Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Beyond beta announced!!

Originally Posted by verminstar View Post (Source)
    Cool, cant wait fer the xbone beta...no wait thats not right...

Add on another 2/3 weeks of spit and polish and one might be tempted to suggest end of feb as a potential release date. Had to steady meself against the wall when I realized they might actually get this one out the door on time fer once...they outta the comfort zone now prepare thyselves fer the festival of salt that will surely follow ^
    Just be prepared for the Centurion to be permit locked since FDev can't rank lock it with it being an Alliance boat... know what I'm sayin'?
    It's Sandy Samarco, so there's simply got to be some pew, one armed bandit RNG or some sort of pointless hoop jumping for anything added to E-D.

Either the permit lock thing....or it'll take a pewfest community goal with required visits to 5 engineers and a trip to Colonia flying only in reverse with a Sidewinder to unlock it after the beta is done...I've tried to pre-empt some of that by getting all cosy with the Alliance recently via the mission boards and unlocking the Alioth system permit

Didn't Phekda used to be permit locked too at one time in the dark days of yore? I'm sure I had to unlock it when I tried Power play and pledged for the Alliance years ago...

I can't wait for the improvements to planets! I'm also gonna try my best to not look at any spoilers from the beta for the first time.

Originally Posted by Mole HD View Post (Source)
    Just be prepared for the Centurion to be permit locked since FDev can't rank lock it with it being an Alliance boat... know what I'm sayin'?
    It's Sandy Samarco, so there's simply got to be some pew, one armed bandit RNG or some sort of pointless hoop jumping for anything added to E-D.

Either the permit lock thing....or it'll take a pewfest community goal with required visits to 5 engineers and a trip to Colonia flying only in reverse with a Sidewinder to unlock it after the beta is done...I've tried to pre-empt some of that by getting all cosy with the Alliance recently via the mission boards and unlocking the Alioth system permit

Didn't Phekda used to be permit locked too at one time in the dark days of yore? I'm sure I had to unlock it when I tried Power play and pledged for the Alliance years ago...
    It is definitely going to be interesting to see how they handle access to the Centurion.
    I personally think that all combat variant ships should have been rank locked behind the Pilots Federation ranks, not tied to meaningless military mechanics.
    With a civilian variant that anyone can buy that is capped, less hard points etc.
    The progression through the ranks to Elite is the only progression in game that really carries any weight and can't be fast tracked, that is where the rewards for effort should lie.

Originally Posted by Mole HD View Post (Source)

Ive been reading up on what they are proposing with engineers...cant say Im overly impressed or tempted to stop ignoring them. Need to find out exactly how the material transfer market works as that is the main sticking point fer me.

Because Ive ignored them fer so long, my materials storage is literally bursting with stuff that many on this forum cry about being near impossible to find...and they all but useless junk to me because I will never use them. Even were I to start using engineers, I still wouldnt use them because as an explorer, Im seeking to upgrade very specific modules...the ones I dont have materials for.

I dont even know what a wake scanner looks like let alone how to use one and have zero interest in learning because its not what I came to this game to do. Feels like Im being railroaded and thats why Ive ignored them entirely because I find that gameplay to be asinine.

Material market could be the answer, but from reading into it, I gotta say, my hopes are fading fast. Its my understanding these changes were done because of the low player uptake which is disheartening fer frontier apparently...and yet I see very little in the proposed changes that will tempt me to try them. My hopes rested on the materials market but now, not so much.

So its beginning to look like frontier fails again to inspire those of us who play the game without engineers...which is a sugar coated way of telling Sandro to go back to his proverbial drawing board because the current changes simply arent enough.

Time will tell the tale ^

Originally Posted by nathanc213 View Post (Source)
    Sea of thieves starts the 24th.

Im quite surprised about the beyond beta, i wasn't expecting it this soon.
    I'm also part of the Sea Of Thieves beta. We should get an Elite Dangerous crew formed!

I'll be right here, lurking.

I am always excited to have updates to this great game, I can only imagine how much time the devs have put in to get to this point. Looking forward to many of the changes that are coming, Rep to the Developers

If the beta is pc only why is it in the console forum? The mystery continues

Originally Posted by Batterby76 View Post (Source)
    Because we want to be involved any way we can!

Class it as free information. I'll be testing as I'm lucky enough to have it on PC and xbox.

I just thought I'd let everyone here know about it since it is pretty significant game news.

It'll be great to see what out of these improvements they bring to xbox.

Originally Posted by Lave1990 View Post (Source)
    It'll be great to see what out of these improvements they bring to xbox.
    It'll be the same as it has been from the beginning...all of them

Originally Posted by nathanc213 View Post (Source)
    Sea of thieves starts the 24th.

Im quite surprised about the beyond beta, i wasn't expecting it this soon.
    Oh yea it is 24th, misread that email then, bonus

Time for me to reinstall the beta client on my PC.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast