Page 46 of 47 First 4244454647 Last

Thread: Operation IDA - Repairing our Foundation

I missed that! Thanks for the heads up

Emergency alert:

This morning It has been confirmed that The Thargoids have infested Pleiades Sector HR-W d1-41. This is our Home System where Malthus Terminal resides.

We call on all available pilots who can assist us in preventing Incursion and the destruction of Malthus yet again.

Last week on the heels of our achievements after The Holiday haul ended, we were immediately thrust into the task of defending not just our sister system in Celaeno but Atlas and Pleione as well.

Pleione had issues with numerous empty NHSS instances and was incredibly difficult to get the numbers we needed. Yet we fought non stop until the servers came down.
    Our efforts were not in vain as Pleione was successfully rid of infestation along with Celaeno and Atlas earlier in the week.

But we have no room to breathe as the assault continues and we're forced to fight for our home and still haul commodities to Cleaver Prospect.

o7 CMDR's

Originally Posted by CMDR ZaynTill View Post (Source)
    Emergency alert:

This morning It has been confirmed that The Thargoids have infested Pleiades Sector HR-W d1-41. This is our Home System where Malthus Terminal resides.

We call on all available pilots who can assist us in preventing Incursion and the destruction of Malthus yet again.

Last week on the heels of our achievements after The Holiday haul ended, we were immediately thrust into the task of defending not just our sister system in Celaeno but Atlas and Pleione as well.

Pleione had issues with numerous empty NHSS instances and was incredibly difficult to get the numbers we needed. Yet we fought non stop until the servers came down.
    Our efforts were not in vain as Pleione was successfully rid of infestation along with Celaeno and Atlas earlier in the week.

But we have no room to breathe as the assault continues and we're forced to fight for our home and still haul commodities to Cleaver Prospect.

o7 CMDR's
    Dang, I just discovered a planet with 46 geolocial sites I wanted to explore get a ton of mats from...
    On my way with my AX Cutter to kick some 'Goid chewing appendixes in...
    Thankfully I was out only about 300 LY.

For Malthus!

Will be omw with my newly kitted AX ship, should be there tonight, mind you it's only a Python.

Didn't get there last night, had to do a few more mods, done them now, so I will be heading there tonight!

I assume it still needs defending? I looked on the galmap states, & it was blank so I assume that means it is in the (unrecognised) infested state?
    Whose there btw? (my cmdr name in sig, partially ).

As of this mornings daily BGS tic, Our home system of Pleiades Sector HR-W d1-41 (Malthus Terminal) is NO LONGER infested!

Thanks to all of our own pilots as well as the support of HAAX, Sirius Inc, The Silverbacks & others who unflinchingly fought the Thargoid threat to avoid incursion while the rest of IDA's remarkable roster continued to Haul commodities to Cleaver Prospect.

By our own numbers on the Spreadsheet we had well over 2600 kills which is an amazing number in only 3 days. Undoubtedly more attacks & infestation in The Pleiades will occur next week but for now, we have a respite & as CMDR Ninj said earlier:

"Well done everyone for a great response!"

o7 CMDR's!

Great to hear!

Helped kill a few cyclops myself, with the help of a couple of AXI guys of course!

Yeah, a special thanks to the fantastic support of all AX pilots who helped us there. Much appreciated. It was an honor meeting you.

o7

Originally Posted by Bigmaec View Post (Source)
    Yeah, a special thanks to the fantastic support of all AX pilots who helped us there. Much appreciated. It was an honor meeting you.

o7
    My pleasure!

It would be nice if they actually upped the payouts for delivering supplies to damaged stations. As is, most of the player base doesn't care because its not worth the effort to fly the long distances to help repair the stations and some of the required repair commodities barely give you profit. For example at Weil Station CMM composites are selling for 6,817 but the average buy price is 5,899. 1k/ton profit compared to farming $100mil/hour in a mining ring.

Just saying. Void opals are selling for 1.6M each but helping save a station attacked by an alien invasion gives scraps for a good portion of the needed mats. Not saying it needs to be void opal level but 30K+ would be nice. I know its not supposed to be about the money but considering thats what a good chunk of the gameplay dynamic in this game is based around, its definitely got to be a bigger factor, especially since so many players only care about money.

That said, I'm trying to do my part but it really seems like a very small minority of the community participates in the effort. I guess it will start to matter once a good chunk of the active community is gone to the other side of the galaxy and half the bubble is in incursion.

~900cr/t is actually pretty good profit by station repair standards! Lol, with some commodities it sometimes drops to near zero, or less & you end up making a loss!
    Not saying you're wrong btw, you're right!

Eagle Eye Network Update Feb 15

Once again our sister system of Celaeno has been targeted as has our neighbor systems of Atlas (both which we defended 3 weeks ago) and Asterope(which while not defended, never did go into incursion possibly due to the BGS bugs plaguing the system).

The mouseover bug is still in effect giving the situation the usual frustration level.
    This time however we can expect little support from the large combat groups or bubble based combat pilots who are all engaged in the 6 bubble based incursion systems fighting in the AX-CZs although AXI has pledged to help to a degree. (Thank you AXI).

This is all on us & our Pleiadian Neighbors.
    If you are able, please consider once again supporting the defense effort. Losing Artemis Lodge & Atlas would be detrimental to our efforts.

o7 CMDRs

Complete list of what’s targeted.
    Mouseover bug still in effect.

EE1 Celaeno
    EE2 Atlas

EE3 Asterope
    EE4 Apishna
    EE5 GQ Virginis
    EE6 HIP 24046

I'm a (green) AXI pilot, but not in the squad, but I was part of IDA 1st, so I'm going to pull out of HIP 23395 & head back to the Pleiades.
    The question is, which system should we protect 1st?

How often is the Thargoid Activity Report updated in Galnet? Could we target 1 system & then check that report to see how we're doing prior to Thargsday?

Check this thread on the Bug report forum.

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showth...r-to-incursion

currently, infestation which used to show as such when mousing over an infested system in the Galmap and consequently would show as non infested if successfully defended from Incursion the next day or so etc, is no longer working.

Currently we're focusing on Celaeno with the intent to then move to Atlas to assist. Our neighbors in the Pleiades are helping in both systems as well. It's a tall order however.

o7 CMDR's