Post (Source)
    SC has started to deliver? last time I read, they have restricted the quantum travel to certain places in the game since alpha 3.0... that's a massive step backward in a supposedly open world game that has been boasting fidelitious unprecedented seamless immersion for years.

    did they even give any reason for that cut content?


    First guess I would take is they couldn't get it to work properly, like so many other things.

  7. #9067
    Originally Posted by Jonny Shiloh View Post (Source)


    I love this thread. I'm still a backer for my sins, but frankly, there's just so much fun to be had in watching CIG hopping around shooting themselves in alternating feet at such regular intervals, in the nonsense emanating from the more ardent wing of the Citizens' Defence Force, in Chris Roberts' big dopey face when he tries to play his own game live on the internet, in the memes the game has spawned, in the broken promises and missed deadlines, in the ludicrous metagame that is now Star Citizen, that I don't ever want it to change.

    The day they release an MVP which satisfies all the competing dreams and demands of the theorycrafting denizens of the SC subreddit is the day I pull up sticks and retire from the internet. Until then, per ardua ad astra CIG and all your citizens - please please please keep on doing what you're doing for the jollification of this poor sinner.

    As I have said before I've always had a strange feeling about the whole SC project which was the reason why I didn't backed it.
    In 10 or 20 years all they will be remembered for is the biggest deception package in the history of the gaming industry and I'm pretty sure one of the shockwaves of this failure to come is that it could kill crowdfunding as a whole.

  8. #9068
    Originally Posted by n4p0l3on View Post (Source)
    SC has started to deliver? last time I read, they have restricted the quantum travel to certain places in the game since alpha 3.0... that's a massive step backward in a supposedly open world game that has been boasting fidelitious unprecedented seamless immersion for years.

    did they even give any reason for that cut content?
    No but the news were received like it was an improvement, any discussion about limits regarding movement were instantly attacked with "we knew this would happen, CiG announced it for a long time already" and "doesnt restrict you in any way, once you arrive at the waypoint you can fly to wherever stop whining". Of course there have been questions regarding this step but even innocent petitions were met with hostility and over-the-top aggression. Its bad enough that CiG delivers such news in side comments or express em in a way that people are confused without going into details but the fact that the SC brigade is trying to put a lid on anything that raises questions or confusion is even worse.

    My take is that the hacked 64bit positioning wrecked havoc on movement over long distances so in order to ensure people dont get several AU past their target or end up inside the planetoids they implemented the not-so-seamless-seamless-pseudo-loadingscreen.

    The seamless universe promise is the one thing that made Star Citizen really grandiose but the basic FPS is already riddled with forced animations/loadingscreens which hide the transition from character to ship. Moving around doesnt seem to be particulary difficult when you consider how "small" the environment is in which you can do it and as soon as CiG tried to make their maps bigger they were forced to bypass more transitions in order to make it less appearant but right now I dont see the alpha delivering on that promise alone. Maybe I have different expectations when somebody talks about a true seamless universe. And as one would expect, the more you stack hacks and rush jobs on top of each other the worse it runs.

  9. #9069
    Originally Posted by Jacques d'Orleans View Post (Source)
    As I have said before I've always had a strange feeling about the whole SC project which was the reason why I didn't backed it.
    In 10 or 20 years all they will be remembered for is the biggest deception package in the history of the gaming industry and I'm pretty sure one of the shockwaves of this failure to come is that it could kill crowdfunding as a whole.
    If I had worked on this project I would not include it in my CV, most likely I would write that I was traveling the world in that period

  10. #9070
    Doors still not working in 3.2, just as well the ships can clip through everything...

    https://youtu.be/efUSeMLJr5E

  11. #9071
    Originally Posted by lysan View Post (Source)
    If I had worked on this project I would not include it in my CV, most likely I would write that I was traveling the world in that period
    I'd be inclined to disagree there. All experience is valuable, and for the artists, modellers, texture and lighting peeps - it'd be a pretty solid block of work to be proud of.

    The scripting, AI, engine backend, storywriting, background and fluff, "netcode" engineers* and hardware provisioning** though? I'd take an extended motorcycle trip throughout Europe and the US any day

    Thing is - they actually check those things these days.


    * this stuff is really hard to get right and requires resources and direction the company must be determined to help get right.

    ** this stuff isn't.

  12. #9072
    Originally Posted by Cobra1984 View Post (Source)
    Doors still not working in 3.2, just as well the ships can clip through everything...

    https://youtu.be/efUSeMLJr5E
    In this case it's a good thing, people apparently get stuck down there and are unable to launch or use most of the elevators.

  13. #9073
    At least the real space door in the office still works!

  14. #9074

  15. #9075
    Originally Posted by Dooguk View Post (Source)
    I wouldn't call it ignoring, it's a list with games who have a chance for a release or will 100% release contrary to SC.