Page 2 of 41 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: Enigma Expedition to Colonia for Charity and for/with CMDR DoveEnigma13

Originally Posted by Clariko View Post (Source)
    This sounds like a lot of fun, but I've never participated in an expedition before. Is there a guide or something that I should check out?

Thanks for organising the expedition. Wishing all the very best to commander DoveEnigma13.
    Firstly, I hope that CMDR DoveEnigma13's cancer goes into remission and that he lives to see his daughter graduate from high school, college, get married, and hold his grandkids in his lap. I am honored to join this expedition.

Unfortunately, I've seen that awful side of cancer. My mom and many of my relatives have died of cancer and my wife has a huge scar on her back from a melanoma removal. She tells everyone that she was bitten by a shark!

Clariko, there's nothing hard about exploration, except for the endless repetition of jumping, scooping, and scanning. You want an A-rated FSD (preferably engineered for long range jumping), a good fuel scoop, Advanced Discovery & Detailed Surface Scanners, and D-rated (lightweight) modules for most everything else. An Automated Field Maintenance Unit and an SRV bay are worth considering. If you haven't done much fuel scooping, I recommend taking a couple of Heat Sink Launchers. I usually fly in Solo or a Private Group, so I don't take any weapons while exploring.

Here's a link for more info on exploration: https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showth...to-Exploration

I've signed up for the expedition. I plan to take my AspX "Into the Black", the same ship I flew to Beagle Point for the Distant Worlds Expedition. In game, I'm CMDR Topaz the Grouchy. (I picked my commander name on a bad day and curmudgeon is too hard to spell!)

Here's a link for the AspX configuration that I'll probably use: https://coriolis.edcd.io/outfit/asp?...%20the%20Black

Originally Posted by rayskinner View Post (Source)
    Hi,

In game I am cmdr lego addictus, i can help with credits if you need them for something like a dbx

Ray
    Thank you commander. I have Monday off. Plenty of time. Working out a fitting ship for the journey

I'd be honored to come along on this, too.

I want to second what NW3 says. If you're just starting out, there's no need to engineer a ship or even to have a particularly well-fitted ship. The route to Colonia is well-understood, and almost anything with an A-rated FSD will make the journey handily.

For titaniumgoblin, especially, here are a couple of ships that would handle the trip just fine, and be a lot of fun to fly there: Cobra Mk III (25.44 ly, without engineering) and Dolphin (30.54 ly without engineering). Both ships are built to minimize weight but have shields, a buggy, and an AFMU. The Cobra is under 5 mil, and the Dolphin is under 6, so it should be trivial to make that amount of money. If you have more to spend, then buy a better fuel scoop, but the one that's spec'd will get you there without too much pain.

Originally Posted by Satsuma View Post (Source)
    I'd be honored to come along on this, too.

I want to second what NW3 says. If you're just starting out, there's no need to engineer a ship or even to have a particularly well-fitted ship. The route to Colonia is well-understood, and almost anything with an A-rated FSD will make the journey handily.

For titaniumgoblin, especially, here are a couple of ships that would handle the trip just fine, and be a lot of fun to fly there: Cobra Mk III (25.44 ly, without engineering) and Dolphin (30.54 ly without engineering). Both ships are built to minimize weight but have shields, a buggy, and an AFMU. The Cobra is under 5 mil, and the Dolphin is under 6, so it should be trivial to make that amount of money. If you have more to spend, then buy a better fuel scoop, but the one that's spec'd will get you there without too much pain.
    I have a well played PS4 account the PC is a new one. I have a plan and shall be there. He is one of us and I'd be honoured to make this journey.

I'll be there for the launch of the expedition!

Can I just take a moment to say that its awesome to see people coming together to take part in this? Faith in humanity, restored!

What an awesome initiative!!
    I'm in Colonia already at the moment, but I plan to backtrack and meet you somewhere inbetween since I"ll be AFK for about two weeks end january, early February.

To CMDR DoveEnigma13; never give up, sending you positive vibes !

God speed Cmdr. We will be around for the send off and hope you have clear skies all the way o7

Good luck commanders. You have my best wishes, fly safe o7.

Added the event to the Hub.

JAN 3304 ENIGMA EXPEDITION EXPLORATION 39 GREYTEST SIGN UP STAGE ZEN CAST DISCORD LINK

To Commander DoveEnigma13, Hang on Commander! Fly safe o7

Hi! I'm on PS4, will i be able to enter my progress into EDSM?

I’m definitely going to be doing this. Might open up some MC seats at the waypoints if anyone wants to be there in spirit
    Just need to finish up on modding the Jump-A-Conda

Originally Posted by johankri View Post (Source)
    Hi! I'm on PS4, will i be able to enter my progress into EDSM?
    Should be able to, you’d have to manually enter the info so that shouldn’t be an issue

I'm about 30kly away from the bubble still. I'll join from a waypoint outside the bubble if I can make it! Keeping you updated!

It will be a beautiful journey. I'm in.
    We are with you, CMDR DoveEnigma13!

I am currently away from home (broke my foot, so I'm at relatives), so I unfortunately can't join. If time is on my side I'll try to catch up.
    But if I don't O7 commanders, have a nice ride, and don't forget your sunscreen.

Signed up as well. Hope to see you at the launch!

Page 2 of 41 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast