Page 60 of 174 FirstFirst ... 5056575859606162636470 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: Mode switching for missions and Smeaton Orbital [200mill/hour]

I think it was a very good idea to reward players based on the distance from the star, and I hope it’ll return. If not these mission will simply not be worth taking, but yes they are too profitable right now in my opinion. I am thinking a 25% reduction would be about right, but I am not sure.

Originally Posted by Loskene View Post (Source)
    If mode switching is such a problem (and it seems to show up as a core component of every moneymaking activity of the week so far) why do they not just unify the mission board results between modes? I've never got why exactly the station offers you 3 different mission board sets depending on whether you're playing with others or not.
    It doesn't.

It offers you different mission boards when the game jumps from one server to another (which is sometimes does and sometimes doesn't do) when you quit back to the main menu.

do what ever you want im i already have so much money i dont know what to do with it

Originally Posted by Will Flanagan View Post (Source)
    Hello commanders,

As some of you are aware, Passenger Bulk missions are currently generating extremely high credit rewards that we feel are excessive of what we would consider reasonable and balanced.

After a detailed investigation, we can confirm that this is due to an element in our mission generation algorithm that rewards credits based on the distance of the destination system from the star.

Due to this, we will be disabling (until further notice) the aforementioned element of Passenger Bulk missions to reduce the amount of credits offered as a reward. Commanders will still be able to select and complete Passenger Bulk missions, but will see less excessive credit rewards.

In the meantime, we will be reviewing the Passenger Bulk missions and correct the previously mentioned element – hopefully in time for you to test in the Beyond Chapter One beta.

Thanks to all the players who reported the issue.
    Finally! Thanks for bringing the balance back to the galaxy, FDEV

Hello commanders,

As some of you are aware, Passenger Bulk missions are currently generating extremely high credit rewards that we feel are excessive of what we would consider reasonable and balanced.

After a detailed investigation, we can confirm that this is due to an element in our mission generation algorithm that rewards credits based on the distance of the destination system from the star.

Due to this, we will be disabling (until further notice) the aforementioned element of Passenger Bulk missions to reduce the amount of credits offered as a reward. Commanders will still be able to select and complete Passenger Bulk missions, but will see less excessive credit rewards.

In the meantime, we will be reviewing the Passenger Bulk missions and correct the previously mentioned element – hopefully in time for you to test in the Beyond Chapter One beta.

Is it just me or do you guys sound surprised? Maybe the wording is a bit off, but didn't the reward increase come with one of your patches? Of course it can be adjusted, but keep in mind that those missions should pay off if you fly for almost an hour in a straight line Honestly the board flipping is the actual issue here.

Hello commanders,

That's good, although I'd just like to say that the rewards being based on supercruise distance is a good thing and makes a lot of sense, and should be reintroduced when more balanced. I'd like to see it introduced to other mission types, as well.

Originally Posted by Ambroza View Post (Source)
    That's good, although I'd just like to say that the rewards being based on supercruise distance is a good thing and makes a lot of sense, and should be reintroduced when more balanced. I'd like to see it introduced to other mission types, as well.
    absolutely. the logic is sound, its just the implementation was off.....

(seems to be a common occurrence TBH )

It seems to me like it would be such a simple thing. Like...

SC_DISTANCE_FACTOR=5

Hmmm.... people are making too much.

set SC_DISTANCE_FACTOR=2.5

There we go, let's see how that turns out.

How is it more difficult than that?

Yup, agreed! The idea itself is neat, the payouts were way too high.

Originally Posted by GunnerBill View Post (Source)
    On a lighter note there’s going to be a whole lot of disapointed npc’s who’s travel plans have been borked!
    Can only give virtual rep but this brought a smile to my face.

I was just thinking “Gee, it’s been awhile since FDev botched something up”. Mystery solved. Back to business as usual.

Exactly.

It's not really the missions that are the problem.
    The problem is that mode-flipping allows people to pick 'em up like pebbles on a beach.

And, yeah. It'd be nice if cargo missions, mining and pew-pew also had similar "high-end" activities too.

Originally Posted by GunnerBill View Post (Source)
    Well there it is, strike one for the forum whingers and busybodies!
    Good day to you sir. I represent the association of forum whingers and busybodies. We would like to make this offering of salt as compensation for your troubles.

Originally Posted by vindelanos View Post (Source)
    It seems to me like it would be such a simple thing. Like...

SC_DISTANCE_FACTOR=5

Hmmm.... people are making too much.

set SC_DISTANCE_FACTOR=2.5

There we go, let's see how that turns out.

How is it more difficult than that?
    Far too sensible.

Hello commanders,

And that took you guys 3 months, everyone is rich now, and as usual - nothing will happen afterwards. You can´t take away the credits from the players and you only can pick extreme values from the mission generating system after everything went live and the first players used it. It will be a neverending story.

If loading the ship with econony passengers is paying more than ferrying luxury or first class passengers then something isn’t right. Thanks FD for plugging those hole and hopefully more passenger fixes are incoming for Beyond.