Page 57 of 173 FirstFirst ... 52555657585962 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: Mode switching for missions and Smeaton Orbital [200mill/hour]

I have a class 4 prismatic with G5 thermal in my passenger Anaconda.
    With just two boosters it gives about 1k shields and still carries max 188 economy passengers.

Originally Posted by MarkAusten View Post (Source)
    It's a blind spot I have. I just cannot get the Anaconda or the Corvette through the slot without bumping. Everything else, fine, but those two? Bump, bump, bump and occasionally smash.

you are to low, try bump your head and it'll work

It's a blind spot I have. I just cannot get the Anaconda or the Corvette through the slot without bumping. Everything else, fine, but those two? Bump, bump, bump and occasionally smash.
    Don't get me wrong, I had my fair share of grinding through the slot, getting stuck in the toaster grille, quite a few rebuys because of idiot NPC Belugas. The Corvette can fit slightly inside the thinner sides of the slot which was very beneficial to figure out.

Originally Posted by Raino View Post (Source)
    you are to low, try bump your head and it'll work http://cmdr-tenk.square7.ch/Smileys/kos.gif
    Very much this! Put your head right at the top of the slot and you will clear every time!

Just don't try it with landing gear down, the Corvette with LG down is just inches clearance in the slot, that lesson costed me 3 rebuys right after I first got it, that was painful.

Originally Posted by Suvi Anwar View Post (Source)
    Very much this! Put your head right at the top of the slot and you will clear every time!

Just don't try it with landing gear down, the Corvette with LG down is just inches clearance in the slot, that lesson costed me 3 rebuys right after I first got it, that was painful.
    I've tried it all. If I put my head right at the top of the slot, I hit the top of the slot. If I aim lower down I either hit the bottom or the side, sometimes both. I've given up trying to get it right as it's too stressful. I alway put on shields and let them take the strain.

I've tried it all. If I put my head right at the top of the slot, I hit the top of the slot. If I aim lower down I either hit the bottom or the side, sometimes both. I've given up trying to get it right as it's too stressful. I alway put on shields and let them take the strain.
    I believe the Conda (at least) auto-aligns with the slot, you just have to stick to the top and let it slide through, don't force it. Have faith in it. I know, seems wierd to me too at first.

Have you tried turning on the mouse widget in the toptions? That helps a lot, personally. I still bump if I'm in a hurry or have to avoid an NPC but I can slip through no issues at all most of the time now.

Use the docking computer a few times, until you get used to how she flies in. Then you'll get the feel of it.

I never understood why the docking computer doesn't undock too.

Surprisingly, if you leave your gear down, you don't bump. Don't ask me to explain why. It's just something I noticed.

Originally Posted by CMDR Pugwash View Post (Source)
    Use the docking computer a few times, until you get used to how she flies in. Then you'll get the feel of it.

I never understood why the docking computer doesn't undock too.
    Dah, you need the "undocking" computer for that.

No actually if you recall the original Elite 1984 undocking simply deposited you outside the station, I think that's right??? So I'm guessing they just thought docking computer: just for docking?

If you have a mate, get them to spot you as you dock/undock.
    Do this several times until you notice (s)he's no longer telling you to asc/desc.

Originally Posted by GunnerBill View Post (Source)
    Dah, you need the "undocking" computer for that.

No actually if you recall the original Elite 1984 undocking simply deposited you outside the station, I think that's right??? So I'm guessing they just thought docking computer: just for docking?
    Yep, it did. There was no interior.

Turn the mouse dot on. On exit/entry put that dot right on the upper rack boundary. Works every time.

Originally Posted by d8veh View Post (Source)
    Surprisingly, if you leave your gear down, you don't bump. Don't ask me to explain why. It's just something I noticed.
    I found the exact opposite, if I leave the gear down I always hit the slot, to the point of multiple rebuys.

Originally Posted by Suvi Anwar View Post (Source)
    I found the exact opposite, if I leave the gear down I always hit the slot, to the point of multiple rebuys.
    As long as you don't use pitch during take-off, you can get through the slot with your gear down and without bumping. If you pitch at all, you'll get stuck by your gear. If you put your gear up, you always bump (well I do!).

Page 57 of 173 FirstFirst ... 52555657585962 ... LastLast