Page 59 of 173 FirstFirst ... 54575859606164 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: Mode switching for missions and Smeaton Orbital [200mill/hour]

Whatever damage that could have been done is already done, even before at places like cupinook, robigo and where ever else and what ever form the credit hoses take. Even if this one is done until it gets repaired and missions are completeable again I can wait for the next one to turn up.

But whatever keeps people busy is a good thing I guess. These credit runs have been what brought me back anyways.

2. Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. #872
    Hello commanders,

As some of you are aware, Passenger Bulk missions are currently generating extremely high credit rewards that we feel are excessive of what we would consider reasonable and balanced.

After a detailed investigation, we can confirm that this is due to an element in our mission generation algorithm that rewards credits based on the distance of the destination system from the star.

Due to this, we will be disabling (until further notice) the aforementioned element of Passenger Bulk missions to reduce the amount of credits offered as a reward. Commanders will still be able to select and complete Passenger Bulk missions, but will see less excessive credit rewards.

In the meantime, we will be reviewing the Passenger Bulk missions and correct the previously mentioned element – hopefully in time for you to test in the Beyond Chapter One beta.

Thanks to all the players who reported the issue.

Meltdown in 5....4.....3.....

Thank you for the update. I'm sure there will be a whole slew of comments from salt to praise, good luck.

Well there it is, strike one for the forum whingers and busybodies!

Originally Posted by Will Flanagan View Post (Source)
    Hello commanders,

As some of you are aware, Passenger Bulk missions are currently generating extremely high credit rewards that we feel are excessive of what we would consider reasonable and balanced.

After a detailed investigation, we can confirm that this is due to an element in our mission generation algorithm that rewards credits based on the distance of the destination system from the star.

Due to this, we will be disabling (until further notice) the aforementioned element of Passenger Bulk missions to reduce the amount of credits offered as a reward. Commanders will still be able to select and complete Passenger Bulk missions, but will see less excessive credit rewards.

In the meantime, we will be reviewing the Passenger Bulk missions and correct the previously mentioned element – hopefully in time for you to test in the Beyond Chapter One beta.

Hi

That is interesting, ..... Now if you could just tie the seeds of the missionboard to each server and then have the game auto remove identical missions from the board which are already in the players inventory, then you will be on to something

hopefully the quest for a robust economy will one day be complete.

Thanks for the update

Well, it was an exploit when combined with the game mode switching.

Dunno if they're going to take the cash we generated off us but it did allow me to equip my T-10 enough to take part in the Thargoid Encounters.

On a lighter note there’s going to be a whole lot of disapointed npc’s who’s travel plans have been borked!

Are we sure this is (not) working as intended?

I noticed the missions to Smeaton had dried-up a couple of hours ago but I had a bit of a play with EDDB, picked a system, went there and found a whole heap of even more highly-paid bulk passenger missions available.

I also had a look at the Galnet traffic data and it says that something like 50 Anacondas have been in the system over the last 24 hours.

and FD acts swiftly, 6 months later

If you investigate even closer, you may conclude that is because of the mode switching exploit instead.

Originally Posted by fuub View Post (Source)
    If you investigate even closer, you may conclude that is because of the mode switching exploit instead.
    It's funny 'cos it's true.

Ummm, isn't that working exactly as it should? Why else would someone fly a passenger mission that takes forty minutes or so unless it's for the extra money it pays?

If mode switching is such a problem (and it seems to show up as a core component of every moneymaking activity of the week so far) why do they not just unify the mission board results between modes? I've never got why exactly the station offers you 3 different mission board sets depending on whether you're playing with others or not.

Hello commanders,

Page 59 of 173 FirstFirst ... 54575859606164 ... LastLast