Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: Starports "Under Repair": change to visibility of progress.

Originally Posted by ChrisH View Post (Source)
    Yeah, sounds crazy.

Thought FDev had learnt by now, most players won't do things (fun or otherwise), unless there is tangible (i.e. direct) reward. (And in fact will often do UNfun (aka grindy) things, if they happen to pay very well. So the sensible thing for FDev to do is to make the fun stuff pay well...)
    Or let it burn. If players cant be bothered to fix stuff, then they will have broken stuff. Fine by me. That is what consequences is all about. This 'save the world and become a billionaire' stuff most games have is crap anyway.

Thank you for the info, but where is the information in Galnet that other starports have been attacked again? Not even a word....

Originally Posted by BigF View Post (Source)
    Wait till they lay waste to dozens of stations and everyone ends up doing hauling missions, just to make it so they have some where to land.
    Nah.

What will happen is a Galnet article will go out with Palin going "Wait, you lads needed some resources? Well blimey, why didn't you say so! I just so happen to have a load you can have!" (Or otherwise unstated benefactor). And poof! A load of resource will appear to shore up a larger proportion of the gap.

Though in the server side update notes Frontier post it'll read as:

Adjusted the effectiveness of Gallium, Titanium, Copper, Polymers and Auto-fabricators for construction purposes. They are now 80% more effective at combating Thargoid aftermaths.

I’ve thought that CG, PP and manipulating the BGS are hitting the bottom of most useless, senseless and meaningless kinds of gameplay ever created in game industry but apparently I was wrong. You guys and gals in ED have proved that digging deeper into the ground is possible. Nobody with common sense will put such an effort for something being not part of it. People are playing CGs for the credits not because they do care if the White Knights of HIP 9837428347 will have new outpost or not. How many players are involved in PP except PP weapons nomads? How many player groups are still active and playing the BGS? Take look on statistics and wake up. Please.

Originally Posted by Paige Harvey View Post (Source)
    Good afternoon Commanders,

We’ve received some reports that the Starports “Under Repair” after Thargoid attacks were showing no progress in their restoration, which led players to believe this to be a bug.

I’m pleased to be able to confirm that this is not a bug and that efforts have always been recorded. The percentage shown for Commodities sold at the affected Starports were originally being shown in 10% increments, resulting in the appearance of no progress having been made despite player efforts.

In order to ensure you’re all kept up to date with the current state of the Starport, we have reduced these increments from 10% to 1%, meaning your progress will be easier to track.

For example at The Oracle Starport, “Superconductors” were showing 0% progress. Since the aforementioned change took place, we can now see that 6% of the required “Superconductors” have been delivered! This can also be seen in Indium, Gallium, Copper etc.

We’d like to thank you all for your reports and hope that with your continued support we can get these Starports back up and running at full capacity.

Kind regards,

Paige

https://i.imgur.com/pEnrgRZ.jpg
    Only I care about I saved tons off Alliance people

It's not for the money that's for sure...

It's not the locally sourced goods that I have an issue delivering to the repair efforts but I'm wondering what is going to be done with these:

Code:
    The annoying goods to fix The Oracle:

Natural Fabrics:        251,328  Closest Distance:  218.82ly
    Emergency Power Cells:  555,108  Closest Distance:  303.36ly
    Energy Grid Assembly:   278,115  Closest Distance:  292.27ly
    Power Converter:        252,354  Closest Distance:  376.39ly
    I'm also assuming that local supplies of the other required materials aren't going to dry up quickly as we try to deliver those which is unlikely.

I think the current number of required 728 ton Cutter trips to fix The Oracle currently stands at just about 13500 by adding up the tons needed. However, unless you plan on delivering these long range ones shieldless you're going to need a fuel scoop to haul these 218+ ly routes so less cargo for you so there goes the 728 ton number. Did FDev honestly ever look at where these goods they're asking for had to come from? But hey, at least the profit on the Power Converters will be around 414cr a ton for a whopping profit after travelling 376 ly of about 274k credits if you haul in 664 tons.

But at least once The Oracle is repaired we will once again gain access to something we can't get anywhere else...no wait...there's NOTHING different about these damaged stations that makes them ANY different from the other stations we can visit. They have Aegis labs but Aegis hasn't told us anything about them. Would repairing one station resume research into a certain area? Who knows! Maybe if FDev could kindly toss us a bone and give us REALLY good reasons to fix these stations that'd be great.

Originally Posted by ChrisH View Post (Source)
    Yeah, sounds crazy.

Thought FDev had learnt by now, most players won't do things (fun or otherwise), unless there is tangible (i.e. direct) reward. (And in fact will often do UNfun (aka grindy) things, if they happen to pay very well. So the sensible thing for FDev to do is to make the fun stuff pay well...)
    Alas we live in a world where everything has a price

Originally Posted by bagofholding View Post (Source)
    It's not the locally sourced goods that I have an issue delivering to the repair efforts but I'm wondering what is going to be done with these:

Code:
    The annoying goods to fix The Oracle:

Natural Fabrics:        251,328  Closest Distance:  218.82ly
    Emergency Power Cells:  555,108  Closest Distance:  303.36ly
    Energy Grid Assembly:   278,115  Closest Distance:  292.27ly
    Power Converter:        252,354  Closest Distance:  376.39ly
    I'm also assuming that local supplies of the other required materials aren't going to dry up quickly as we try to deliver those which is unlikely.

I think the current number of required 728 ton Cutter trips to fix The Oracle currently stands at just about 13500 by adding up the tons needed. However, unless you plan on delivering these long range ones shieldless you're going to need a fuel scoop to haul these 218+ ly routes so less cargo for you so there goes the 728 ton number. Did FDev honestly ever look at where these goods they're asking for had to come from? But hey, at least the profit on the Power Converters will be around 414cr a ton for a whopping profit after travelling 376 ly of about 274k credits if you haul in 664 tons.

But at least once The Oracle is repaired we will once again gain access to something we can't get anywhere else...no wait...there's NOTHING different about these damaged stations that makes them ANY different from the other stations we can visit. They have Aegis labs but Aegis hasn't told us anything about them. Would repairing one station resume research into a certain area? Who knows! Maybe if FDev could kindly toss us a bone and give us REALLY good reasons to fix these stations that'd be great.
    ^^^
    This.

+Rep for you, Cmdr.

True words your speaking, 100% agree.

I've been pulling hundreds of tonnes of water purifier in my t-10 to titan's daughter since it went to repair but I never saw any of the numbers go down from day to day. It does make me wonder that is we don't get these stations repaired, then the thargoids move closer and closer into the bubble?

I think we've now got 9 out of 20 AEGIS stations out of action. I'm only speculating here but if all of them are out of action, do we 'loose' and the thargoids attack home worlds?

As far as AEGIS is concerned, I don't think they are INRA 2.0 but the ambiguous nature of 'are the thargoids really the bad guys/ a threat to humanity?' is getting my goat a little. I'm hoping this is cleared up soon, because without that clarity, we'll just have people not help out AEGIS because they think they're just INRA in different clothes and miss out on all the blowing up thargoid gameplay which has been awesome so far.

Originally Posted by Marcus Tullius View Post (Source)
    I’ve thought that CG, PP and manipulating the BGS are hitting the bottom of most useless, senseless and meaningless kinds of gameplay ever created in game industry but apparently I was wrong. You guys and gals in ED have proved that digging deeper into the ground is possible. Nobody with common sense will put such an effort for something being not part of it. People are playing CGs for the credits not because they do care if the White Knights of HIP 9837428347 will have new outpost or not. How many players are involved in PP except PP weapons nomads? How many player groups are still active and playing the BGS? Take look on statistics and wake up. Please.
    Please post your toxic posts elsewhere, like to yourself. Please be constructive with you posts instead of abusive.

Out of curiosity, how do the materials and their quantity needed to repair a station compare to that of building a brand new station? There have been many CGs to build new stations, and it seems it took less materials to build a station from scratch than to repair a mostly viable, albeit damaged, station.

Originally Posted by Old Duck View Post (Source)
    Out of curiosity, how do the materials and their quantity needed to repair a station compare to that of building a brand new station? There have been many CGs to build new stations, and it seems it took less materials to build a station from scratch than to repair a mostly viable, albeit damaged, station.
    This time they will build platforms with AX weapons around the station to be prepared for future visists (uncomfirmed - I just made it up but it would make sense)

Originally Posted by Phoenix_Dfire View Post (Source)
    I've been pulling hundreds of tonnes of water purifier in my t-10 to titan's daughter since it went to repair but I never saw any of the numbers go down from day to day. It does make me wonder that is we don't get these stations repaired, then the thargoids move closer and closer into the bubble?

I think we've now got 9 out of 20 AEGIS stations out of action. I'm only speculating here but if all of them are out of action, do we 'loose' and the thargoids attack home worlds?

As far as AEGIS is concerned, I don't think they are INRA 2.0 but the ambiguous nature of 'are the thargoids really the bad guys/ a threat to humanity?' is getting my goat a little. I'm hoping this is cleared up soon, because without that clarity, we'll just have people not help out AEGIS because they think they're just INRA in different clothes and miss out on all the blowing up thargoid gameplay which has been awesome so far.
    More generally, do we understand the process here or are we still just guessing.

Some stations get attacked. Is this just random (why is it always in groups of three)? Is there cause and effect or do Frontier just make the decision of which stations and when?

What causes a station to switch from attacked state to repair state? Is there cause and effect, is it after a fixed time or do Frontier make the decision? Is it possible for an attacked station to remain in attacked state? If not, unless new stations keep getting attacked (how/when? see previous point) then might we get to a time where there are no longer any attacked stations for players (who haven't yet witnessed this) to see?

What happens if we don't bother contributing to the repair state stations? How much do we care? What's our incentive to repair them?

So many questions. Have I missed a Cannon Science thread with the answers?

It’s going to get interesting when this reaches the bubble. Where’s the list of Agies research stations within the bubble again.

i think their the first to be hit and if their left in disrepair our war with goods is going to go badly. Interesting times.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast