Page 62 of 173 FirstFirst ... 57606162636467 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: Mode switching for missions and Smeaton Orbital [200mill/hour]

Originally Posted by AtomicMegaNerd View Post (Source)
    They need to totally rethink passenger missions. When ships like the Orca and Beluga are actually more profitable than the Python and Anaconda for carrying people around that will be one clue that Frontier are on the right path.
    ...and maybe people demanding Luxury passenger cabins paying for the premium?

Originally Posted by DaggerSnake View Post (Source)
    I thinkk the analysis is a little off. The source of the imbalance was the exploitation of ability to log in and out of the game to select multiple high paying missions.
    Originally Posted by fuub View Post (Source)
    If you investigate even closer, you may conclude that is because of the mode switching exploit instead.
    As pointed out repeatedly in this thread, while Smeaton required mode switching, there were other station pairs where a generic board would have more missions than a ship could practically fit, so you didn't need to.

Originally Posted by Magic Man View Post (Source)
    Ummm, isn't that working exactly as it should? Why else would someone fly a passenger mission that takes forty minutes or so unless it's for the extra money it pays?
    Certainly a mission taking 40 minutes should pay more than a mission taking 5 minutes - no question, and presumably that will be back later once they've fixed the algorithm. But it shouldn't - which it did - pay substantially more than 8 missions each taking 5 minutes pay in total.

The problem may have been the same as the one with the "fast delivery" bonuses - where they're extremely challenging to do if you get them for a station 10Ls out, decently balanced challenges at 100Ls, trivial at 1000Ls, and practically give you more time than the original mission by 10000Ls. (The time limit is linear, but supercruise travel times are most definitely not!)

Originally Posted by frostypaw View Post (Source)
    About time - how many billions were earnt using this? Will they be taken back so next time such an issue arises CMDRs have a motivation to report rather than hammer the hell out of it for as long as possible until you act?
    They can't really do that without removing funds from the other exploits, the most notorious being 17 draconis which made some multi-billionaires.

Originally Posted by frostypaw View Post (Source)
    About time - how many billions were earnt using this? Will they be taken back so next time such an issue arises CMDRs have a motivation to report rather than hammer the hell out of it for as long as possible until you act?
    Just out of curiosity when will you be happy with how other people play Elite? Do you have a figure on how much credits we can have or earn per day?

Originally Posted by optiplex View Post (Source)
    Well it was good while it lasted, so what is the nerfers target next ?
    Well the next time you see a positive thread about someone having actual fun...

Originally Posted by GunnerBill View Post (Source)
    Just out of curiosity when will you be happy with how other people play Elite? Do you have a figure on how much credits we can have or earn per day?

Well the next time you see a positive thread about someone having actual fun...
    You hit the nail on the head there, i would like an answer for that from our resident nerfers as well

This kinda sucks, eta?

Originally Posted by ErikCraven View Post (Source)
    Class 6 is the biggest economy class passenger cabin. The Anaconda can hold the most at 176 Economy class passengers, with up to a 7A shield. You can hold a little more (200 to be precise) with a 4A shield, 208 with no shield.

Even the Beluga falls short of this (184 maximum with no shield).

Actually checking again the Federal Corvette without shields is 212. Just a fraction more.
    The Imperial Cutter is 204 without shields.

Thanks for the info Erik - mind you, who'd fly shieldless in a vette or cutter? :-D

Well it was good while it lasted, so what is the nerfers target next ?
    I'd say Palin's missions, but the Thargoids have apparently taken care of those.

Hmmm... i hear surface scans are producing mega bucks at the moment. FD should look into it.

You hit the nail on the head there, i would like an answer for that from our resident nerfers as well
    Well put both of you.
    Upsilon bulk passanger missions were but a weight laid to balance an incredibly uneven scale.

less money less ships ,less ships less paintjobs sold so yeah ,im not losing.was grinding for the vette.when i saw this thread i stopped instantly and im not about to resume.i mean why grind for a ship i will never be able to afford?because im not gonna do 200 k missions until i get a a rated vette thats for sure.

YOUR SPECIES NEEDS YOU!.

Following an invasion by hostile alien race known as the Thargoids the Pilots Federation is being forced to take a war tax from all its members.

This is for the survival of our species CMDR. As of date X CMDRs will be taxed on their entire assert amount, with the tax thresholds as follows (X million tax free then with I increasing percentage set by The PF (which would be FD)

This would then be tied in with the launch of a new more robust and tightly controlled economy.

(Not saying it SHOULD happen but it's one way FD could get their economy in order )

I can taste the salt from here

Originally Posted by Maka Gucci View Post (Source)
    Well put both of you.
    Upsilon bulk passanger missions were but a weight laid to balance an incredibly uneven scale.
    Couldn't have put it better myself Maka, have some rep!

Originally Posted by Will Flanagan View Post (Source)
    After a detailed investigation, we can confirm that this is due to an element in our mission generation algorithm that rewards credits based on the distance of the destination system from the star.

Due to this, we will be disabling (until further notice) the aforementioned element of Passenger Bulk missions to reduce the amount of credits offered as a reward.
    Uhhhhhhhhh. How much did you look into this issue? Because that'll make ALL transport missions not worthwhile. Shouldn't they be balanced and not overtuned like they are now, nor useless like you intend to 'fix' them into?

If you just doubled the number of passengers per transport mission, the amount of credits you earn per hour doing that would be a more reasonable 40-75mil instead of the 80-150mil it is now. So maybe more than double to bring it to more around the 30-60mil per hour range.
    Increasing the passenger count in transport missions, so it's less CR earned per head, would be just as simple as a change to removing that component of the algo. Except you can do that to make it balanced instead of useless.

There aren't many reasonable ways to earn CR in the game. Sightseeing and cargo transport are probably next after the bulk transports to distant stations. So after this change these two are going to be the only real options?
    Too many of your missions give awful rewards so people do unbareably grindy and unfun things to earn CR instead since that's better than not having CR.

Originally Posted by Karamon View Post (Source)
    Picard would have been better...the Enterprise-D was a Galaxy class starship that was literally made for that purpose. The enterprise and Enterprise-A were not meant to handle that many.

Originally Posted by Maka Gucci View Post (Source)
    Well put both of you.
    Pull the other one.

Sure, if you've only been playing ED for 6 months you might not know any better but the combination of menu-flipping and the payments for long-distance missions weren't any kind of balance for anything.

Page 62 of 173 FirstFirst ... 57606162636467 ... LastLast