Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Thread: Rescue Operation in HIP 17692

Originally Posted by Flossy View Post (Source)
    I used a Python with 4 Heat Sink Launchers, one on each of 4 Fire Groups. I also had my Collector Limpet Launchers on all 4 Fire Groups. I found that firing off the Collector Limpets as soon as I entered a burning station (Obsidian Orbital) and then the first Heat Sink as the temperature reached a 100% each time, it gave me more than enough time to gather all 30 items (25 of which counted for the CG). Every time the third Heat Sink was used, selected Next Fire Group, working my way through all four. Usually had one or two left in case they were needed on the way out. I think doing the passenger rescue missions a couple of weeks ago helped as I knew what to expect and managed to keep a cool(ish!) head.
    Unlike Ed on today's lunchtime stream then!

Originally Posted by Kietrax View Post (Source)
    Unlike Ed on today's lunchtime stream then!
    Unfortunately I didn't see it - what happened with Ed?

I used a Python with 4 Heat Sink Launchers, one on each of 4 Fire Groups. I also had my Collector Limpet Launchers on all 4 Fire Groups. I found that firing off the Collector Limpets as soon as I entered a burning station (Obsidian Orbital) and then the first Heat Sink as the temperature reached a 100% each time, it gave me more than enough time to gather all 30 items (25 of which counted for the CG). Every time the third Heat Sink was used, selected Next Fire Group, working my way through all four. Usually had one or two left in case they were needed on the way out. I think doing the passenger rescue missions a couple of weeks ago helped as I knew what to expect and managed to keep a cool(ish!) head.
    Exactly my process, even the same ship. I focused on Obsidian, got it down to a routine. After maintenance (and btw TY Cometborne for identifying the new locales!), Malthus presented more limpet-killing debris but let me finish off with a flourish. It was quite an experience.

Aim was always to make 1% of the total contribution, and got there, so \o/ Good job everyone!

Unfortunately I didn't see it - what happened with Ed?
    Collected what he needed for rescue missions, faffed about, didn't listen to the fact he was overheating, then the cargo hatch failed and all the damaged escape pods fell back out into the heat!

Collected what he needed for rescue missions, faffed about, didn't listen to the fact he was overheating, then the cargo hatch failed and all the damaged escape pods fell back out into the heat!
    Ouch!

Not that that didn't happen to me at any point of course......

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910