Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617181920 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: Enigma Expedition to Colonia for Charity and for/with CMDR DoveEnigma13

Originally Posted by ThudPucker View Post (Source)
    Would someone be kind enough to send me step by step instructions on how to update the log files to EDSM? Written for someone who knows nothing about computers, where to find the files or how to send them. In short for someone who knows nothing.

Thanks in advance.
    Simplest way is just to run one of EDMC, EDDiscovery or EDDI and let them do it for you.

See also https://www.edsm.net/en/faq

Hope this helps!

My first expedition, really enjoying it so far. It was nice to see so many people at waypoint 2 at 20:00 meet-up.

Stream I caught of arriving at WP2 and taking the chance to see what everyone else brought along
    https://www.twitch.tv/videos/218244065?t=26m34s

I've decided I'd like to do all the way points some I'm heading to Jackson's Lighthouse from the Western Meridian. Should be there in a few days. I then plan to head back and take up the rest of the circumnavigation. Hope to catch up with you all soon.

Please disregard. Original message deleted, and the matter is fixed in EDSM exp route.

Safe travels o7

-gaZthme

Originally Posted by VerticalBlank View Post (Source)
    Simplest way is just to run one of EDMC, EDDiscovery or EDDI and let them do it for you.

See also https://www.edsm.net/en/faq

Hope this helps!
    Thanks for the try but nope, far too much I don't understand or have no need or want. Voice attack for instance. Been trying on and off for a year to get my mic to work. No luck. And even if it did work I still would not use voice attack. When I said I know nothing I meant it.

Lived this long without. I can carry on but thanks once again.

Originally Posted by KillerDM View Post (Source)
    Or for someone on the PS4? It initially said to not register, but then it said it was okay to register, but there is no way to update progress.... Thank you!
    Not possible on console, unfortunately. We don't have those log files.

This is exactly what I needed to get me back into the game. A bit ironic, given that it was a looooong trip out to the Bovomit sector (specifically, the return journey) that burned me out.

Meeting loads of cool new friends and trying things for the first time like high G landings and, in other news , repair limpets.

Originally Posted by ModishNouns View Post (Source)
    This is exactly what I needed to get me back into the game. A bit ironic, given that it was a looooong trip out to the Bovomit sector (specifically, the return journey) that burned me out.

Meeting loads of cool new friends and trying things for the first time like high G landings and, in other news , repair limpets.
    I just watched a video of you breakdancing, "break" being the operative word, LOL. Did you ever make it down after the initial abort? I'll be "materializing" at the gathering shortly (hopefully not inside another ship). I landed there earlier yesterday and just logged out while on the surface. I'll make sure to wave if I see you!

Originally Posted by Old Duck View Post (Source)
    I just watched a video of you breakdancing, "break" being the operative word, LOL. Did you ever make it down after the initial abort? I'll be "materializing" at the gathering shortly (hopefully not inside another ship). I landed there earlier yesterday and just logged out while on the surface. I'll make sure to wave if I see you!
    No, I gave it up as a bad job, licked my wounds and pushed on to #4

Here's a small album from a meetup on 46 Upsilon Sagittarii 1, plus a few bonus images I took afterwards.

Originally Posted by ModishNouns View Post (Source)
    Not possible on console, unfortunately. We don't have those log files.
    Ah, well there it is.... I don't want to delete the account as it will show an abandoned participant, then, though. I guess I will just leave it and try to have an admin on there show completed when I get there.

Very excited to see so many people participating.

I will be leaving wp2 very soon this morning. Seems a lot of folk are already at wp4 or beyond.

Nowadays going to Colonia is just a matter of 5 or 6 game hours, but doing an expedition is a very different thing!

Is EDSM slow to update for anyone else? Been at wp4 for a couple hours and still not updated despite hitting update button on EDMC several times. Just stopped updating about half way between wp3 and wp4. Don't want to continue until updated but should I just keep going and hope it will update later?

Originally Posted by CMDR Chabberwocky View Post (Source)
    Is EDSM slow to update for anyone else? Been at wp4 for a couple hours and still not updated despite hitting update button on EDMC several times. Just stopped updating about half way between wp3 and wp4. Don't want to continue until updated but should I just keep going and hope it will update later?
    Yes it is slow! You can keep going, and if you do not have your progression tomorrow, you can still import your journal file directly.

We will reboot the server tomorrow to try to fix the problem, right we spent the week end trying to ease the load without too much loss.

Originally Posted by AnthorNet View Post (Source)
    Yes it is slow! You can keep going, and if you do not have your progression tomorrow, you can still import your journal file directly.

We will reboot the server tomorrow to try to fix the problem, right we spent the week end trying to ease the load without too much loss.
    Ok totally understandable given all the activity I'm sure. Thanks for the quick reply!!