Page 19 of 32 FirstFirst ... 14171819202124 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: Elite Dangerous: Beyond - Chapter One Beta Announcement

And let me don the ginger wig and ask the devs to give a substantial glance at Powerplay.

Originally Posted by Rubbernuke View Post (Source)
    And let me don the ginger wig and ask the devs to give a substantial glance at Powerplay.
    What is wrong with gingers, eh ?

Originally Posted by vindelanos View Post (Source)
    You mean... like any medium ship?

Look, our target audience is both men and women ages 0 and up.

4. This is the last staff post in this thread. #274
    Originally Posted by Han Zulu View Post (Source)
    Question for you: I'm currently out in deep space, some 22,000 LY from Sol. Will this beta be like the other ones where anything that happens in beta stays in beta? Because, if so, I can just self-destruct in the beta and quickly come back home instead of making 500 jumps, while my exploring ship will still be out here in space in the live version. Right? (Hope the question made sense, still working on my first cup of coffee)
    Hi Han Zulu, don't worry, the question makes sense.

To answer your question: yes, what happens in beta stays in beta. So, in the beta, if you want to antagonise Thargoids and get yourself blown up... then go ahead! Your progress in the 'live' servers won't be affected.

Beta time is crazy time. Its like the film The Purge but with fish.

I shall find out in 13 days if my video card will be able to handle the new planet graphicials at 60fps. If the Vulcan's where in the Elite universe, we could of asked them to use their Vulkan API.

On a more serious note, I am looking forward to the open beta.

Originally Posted by Rubbernuke View Post (Source)
    Beta time is crazy time. Its like the film The Purge but with fish.
    I'll probably spend most of the beta looking at planet surfaces, LOL. It will be interesting looking at pics I have of a few planets from pre 2.2, then post 2.2, and then Q1 Beyond, to see how they compare.

I wish the beta was starting this weekend....

Originally Posted by Brett C View Post (Source)
    Open Betas tend to not have an NDA due to their openness.
    Open beta just means that it's open to all to participate. You can and should still consider an NDA so people don't spoil it for others. I for one am planning to participate in the beta, not least because I can't stand the beige any longer and need a change otherwise I will lose the will to log on...

It's a shame Bill Turner does not give the blueprints and the rusty Turner class ship in his workshop to Lakon, so they can design a Turner Mk-II ship.

Originally Posted by Mengy View Post (Source)
    I'll probably spend most of the beta looking at planet surfaces, LOL. It will be interesting looking at pics I have of a few planets from pre 2.2, then post 2.2, and then Q1 Beyond, to see how they compare.

I wish the beta was starting this weekend....
    13 days is going to crawl by- I'm looking forward to next week though, as lots of livestreams as we all collapse towards the Hype singularity.

WHAT! January! Everyone said It's not meant to be out until the end of March. Thanks ED you have just ruined 3 months of quality moaning. What am I meant to moan about now?

Originally Posted by Ryder35 View Post (Source)
    WHAT! January! Everyone said It's not meant to be out until the end of March. Thanks ED you have just ruined 3 months of quality moaning. What am I meant to moan about now?
    Read the OP again, watch the video .. I'm sure you'll find something.

This is good news, indeed!

Thank you!

Originally Posted by fuub View Post (Source)
    "overhaul of mission rewards"

could it be? Did FD finally woke up and is actually gonna fix the biggest problem of the game - the frustrating rewards of the majority of missions?
    I completely agree with you - I've been very frustrated by the unbalanced mission rewards and the fact that they pay ludicrous rewards for trivial tasks, whilst making the commodities market pretty irrelevant, for a long while now. Hopefully Beyond nerfs the crud out of missions across the board.

*Edit* And on a more positive note - really looking forward to the universe getting less beige. Or at least 50 shades of beige.

Originally Posted by Notys View Post (Source)
    Ну нифигаес, мыж еще из под барной стойки не выоплсзли, зачем обновы так рано кидать? :3
    I know right.

Page 19 of 32 FirstFirst ... 14171819202124 ... LastLast