Page 61 of 174 FirstFirst ... 5157585960616263646571 ... LastLast
Results 901 to 915 of 2596

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: Mode switching for missions and Smeaton Orbital [200mill/hour]

  1. #901
    Originally Posted by Will Flanagan View Post (Source)
    we feel are excessive of what we would consider reasonable and balanced.
    Would you care to tell us what you consider reasonable and balanced? (I know you wouldn't, but hey at least I can say I tried)

  2. #902
    Originally Posted by Agony_Aunt View Post (Source)
    Good day to you sir. I represent the association of forum whingers and busybodies. We would like to make this offering of salt as compensation for your troubles.

    http://www.greekboston.com/wp-conten...essolonghi.png
    Why thankyou ms Aunt, I'll be sure to put it to good use, drwoning my sorrows!



    s..p. teh tpyot seemse appropirte <hic>

    ------------------
    Mmmhh looks like I'm drinking alone, the bar at Smeaton O is pretty quite tonight (for some reason).

  3. #903
    OK, I go to work, so I can pay my rent, food, water, electricity and other stuff. Eight to ten hours of my day are work.
    I get home, think for myself "Well, lets make some money in Elite: Dangerous". I pick up passengers, heading for one station, distant from the entry star. I fly there for about an hour (depending on the destination), get interdicted along the way, so I can't do ... my laundry. I let the passengers disembark and get rewarded with a high amount of money. What do I do with the money? I invest into into ships.
    Instead of removing the payouts, you could tie the missionboards to a player. I get the same missionboard in every mode.

    edit_01:
    You (FDev) have made this mistake before. Do you remember when the first AX missles got nerfed? You said, that the Thargoids have adapted. With nerfing the weapon, you reduced their effect on HUMAN ships as well.

  4. #904
    Originally Posted by CMDR labrunning View Post (Source)
    Would you care to tell us what you consider reasonable and balanced? (I know you wouldn't, but hey at least I can say I tried)
    This. How do you want us to “play your way”, FDev?

  5. #905
    Originally Posted by Red Fox Four View Post (Source)


    ...there is this massive loophole in the game, unknown to most players, where you can literally make 200 million per hour. That's literally earning 1 x Stock Anaconda per hour.

    Seriously FDEV, I am positive you know about this loophole and insane cash generation done through exploiting this.

    Why is it allowed to persist in the game?


    It was hardly an "Unknown loophole"

    It was literally in the patch notes for 2.4!

    Originally Posted by Brett C View Post (Source)
    Added support for missions allocating additional rewards based on station distance from the jump-in point

  6. #906
    Originally Posted by Will Flanagan View Post (Source)
    Hello commanders,

    As some of you are aware, Passenger Bulk missions are currently generating extremely high credit rewards that we feel are excessive of what we would consider reasonable and balanced.

    After a detailed investigation, we can confirm that this is due to an element in our mission generation algorithm that rewards credits based on the distance of the destination system from the star.

    Due to this, we will be disabling (until further notice) the aforementioned element of Passenger Bulk missions to reduce the amount of credits offered as a reward. Commanders will still be able to select and complete Passenger Bulk missions, but will see less excessive credit rewards.

    In the meantime, we will be reviewing the Passenger Bulk missions and correct the previously mentioned element – hopefully in time for you to test in the Beyond Chapter One beta.

    Thanks to all the players who reported the issue.
    I thinkk the analysis is a little off. The source of the imbalance was the exploitation of ability to log in and out of the game to select multiple high paying missions.

    A 40 minute SC flight with an interdiction should pay high. Just not 40 X20 high.

    Why not just make those missions have a very high passenger count to basically fill a ship for a trip in a single go?

  7. #907
    Originally Posted by AtomicMegaNerd View Post (Source)
    If loading the ship with econony passengers is paying more than ferrying luxury or first class passengers then something isnít right. Thanks FD for plugging those hole and hopefully more passenger fixes are incoming for Beyond.

    Just a normal real life economy, who do you think pay most taxes? Poor or rich ? It does not matter if 1 guy pays 1 milion $ if one million guys pay 2 $ each

  8. #908
    They need to totally rethink passenger missions. When ships like the Orca and Beluga are actually more profitable than the Python and Anaconda for carrying people around that will be one clue that Frontier are on the right path. Economy passengers should pay a lot less than the higher class passengers. It’s just totally broken that the best way to make money in the game is to load up a ship with nothing but economy passengers. It’s not even interesting and I am sure that wasn’t FD’s intention.

    Again, let’s hope passenger missions actually make sense in the new update!

  9. #909
    Originally Posted by Karamon View Post (Source)
    Just a normal real life economy, who do you think pay most taxes? Poor or rich ? It does not matter if 1 guy pays 1 milion $ if one million guys pay 2 $ each
    If you want to approach this from real life, which do you think offers higher margins? Economy passengers only generate more gross revenue because of the scale. For a single ship or aircraft there is no comparison. The margins on higher classes are way higher!

    Loading an Anaconda chaulk full of economy passengers being able to make more money than a Beluga full of luxury and first class passengers isn’t just unintersting and uninspiring, it is bad for the game.

  10. #910
    Originally Posted by AtomicMegaNerd View Post (Source)
    They need to totally rethink passenger missions. When ships like the Orca and Beluga are actually more profitable than the Python and Anaconda for carrying people around that will be one clue that Frontier are on the right path. Economy passengers should pay a lot less than the higher class passengers. It’s just totally broken that the best way to make money in the game is to load up a ship with nothing but economy passengers. It’s not even interesting and I am sure that wasn’t FD’s intention.

    Again, let’s hope passenger missions actually make sense in the new update!
    Dunno who suggested it but it seems like this would be fairly easy to fix, simply by adding, say, 20% to the value of a passenger mission if it's flown in an SK ship.

  11. #911
    Originally Posted by Will Flanagan View Post (Source)
    Due to this, we will be disabling (until further notice) the aforementioned element of Passenger Bulk missions to reduce the amount of credits offered as a reward. Commanders will still be able to select and complete Passenger Bulk missions, but will see less excessive credit rewards.
    About time - how many billions were earnt using this? Will they be taken back so next time such an issue arises CMDRs have a motivation to report rather than hammer the hell out of it for as long as possible until you act?

  12. #912
    Originally Posted by Stealthie View Post (Source)
    Dunno who suggested it but it seems like this would be fairly easy to fix, simply by adding, say, 20% to the value of a passenger mission if it's flown in an SK ship.
    Yeah something has to give here. This is an area of the game that is pretty much totally broken at this point. This nerf is just a band aid to stop the bleeding. Now they have to fix the root cause. Economy passengers for me should be a stepping stone to the more lucrative higher classed missions, not the end goal.

  13. #913
    i have a question....why gring for the federal corvette or the imperial cutter if i wont have the money to buy and equip them??you seriously dont think i am gonna do 200k missions to gather that money.i am just gonna stop playing.and i bet i am not the only one.i said to myself i will grind to have all the ships and then do some exploringnsome comunity goals and such.i just turned post captain grinding for the Vette.thx for this post ,now i can stop doing those boring boom data deliverie at 2 k cr.have a nice day

  14. #914
    Originally Posted by frostypaw View Post (Source)
    About time - how many billions were earnt using this? Will they be taken back so next time such an issue arises CMDRs have a motivation to report rather than hammer the hell out of it for as long as possible until you act?
    Prolly a million.

  15. #915
    Well it was good while it lasted, so what is the nerfers target next ?