Page 4 of 41 FirstFirst ... 234569 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: Enigma Expedition to Colonia for Charity and for/with CMDR DoveEnigma13

Originally Posted by NW3 View Post (Source)
    Do you have a HOTAS with analog inputs for "thrust up" and "thrust down"? It is very difficult to land in high-G with only up/down digital buttons, due to the way ED uses the thrusters. Regardless, I'd suggest practicing before going on the Expedition. It can be a long way from your last station to catch up to the group.

Thanks for mentioning this. I too have lost a few ships to high-G. Therefore, I'm going to take a bigger shield than I originally planned. I suggest you do as well. o7
    I definitely second NW3's suggestion to practice. Epsilon Hydri 1 doesn't require a permit, and it's a 3.85G world.

With the caveat that I don't normally do this (I use the analog control method), if you don't have an analog control, you can come to a hover and toggle flight assist off in order to descend at a lower rate than if you use the "down thruster" button.

I assume this will be PC world.. and in open? or a private group? also looks like start time might be a problem for me to be there at kickoff... Friday mid day for me... so work day. but I am in California so I should be on close to the same time zone that
    DoveEnigma13 is playing. I sent a friend request from my Andrew Dreger account and registered on EDSM

Yes I've got HOTAS and I did use the analog up-down it was necessary!!
    Thanx for the advice, I landed on the 2nd planet of 61 Virgini after some friendly advice from discord.
    It's about 4.15G

Everyday we learn something here(Well I should practice earlier but I had some misfortune events)

Thank you guys see you in the black...

Originally Posted by AnthorNet View Post (Source)
    Hello Commanders,
    We usually do not support console over EDSM as there is simply no automated way to do it!

That said for you console users participating to the expedition, send me a private message with your commander name, and I will manually add you. Then send me a private message with the date/time of your ship passing any waypoint so we can track your progress.

Cheers and fly safe everyone.
    That is awesome. I may redivert my efforts to console. However to do this on PC is too good of an opportunity.

Very worthy cause! Of course I am on board.

Originally Posted by NW3 View Post (Source)
    Do you have a HOTAS with analog inputs for "thrust up" and "thrust down"? It is very difficult to land in high-G with only up/down digital buttons, due to the way ED uses the thrusters. Regardless, I'd suggest practicing before going on the Expedition. It can be a long way from your last station to catch up to the group.

Thanks for mentioning this. I too have lost a few ships to high-G. Therefore, I'm going to take a bigger shield than I originally planned. I suggest you do as well. o7
    We do have several opportunities to dock along the way though, so use those as savepoints!

Been looking for a reason to head back to Colonia and I can't think of a better one than this. I had a friend several years ago with a very similar story with the same disease. I won't be there for the kickoff though. Timing for me puts it at 11am on a Friday but I'll catch up. Now to pick a ship to take....

I have a request to Frontier. Is it possible to move my PS4 Ship Tranquility to the start point? It's about 23,000 LY away. If this is possible I'd like to take both my PS4 and PC account on this journey. My user name on PS4 is crazy_pukeko

Originally Posted by crazy_pukeko View Post (Source)
    I have a request to Frontier. Is it possible to move my PS4 Ship Tranquility to the start point? It's about 23,000 LY away. If this is possible I'd like to take both my PS4 and PC account on this journey. My user name on PS4 is crazy_pukeko
    You'll have to send a support ticket to FDev and ask them, but i don't think they would teleport you for that reason. I think you'll have to make your way to the bubble (you still have a week! ) or meet us somewhere along the way

If you bomb it to the bubble (no scanning or anything) you'll get there in time.

Lost my 1st Cousin recently to cancer. I will certainly be part of and contribute to an event that not only promotes cancer awareness but allows us to join CMDR DoveEnigma13 in one of my favorite pastimes, exploring in Elite! o7!

I just signed up:
    http://www.edsm.net/en/expeditions/s...gma+Expedition

Cmdr Halo Jones is actually *in* Colonia right now in her trusty Exploration Sidewinder "The Black".

I've only about 6 hours game time between now and Friday, so it's going to be tough, but I'm coming back to the lighthouse to join in. We're currently stripping out all non-essential modules to make The Black one of the fastest Sideys in the game to get to WP1 in time. I know I could have freewindered back, but that's not what this is about is it? Is there a shop near Jackson's lighthouse I can buy an SRV once I'm back in the bubble?

As other's have already said, Cancer is beast that affects everyone individually. Doing the expedition in the smallest ship available is my way of saying even the smallest hope is still hope, keep up the fight, Brandon!

love & prayers

.,;:|| cmdr over ||:;,.

If I can do it in a Sidewinder, you can get there too ! Get to your nearest local station that stores modules and strip back / store everything. That should give your ship much longer Spacelegs for the journey to WP1.

Then you can refit close to first waypoint once you've done most of the distance.

Good luck & fly safe, cmdr.

.,;:|| cmdr over ||:;,.

Cancer hit my family as well. To Commander DoveEnigma13, Fly safe and strength be with you.

It would be a honour to join but I'll be overseas when all are on the journey.

Best wishes.

Page 4 of 41 FirstFirst ... 234569 ... LastLast