Page 23 of 26 FirstFirst ... 131920212223242526 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: Elite Dangerous: Beyond - Chapter One Beta Announcement

I was expecting this in, like, March. Way to go FD! I might actually try the beta this time.

Originally Posted by Mengy View Post (Source)
    Yep, we explorers have to wait longer yet unfortunately. Even with all of the great Beyond news we’ve gotten over the past few months, the fact that the exploration improvements are still a year away has been terribly saddening. However, at least exploration development is FINALLY on the table. We only had to wait four years to get noticed!!!!!

Honestly though the cure for beige should keep me more than satisfied during the wait. Update 2.2 all but killed my will to explore with how the planets were ruined, and I’m hoping the Q1 update turns my apathy into excitement once again. Colorful planets are what I’m looking most forward to testing and exploring in two weeks, and once the beta is open I probably won’t be playing the main game AT ALL until the Q1 patch goes live.

The Chieftain worries me though. I love the look of the ship, but I fear it will just be another combat focused ship. We have so many combat ships, I’d really love to see the Cheiftain fill some other niche too. For example, make it a nice competitor for the Python with regards to cargo capacity, or give it an Anaconda jump range to allow explorers to fly the ship. My fear is that the Cheiftain will only be useful for blowing stuff up, but I’m hoping I’m very wrong because I’d love to fly it for non combat stuff too.

Can it be January 25th already?
    My hope is that they're holding off until Q4 because the exploration update is going to be *so* huge.....if not a total redesign from the ground up.

Wow, this is much earlier than I expected. Looking forward to it!

Okay - bonus points for early beta - I guess there is a lot to check so I expect its gonna be a looooooooonnnnnnnnngg one. The release video is poor though so minus points on that. It showed the chieftain....what about the rest? Galent audio? New Planets? new Trade data? okay okay, core stuff shard to show improvement son but really - not even a peek, or a listen?

squib

I remain hopeful though I know the odds are slim that some form of balance will return to the game's combat, mostly related to Engineers. However as much as I read this post and feel all excited...tbh I can't help but expect to be crushingly disappointed. Please don't make it worse. Please just nerf the combat based engineers instead of adding more RNG and/or grind to it.

Originally Posted by Marc_Hicks View Post (Source)
    My hope is that they're holding off until Q4 because the exploration update is going to be *so* huge.....if not a total redesign from the ground up.
    Yes, that is my dearest of hopes as well.

Yeah, Baby YEAH! I'm getting a chubby . . . o7

Wow, much sooner than thought. Looking forward to it. Hopefully some added depth to the gameplay, there's only so many identikit surface scans I can face .

YES GREAT JOB !

I can't wait to test it ^^

Chieftain: size medium or large ? please will you spoil us !

I'm a bit late to this party because I was out last night, so wow, what an awesome thing to read over my morning coffee.

I wasn't expecting a beta so quickly and the changes outlined in the OP look great. I can't wait.

Thank you Frontier!

Originally Posted by sedilbur View Post (Source)
    YES GREAT JOB !

I can't wait to test it ^^

Chieftain: size medium or large ? please will you spoil us !
    Medium

Originally Posted by ebbrell View Post (Source)
    Medium
    And hopeully a Python slayer.

Originally Posted by Tom Jacobs View Post (Source)
    Only thing I'm looking forward to is improved game mechanics en planets.
    This. I honestly can´t understand (mature) player who are getting hyped about more ships. Since they don´t change the way you play by much.

Originally Posted by Spacecat View Post (Source)
    I was expecting this in, like, March. Way to go FD! I might actually try the beta this time.
    I really hope the try to gather feedback as early as possible in order to launch as smooth as possible .

Cool news, i have a hope you will close a money exploits before bringing new trading or mission system, because now, there is no logical reason to do something different than passenger exploit and 500mln/hour.

Page 23 of 26 FirstFirst ... 131920212223242526 LastLast