Page 58 of 173 FirstFirst ... 53565758596063 ... LastLast
Results 856 to 870 of 2595

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: Mode switching for missions and Smeaton Orbital [200mill/hour]

  1. #856
    Agree with GJ51. Every passenger mission I've selected has had the time reduced. I always start taking the 3hrs+ missions and ignore some lucrative shorter timed ones. It's annoying.

  2. #857
    I have no issues with fitting my Annie trough slot at full speed , i don't know why you can't? Seems like you didn't try dock/undock in a Cutter in busy starport . It is so wide you need whole slot only for you , and no one is even attempting to allow you go freely.

    And about mission timers , you really really need allied status with everyone (ok nearly everyone ) , Firendly is not working . When i was allied with 2 factions and friendly with others it could take 30-50 minutes to get 200 passengers . Now i am allied with everyone exept Yeniklis Gold Clan and i can get 200 passengers in 15 minutes when unlucky so mission timers does not matter at all.

  3. #858
    As I was nearing dock I realised I was in a system where I was wanted ...and there were a ton of security ships around.
    And it announced I was being scanned!
    So I boosted my Annie through the slot at 350. I don't think I've ever gone through so smoothly, I might have to always enter boosting from now on! .... I mean, yes, I did slam into the back wall of the station belly first, but the shields still held

  4. #859
    I think some of you bump your ships because you don’t keep following the rotation of the station when you are inside the slot/halfway out of the slot. That would also explain why some of you don’t bump your ships when you enter the slot at high speed. Just a thought.

  5. #860
    Out of interest what the max number of Economy passengers that can be loaded?

  6. #861
    I never had problems flying anaconda trough “mail slot” (except when I am already in it and some cutter or beluga decides he can also fit in, flying at center). Despite being a large ship Annie is quite easy to control at docking/departing.

    But type-7 is a completely different story. I currently use it for passenger missions and I have trouble fitting this thing in station entrance every time. It not only has more height than anaconda, it also have cockpit in lowest possible position.
    I even installed docking computer (and got myself killed by it two times so far), still scratch my paint on exit.

  7. #862
    Originally Posted by lovely lovely View Post (Source)
    Out of interest what the max number of Economy passengers that can be loaded?
    Class 6 is the biggest economy class passenger cabin. The Anaconda can hold the most at 176 Economy class passengers, with up to a 7A shield. You can hold a little more (200 to be precise) with a 4A shield, 208 with no shield.

    Even the Beluga falls short of this (184 maximum with no shield).

    Actually checking again the Federal Corvette without shields is 212. Just a fraction more.
    The Imperial Cutter is 204 without shields.

  8. #863
    Originally Posted by ErikCraven View Post (Source)
    Class 6 is the biggest economy class passenger cabin. The Anaconda can hold the most at 176 Economy class passengers, with up to a 7A shield. You can hold a little more (200 to be precise) with a 4A shield, 208 with no shield.

    Even the Beluga falls short of this (184 maximum with no shield).

    Actually checking again the Federal Corvette without shields is 212. Just a fraction more.
    The Imperial Cutter is 204 without shields.
    I never realised the economy class cabins topped out at Class 6 !
    So the Cutters 2 Class 8s are pointless lol

    I guess this finally gives people a reason to use the poor disadvantaged Anaconda.

  9. #864
    Just an FYI to all who use Smeaton, it looks like it could potentially be going offline at reset this week. At least one player (who says he's got friends helping) has delivered, according to him, 60 UAs so far.

    https://www.reddit.com/r/EliteDanger...eaton_orbital/

    So, if you want to use it these next few days could very well be the last.

  10. #865
    So we will deliver MA and we will get it back online

    And Cutter is not best choice imo as passenger craft, just because it takes much longer to evade interdiction

  11. #866
    the only thing bad about is how unbalanced missions in general are, and also alternate tasks in the game.
    I don't have trouble with others getting money fast, becaue it reduces some necessary grind to test some ships. However it would be a lot more fun if many different tasks would allow us making similar credits. But stuff like mining for example is absolutely underwhelming in it's payment.


    Originally Posted by Karamon View Post (Source)
    So we will deliver MA and we will get it back online

    And Cutter is not best choice imo as passenger craft, just because it takes much longer to evade interdiction

    the major time of the task is just supercruising anyways.

  12. #867
    Can you not always turn in missions? So does UA bombing Smeaton even have an effect?

    Kind of late, too. I already moved to another system with better payout bout 80ly away.

  13. #868
    Originally Posted by Lily from anim.o.v.e View Post (Source)




    the major time of the task is just supercruising anyways.
    But only in Cutter for first time ever i was worried that i might not evade interdiction by an NPC

    @aguettinger Hutton Orbital?


    Btw even with that information there is not so many systems that could be considered better , but still grind ranks from the scratch , find it, prepare whole operation. Imo not worth right now . I believe it is better to start searching place like Nganinn-Mainani is for imperial grind , where we could get steady good income without Board fliping.

  14. #869
    Originally Posted by Numenor1379 View Post (Source)
    Just an FYI to all who use Smeaton, it looks like it could potentially be going offline at reset this week. At least one player (who says he's got friends helping) has delivered, according to him, 60 UAs so far.

    https://www.reddit.com/r/EliteDanger...eaton_orbital/

    So, if you want to use it these next few days could very well be the last.
    Shouldn’t be a problem. Fixing UA bombing is child’s play now that we have barnacle forests.

  15. #870

Page 58 of 173 FirstFirst ... 53565758596063 ... LastLast