Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: Enigma Expedition to Colonia for Charity and for/with CMDR DoveEnigma13

I just noticed the OP has been updated with ETAs for the waypoints. What's the average distance per day that we'll need to cover in order to keep up with the fleet based on these ETAs?

Originally Posted by Greytest View Post (Source)
    Unfortunately, decals won't happen, but I DID ask! =(
    Well... we still have the megaship, the beauty of the Galaxy and a really good company.
    Is more than enough!

When did the megaship Dove Enigma arrive in the Colonia system?

22,000 ly divided by 16, about 1375 ly between waypoints assuming they are approximately equally spaced..

Originally Posted by Frankymole View Post (Source)
    When did the megaship Dove Enigma arrive in the Colonia system?
    It arrived today, fresh out of the drydock!

Originally Posted by Goddessloviatar View Post (Source)
    22,000 ly divided by 16, about 1375 ly between waypoints assuming they are approximately equally spaced..
    The actual distance we have to travel is around 26.400ly, divided by 24 days equals around 1100ly per day. Consider that the expedition slightly speeds up towards the end, even though I tried to equalize it as good as possible.

Originally Posted by Greytest View Post (Source)
    The actual distance we have to travel is around 26.400ly, divided by 24 days equals around 1100ly per day. Consider that the expedition slightly speeds up towards the end, even though I tried to equalize it as good as possible.
    This assumes equidistant waypoints - is that what we have? Another question I had is the duration of photo ops, "picnics", and whatever else groups will be doing at these waypoints. Worded another way, if I arrive an hour late to a specific waypoint, will the party be over?

Originally Posted by Old Duck View Post (Source)
    Worded another way, if I arrive an hour late to a specific waypoint, will the party be over?
    Good point. I was excited to make this my first organised expedition but there's no way I can get control of the TV at 8pm It will more likely be 10pm onwards for me. Are there likely to be other people there?

I salute you CMDR DoveEnigma13, safe travels to you and all the explorers heading out here. o7

hi being an utter noob, to this exped, although pleased to be going, route planning do i just do a WP at a time? is here any way of putting it all in. every time i search for the next WP the previous route disappears it seems. cheers see you out there~!

Originally Posted by Old Duck View Post (Source)
    This assumes equidistant waypoints - is that what we have? Another question I had is the duration of photo ops, "picnics", and whatever else groups will be doing at these waypoints. Worded another way, if I arrive an hour late to a specific waypoint, will the party be over?
    I said "days" not "waypoints". They are very much not equidistant, but that's what i tried to compensate with the schedule.
    So it starts out with less than 1000ly per day and goes up to around 1500ly towards the end-ish.

Originally Posted by Mr.Mag00 View Post (Source)
    hi being an utter noob, to this exped, although pleased to be going, route planning do i just do a WP at a time? is here any way of putting it all in. every time i search for the next WP the previous route disappears it seems. cheers see you out there~!
    In that regard, it is one waypoint at a time, yes.
    You plot there, fly there, have fun and take a look around, and then plot for the next one.
    You can place bookmarks at the waypoints for convenience.

Originally Posted by ModishNouns View Post (Source)
    Good point. I was excited to make this my first organised expedition but there's no way I can get control of the TV at 8pm It will more likely be 10pm onwards for me. Are there likely to be other people there?
    From my experience there's always someone at the waypoints, even way before and after the meetup times.
    you might wanna check open as well.

I am myself a skin cancer survivor (16 years now) and have signed up for this expedition.

Racing home from the NGC 7822 Nebula to get to the starting point for tomorrow.

o7

Originally Posted by "Red5" View Post (Source)
    I am myself a skin cancer survivor (16 years now) and have signed up for this expedition.

Racing home from the NGC 7822 Nebula to get to the starting point for tomorrow.

o7
    Ahhhh, that is still my favourite place in the galaxy! <3

Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast