Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 123458 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: Content Recap - Beyond Chapter One Livestream (16.01.2018) - Part 1 Recap

Nice recap, thanks!

Originally Posted by operant View Post (Source)
    I was thinking of the case, which has happened several times, were I am already firing and a npc simply flies in from the side across the beams and is destroyed - due to already being low on health, I imagine - rather than simply hit. Not reckless. Not under my control. Not my fault. Unavoidable.
    Wasn't it mentioned that the tolerance for friendly fire will be upped a bit too?

Originally Posted by Willa Allason View Post (Source)
    I am thinking: switch to a clean Sidewinder after a long day of ganking noobs, and get your mates to blow you up until your notoriety is gone?
    Originally Posted by Valethar View Post (Source)
    I don't think it's a kibitz at all. It's a legitimate concern that needed to be raised.

After all, we know that happy little puppies with a penchant for cheating will certainly take advantage of this should the opportunity arise to do so.
    The way I understood it (based on the stream and this recap) is that it will depend whether you were "brought to justice" or not, which I interpreted as being synonymous with being sent to a detention centre. So that gives two scenarios here:
    1 - You get blown up in your cheap Sidewinder. In this case you don't have a bunch of crimes attached to that ship, so there's no punishment, and no drop in notoriety.
    2 - You get blown up (by your mates) in your expensive murder Corvette. In this case, have your mates really done you a favour? You'll get a drop in notoriety, sure, but you'll also have a big rebuy cost, a trip to a detention centre, and you'll be forced to pay all of your bounties. Oh, and your mate also gets to pay for some of your rebuy cost too, as a little thank you for the "favour". Not exactly motivational.

I guess FD need to consider what happens if you're blown up in a cheap Sidewinder that has a *small* amount of crime attached (relative to your other fleet of expensive murder ships). In this case, I'd *hope* that your notoriety value is also only reduced by a small amount. Otherwise, yeah, there's a potential loophole there.

Honestly, suicide ramming trolls can be avoided by simply not speeding and watching smugly as they explode on your hull. Speeding Kills, people.
    That does not even work. I was not speeding (in maia) at Ob Orbital and he just rams me flies off and rams me again and then starts shooting me. of course im in my Super hulled Type-10 so it got me down to 30% before I landed but the station did not do anything until after he took me down to 30%. If i was a smaller ship i would of been dead

So, with wing missions, can you confirm or deny the following?

A single CMDR can be the holder of only one wing mission at any given time?

A single CMDR can be the holder of multiple wing missions, but may only wing-share one at a time?

Originally Posted by vindelanos View Post (Source)

A single CMDR can be the holder of multiple wing missions, but may only wing-share one at a time?
    A CMDR without a wing can own the mission. you can have as many missions as you can stack iirc.

6. Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. #36
    Originally Posted by vindelanos View Post (Source)

Hi there,

Subject to change, as all things are, but currently B.

Thanks,
    Dom

Originally Posted by Dominic Corner View Post (Source)
    Hi there,

Subject to change, as all things are, but currently B.

Thanks,
    Dom
    Awesome. Thanks, Dom.

Some minor, but nevertheless important points about the ATR.

- I like the designation ATR. Sandro mentioned some fancy names per faction for the ATR, but I think ATR (Advanced Tactical Response) as such is a very strong name. Don't change it. Just call them Imperial, Federal, Alliance, Independent ATR respectively.

- Please make the ATR ships look special. Give them cool imposing, unique paint jobs. Jetblack with a few blood red stripes for example. Or when imperial: white with blood red stripes. Or when alliance perhaps dark blue with red stripes. Or grey with red stripes for independent. And let them have a unique ATR decal.

- You might also add some special ATR stations. They could be unique outpost sized fortresses, heavily armed. Make ATR a thing. Really integrate them into the ED universe. Do not just let them be some kind of out of the blue Deus Ex Machina.

- Make it possible for those who are not criminally inclined to catch glimpses of an ATR patrol near stations, or when they enter or exit stations etc. Just for effect, atmosphere... world building.

Originally Posted by Will Flanagan View Post (Source)
    Miscellaneous Changes
    • Kill Warrant Scanner will reveal the single largest bounty.
    Can someone explain why is that? ... Isn't the point of KWS to 'reveal' ALL sins of particular NPC or CMDR across all jurisdictions in the bubble and potentially get a huge variable list of bounties when criminal is destroyed?

What happens if a criminal in a detention centre does not have enough money to pay off the required fines?

What happens if a criminal in a detention centre does not have enough money to pay off the required fines?
    They throw away the key.

the thing with the wing missions:

how does that work - one takes the mission and shares it.
    1. he is the only one with the power to prematurely end the mission
    - > he can screw up his whole wing missclicking that button
    2. there is no way for the other wingmates to still deliver the cargo before they get fined? i would expect that they get a grace peroid and still get a fraction of the mission reward
    3. there was no mention on how multicrew will play into this...

Originally Posted by encrypted View Post (Source)
    Can someone explain why is that? ... Isn't the point of KWS to 'reveal' ALL sins of particular NPC or CMDR across all jurisdictions in the bubble and potentially get a huge variable list of bounties when criminal is destroyed?
    I don't get that either.
    It worries me.
    If the KWS no longer reveals the sum total of all bounties on a target then the device will become much less attractive to use.
    I personally would seriously consider not using it at all anymore.

Originally Posted by Iskariot View Post (Source)
    I don't get that either.
    It worries me.
    If the KWS no longer reveals the sum total of all bounties on a target then the device will become much less attractive to use.
    I personally would seriously consider not using it at all anymore.
    thats a strange rule and should be explained. its probably from the focused feedback...
    or maybe something to prevent a comeback of the gold-farmer system that was the reason for major faction bounties beeing removed.

Thank you for the livestream - I like the sound of all the changes you spoke of. The Wing Missions and choice of rewards are excellent advances - is the plan for all missions to eventually operate via the "wing mission" interface? There doesn't really seem to be any need to differentiate between "single player" and "wing" missions in the long run.

It would be nice if each wing member could independently choose when they terminate the mission. That way if you are part-way through, and somebody needs to leave due to some real-life commitment, that person can choose to terminate the mission at that point, accepting a partial reward and dropping out of the wing mission. Other wing members can continue to fulfil the mission contract and end up with higher rewards. That would also avoid the issue of the mission owner terminating the mission and leaving you with stolen cargo aboard.

Also, it would be nice if missions with a deadline did not just terminate when that deadline passes - you should still be able to deliver your cargo after the deadline, rather than it becoming stolen. Instead, the mission reward could just become locked at whatever partial level was achieved at the point the deadline was reached, or (even more interestingly) the mission payout total could gradually decline the further past the deadline you go - leading to an interesting tradeoff calculation for players: iterminate the mission sooner, or try to deliver more?

Very excited for the beta - I might actually try to be a pirate for once!

Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 123458 ... LastLast