Page 49 of 174 FirstFirst ... 3945464748495051525359 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: Mode switching for missions and Smeaton Orbital [200mill/hour]

Originally Posted by lovely lovely View Post (Source)
    Just cant fathom out why no one would not have visited and enjoyed a Combat Zone in the 2 days they've had the game :-D
    To some of us, combat just isn't interesting. Out of all the engineers, the one who wants Dangerous combat rating is going to be the last I unlock. I'm already Elite in the other two categories. Apart from when I'm interdicted, I hardly ever deploy hardpoints.

<in Kermit drinking a cup of tea mode>
    Parked up at a station close to Smeaton, looking out of my cockpit at a Commander owned Harmless rated Cutter.

But that's none of my business.

:-D
    I have a Competent rated Cutter... Should I be handing my keys back then?

Just cant fathom out why no one would not have visited and enjoyed a Combat Zone in the 2 days they've had the game :-D
    LOL .. so much to do, so little time.

Originally Posted by Red Fox Four View Post (Source)
    Quite a while ago there was an exploit where asteroids would have infinite gold fragments.

FDEV shut that down and stripped the profits from anyone who had used that exploit.

The Smeaton passenger stacking is easily three times more lucrative than the asteroid exploit ever was.

Yet the passenger stacking and mode switching exploit is permitted to persist.

I fail to understand the logic of this.
    One was a bug that was actually exploited (the actual definition of exploit when referring to programming software), one is as designed.

Originally Posted by Dbrn47 View Post (Source)
    One was a bug that was actually exploited, one is as designed.
    Exploit the noun vs exploit the verb.

A design in the game can be exploited. (Verb)

A bug in the design can produce an exploit (noun)

Simple

Originally Posted by DaggerSnake View Post (Source)
    Exploit the noun vs exploit the verb.

A design in the game can be exploited. (Verb)

A bug in the design can produce an exploit (noun)

Simple
    Everything in the game can be exploited in some way. That doesn't mean we can apply the noun to mode switching, which is what is always done when referring board flips and mission stacking. If lines aren't drawn, everything we don't like can be labelled as anything we want and the words don't mean anything anymore. Objectivity disappears and I become a telepathic dragon that breathes lightning because that's what I want to be.

Everything in the game can be exploited in some way.
    The main menu isn't in the game, though.

As others have said, I do not particularly enjoy combat for combat's sake. I had plenty in real life and overwhelmingly prefer other things now.

Originally Posted by Jorge Palu View Post (Source)
    I have a Competent rated Cutter... Should I be handing my keys back then?
    I had a Mostly Harmless one a while back but I'm into Competent now. I did have a Harmless Conda back in the day, though, when I didn't have a singler kill to my name.

Originally Posted by Stealthie View Post (Source)
    The main menu isn't in the game, though.
    As far as I'm concerned, everything that occurs past the EDLaunch.exe program is the game.

Everything in the game can be exploited in some way. That doesn't mean we can apply the noun to mode switching, which is what is always done when referring board flips and mission stacking. If lines aren't drawn, everything we don't like can be labelled as anything we want and the words don't mean anything anymore. Objectivity disappears and I become a telepathic dragon that breathes lightning because that's what I want to be.
    perfect description of the forums!
    I consider board switching an exploitable game design. An actual exploit due to a dev mistake? No, just an oversight that was found and jumped on.

This seems like a whole lotta whining. I don't get why people are so worried about how much money other people had.... You would crap a brick to find out I went from 0% rank 0 to rank 12 in both Fed and Imp in less than 3 days.... Without board hopping. Made a whole thread about my adventure on the Steam forums a few weeks back. I wanted it out of the way, you people cry like little babies when other people get something you don't have... guess what? I WORKED FOR IT! Stop being lazy and go get your 200 mill per hour, or your Duke/Rear Admiral in a days work.

It's funny, and I'm downput that I'm so late to this thread, but...this is actually another good reason why the artificial cap on acceleration/decelerate rates needs to be removed - so that it isn't artificially inflating long supercruise times!

Originally Posted by Nilt View Post (Source)
    I had a Mostly Harmless one a while back but I'm into Competent now. I did have a Harmless Conda back in the day, though, when I didn't have a singler kill to my name.
    Yeah, ditto. I took my harmless Conda all the way to Sag A and back in order to finish off my Elite exploration. I sold her to finance the Cutter after I completed the Duke grind. I made Elite trader using the Cutter (running these particular missions to go from Tycoon to Elite).

Now I'm just bankrolling Smeaton Missions to A rate a couple of Cutter modules and then to finance a Corvette (once I get into that grind).

And for the topics sake, yes indeed I'm flipping the boards to fill my seats.

Originally Posted by V'larr View Post (Source)
    It's funny, and I'm downput that I'm so late to this thread, but...this is actually another good reason why the artificial cap on acceleration/decelerate rates needs to be removed - so that it isn't artificially inflating long supercruise times!
    Are you actually simultaneously complaining that the long SC missions make money too quickly and that SC is too slow?

Originally Posted by verminstar View Post (Source)
    I did ask a question earlier but ye ignored it or didnt see it...then ye contradicted yerself by saying ye didnt care...but then went on to expand on how much ye care which was pointed out first by another, and then by me.

Ye wanna talk about ability to contribute some more or ye just wanna keep saying one thing and meaning another?

Why do ye care what options are available if ye claim not to care what choices others make? It doesnt even make sense...obviously ye do care otherwise ye wouldnt have started a thread to complain about something ye say ye dont care about.

But Im the one with lacking ability to contribute...thats cute, really...so why do ye care what options are there if nobody is forcing ye to choose them? How does it affect you if ye dont care? Ye see the confusion here?

Behold, I am sending you forth as sheep among wolves. So be ye wise as serpents and harmless as doves...