Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: What book would you like to see made into a film?

Originally Posted by Frank View Post (Source)
    "The Stainless Steel Rat" by Harry Harrison, but this is starting to be a crowded genre what with Valerian and Guardians of the Galaxy

Maybe some real William Gibson would be nice. "Neuromancer", "Count Zero", "Mona Lisa Overdrive"

Greg Egan did an interesting book "Quarantine" where the hero had a device that could pick which universe out of the forever-branching multiverse would become his reality... a kind of luck machine
    The SSR is one of my all time favourite books, I know someone held the rights to the film for a period of time and never did anything about it. Would love a film of Jim DiGriz one day

Bit of Info https://www.quora.com/Who-owns-the-f...less-Steel-Rat

Red Mars by Kim Stanley Robinson.

I think that is the coolest fictional account of early Martian colonization I've ever read.

Not so much a book, but how about a film starring The Giles Family?

I'd love to see the Dominic Flandry series become a movie series, starting with Ensign Flandry.

Now, to be clear, most books I think are best made as close to written as possible, and I typically don't like modern Hollywood fare, most of it is overwhelmingly over the top for me, but... the Flandry series is one that might be better if they departed somewhat from the books and better if they went Hollywood (not to) over the top...

For anyone who doesn't know, Dominic Flandry was, basically, James Bond in Space, two years before there was a James Bond...

Originally Posted by MottiKhan View Post (Source)
    Old Man's War. It would translate nicely into a movie as long as Hollywood found a way to do it right.
    Netflix are on it, Scalzi tweeted about it a few months back

More from the Master and commander series.

Originally Posted by Vistitor010100 View Post (Source)
    More from the Master and commander series.
    Oh yes, I love the one movie that we have now and would gladly see many many more - if only made in the same spirit. Most naval action movies from the era of big sail ships sucks (Pirates of the Caribbean yuck).

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234