Page 1 of 20 1236 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 291

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: Content Recap - Beyond Chapter One Livestream (16.01.2018) - Part 1 Recap

  1. Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. #1

    Content Recap - Beyond Chapter One Livestream (16.01.2018) - Part 1 Recap

    Hi commanders,

    If you missed tonight's content reveal livestream or just wanted a recap of all the content discussed, read the notes below from Sandro Sammarco, Lead Designer, and Adam Bourke-Waite, Senior Designer:

    Please note this is part one of three livestreams, for more details click here.

    CRIME AND PUNISHMENT

    Another one of the changes coming to this Chapter is the revisions to Crime and Punishment, introducing crimes attached to ships, bounty changes and detention centers. More details can be found below:

    'Hot' Ships

    • Crimes are attached to ships which cause them to become 'hot.'
    • Ships that are 'hot' have to connect to Starport services anonymously which limits their access to certain services.
    • Fines can be paid off at security contacts, but Bounties must be paid off using the Interstellar Factors.


    Why we are making these changes:

    • Attaching crimes to ships allows provides more options for criminals. They can swap and store hot ships to avoid being wanted, but at reasonable cost (...which is that they’re not using the hot ship).
    • It also neatly closes off loopholes where Commanders would switch to cheap or free ships before allowing themselves to be detected and possibly destroyed.
    • This flexibility allows us to safely increase consequences for criminals: if the criminal continues to use a hot ship they may have to travel farther to find the port services they need.


    Bounties and Notoriety

    • Fines no longer mature into bounties.
    • Bounties are no longer dormant.
    • Murder bounties are being revamped to include the following:
      • A fraction of the perpetrator’s rebuy cost.
      • A fraction of the victim’s rebuy cost.

    • Commanders will have a 'Notoriety' level:
      • It increases with each murder crime
      • It increases the rebuy cost fractions for both perp and victim
      • The victim’s rebuy cost is reduced by this amount
      • It decreases when a Commander is brought to justice.

    • We are introducing 'Power bounties,' which only apply to 'Power' crimes
      • Power bounties replace normal crimes for Power activities
      • Power bounties can only be seen and claimed by appropriately pledged ships
      • Power bounties do not follow the crime flow

      Why we are making these changes:
    • A reduction in crime states helps increase legibility.
    • We felt the bounties for murder, in general, were a little too low.
    • We feel its fairer that the perpetrator should shoulder some of the victim’s debt.
    • Notoriety ensures that some of the risks of crime cannot simply be shaken off by changing one's ship.
    • Power bounties allow us to have consensual PvP without unduly punishing those involved.


    Interstellar Bounties

    • Superpowers will issue Interstellar bounties against Commanders that continually transgress against factions aligned with them.
    • An Interstellar bounty is issued once the credit value for all appropriate bounties and fines breaches a certain threshold.
    • Interstellar bounties are valid in every jurisdiction controlled by a faction aligned with the superpower.


    Why we are making these changes:

    • We used to have these interstellar bounties in early Elite Dangerous and believe they add another level of consequences for serial criminals and help demarcate the superpower’s areas of influence.


    ATR

    • When criminals repeatedly commit crimes in sucession, they will eventually draw the attention of special authority ships: the Advanced Tactical Response.
    • These are powerful enough to pose a real threat to any ships Commanders have, though they will not insta-kill you.


    Why we are making these changes:

    • The ATR exist to prevent commanders from operating above the law and act as a soft cap on criminal activities.


    Detention Centres and Respawning

    • When a criminal is detected and destroyed they respawn at the nearest appropriate 'Detention Centre.'
    • At a detention centre a Commander must pay for crimes committed in the jurisdiction where they were destroyed.
    • Leaving a detention centre a Commander is safe from other Commanders until engage their FSD.
    • There are Superpower detention centres for Commanders with Interstellar bounties.
    • Ships that are destroyed unrelated to crime will respawn at the nearest and safest Starport in the system if possible, reverting to the last port docked if not.


    Why we are making these changes:

    • This change allows us to guarantee that when the authorities or bounty hunters are successful, the criminal must pay for their crimes.
    • The concept of respawning at ports within a system is less punishing and more contextually sound.


    Miscellaneous Changes

    • Kill Warrant Scanner will reveal the single largest bounty.


    For more details about Crime and Punishment revisions, check here: https://gaming.youtube.com/watch?t=742&v=4ocPr8DlBQs

    WING MISSIONS

    One of the new additions to Elite Dangerous in Chapter One of the Beyond updates is the introduction of wing missions. These are missions designed to be shared by up to four players. It’s one of the most requested mission features and we are excited to take out first steps into multiplayer missions.

    On the stream tonight we showcased one of the wing missions players will be able to test in the beta: a wing delivery mission. This mission requires the player, and his wingmates, to deliver a large quantity of cargo units from one station to another.

    • In order to accept the mission, one member of the wing needs to access the mission board and select a wing mission, which are denoted by a special icon.
    • Once accepted, the player who took the mission can share it by clicking the share button on the mission’s entry, located in the 'Transactions' panel. Doing so sends the player's wingmates an inbox message and adds the mission to their own Transactions panel.
    • The wingmates can choose to then either accept or decline the mission invite in the Transactions panel.
    • Important to note: each player can only share one mission at a time, this means that with a maximum of four players in a wing, players can be part of up to a maximum of four active wing missions at any given time.

    In the case of a wing delivery mission, players will be charged with transporting large quantities of goods from point A to point B. Previously, when taking a delivery mission, all the cargo would be placed into the player’s hold for them to deliver. However, as we are now dealing with larger quantities and missions involving multiple players, this added a new development challenge; we needed to add a way for players to collect and deliver part of the mission’s total required cargo. In order to facilitate this, we introduced the 'mission depot,' which allows members of a wing to collect and deliver any amount of cargo that they require for the mission.

    The mission is completed when all the cargo has been delivered and each member of the wing is then able to collect their rewards.
    • All players who are members of the wing at the point that the mission is completed are eligible for the mission rewards.
    • Every member of the wing receives the same reward choices for completing the mission.
    • Wing missions are also using the new mission reward system, which provides players with three different, and roughly equivalent, reward packages allowing each player to choose which set of rewards they wish to claim. One of these reward packages will always be a credit based reward package.


    For more details about Wing Missions, check here: https://gaming.youtube.com/watch?t=2807&v=4ocPr8DlBQs

  2. Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. #2
    We'd also like to thank everyone for their questions during the stream, and we've included all the questions which we could answer in regard to the content covered in the Part 1 livestream.

    A big thanks to the team for providing these insights!

    CRIME AND PUNISHMENT

    How does this affect pirates and what’s the point of being a pirate?
    The cost of piracy and smuggling are not increasing substantially, only the 'murder' crime is being boosted.
    We have also added the megaship interactions that will offer new gameplay options for pirates. You can read about new megaship interactions here or watch the livestream here to find out more.



    Can markets be updated to attract people to anarchy systems for bigger profits, encouraging more risk for everyone involved?
    This already happens, to a degree, but we will look into increasing this.


    What is going to happen to things like smuggling, spec-ops, pirating, and anything else that gives you bounties? Are we going to have a viable 'pirate route' for credits and reputation?
    The crime segment of this update is focusing on ensuring consequences for crime are appropriate. In addition, having crimes attached to ships gives you more options when deciding how to deal with your criminal status.


    If one CMDR pirates another CMDR with limpets (not even shooting them) will they now suffer under the new mechanic? Are they going to lose access to Starport services as well?
    Strictly regarding piracy, they will not suffer any more than they do now. Black markets are always available at ports, even when with anonymous access.


    Are services restricted in Anarchy Starports?
    Services are restricted at ports located in jurisdictions where your ship is wanted. Anarchy jurisdictions recognize no crimes, so will never be restricted. No authority ships, including ATR, are available in Anarchy jurisdictions.


    How do these changes work for PVE?
    The changes to the crime system apply to PvE and PvP equally.


    How will these changes affect accidental fire charges?
    The threshold for accidental fire becoming a crime is increasing, allowing more damage to occur before triggering. There will be a new crime of accidental weapon discharge that triggers at the current threshold, but this will only result in a fine.


    Will Starports shoot at us if a wingmate becomes wanted?
    They currently don't, and will continue not to.


    What happens if you have accidentally forget to turn off 'report crimes against me' off... can we FORGIVE?
    Currently, no. The status of your crime reporting software should always be a top priority.


    If you shoot a wanted ship before finishing a scan will the fine disappearonce the scan shows the ship as wanted?
    No. When you shoot at a ship before scanning it, you are, in the eyes of the law, committing the crime of 'Assault'. Scan before you bam!


    What happens if you can't pay the fines at detention centers?
    If you can't pay off your legal bill, even by using the 'Creditor's Loan' and selling other ships as collateral you will become bankrupt and must choose the default Sidewinder option.


    What if you can't pay at the detention centre? Can we break people out of the detention area?
    You can't avoid the law. Legal fees must be paid. It's not currently possible to break people out of the detention area.


    Kill Warrant Scanner will reveal the single largest bounty- Can someone explain why is that? Isn't the point of KWS to 'reveal' ALL sins of particular NPC or CMDR across all jurisdictions in the bubble and potentially get a huge variable list of bounties when criminal is destroyed?
    The way the KWS worked was incompatible with the new crime system, which is why it had to change it.


    If you have a fine/bounty, so have no station facilities, can you still access the Black Market (should there be one) to sell any illegal cargo you have?
    Of course. It's the black market, they rely on villains like you.


    Will all current bounties (including dormant bounties) and fines beconverted to the new system when the update is released? Will they be cleared before the changes go live?
    There will be a one-time amnesty of all crimes when the change goes live.


    If a player is murdered and has a full cargo hold of trade goods, is that calculated into the combined murder bounty?
    No.


    If I rack up huge amounts of fines for looting and pirating NPC ships, what kind of bounty would I get for that?
    As long as you didn't kill those ships, the legal costs will not be any more than they currently are. Only the 'murder' crime has seen a significant bounty increase.


    Are bounties affected by system states like Anarchy, Corporate, etc?
    There is some minor variation based on factions.


    Will we now be safe inside Starport docks regardless of scanned bounties or not?
    No, the changes do not provide any protection - if you are scanned inside the dock expect to be destroyed.


    If I commit a crime (murder) in my Python and then switch ship before I'm a destroyed – on which ship will my bounty be based upon?
    The bounty remains with the ship that committed the crime, in this example, the Python. Remember though, the bounty will never expire, you'll have to pay Interstellar Factors to clean the ship or end up getting destroyed in it and pay the legal costs before the bounty is removed.


    Why don't you lose bounty when you get destroyed by a bounty hunter?
    When a bounty hunter destroys your ship, you will respawn at a detention centre where you will have to pay off your bounty value for the jurisdiction and any other costs, such as rebuy, after which the bounty is removed from your ship. Bounties from other jurisdictions are not removed because the factions are not informed of the kill.


    Will there be any indicators for missions that result in gaining bounties? For example, if I receive a 'tip off' to go to a settlement and scan its data points, will it be clear that this mission might result in bounties?
    We will be doing our best to ensure any mission in which you may now be asked to perform an illegal action will have a warning.


    Are there other ways to get rid of a bounty even if it's a very low bounty?
    Interstellar Factors in Low Security and Anarchy systems will be shown on the galaxy map once you have visited a systems and allow you to pay off any fines and bounties.


    How are the new changes to bounties going to affect the 'Top 5 Local Bounty Board' and'Crime Report' for systems?
    The top five bounties list will remain, and be joined by a top five 'power bounties this cycle' list to help those pledged to powers.


    If a wing of commanders attack you but one of the wing doesn't attack (but is hostile toward you), will we get a bounty for attacking them?
    Yes. You can only legally attack ships that you know are wanted (i.e. you have scanned them and detected they are wanted anyway, or they have attacked and hit your ship, which makes them wanted and auto scans them for you) in the current jurisdiction.


    What would happen if someone sold a module from a 'hot' ship to another player?
    It's not possible to sell modules to another player.


    Will you be able to transfer ships around anarchy systems if they're 'hot'?
    A hot ship can be transferred to any location where it is not wanted. Since anarchies do not recognize crimes, you are always able to transfer hot ships to them.


    Is it safe to say that there will be no option for the player in question to simply sell said 'hot' ship, and thus avoid paying the penalties? Can any criminal simply store modules and sell ship hull to fix his record? And will there be a 'wanted' status on ship modules? If your ship becomes 'hot' - is it possible to just change the modules to another ship and avoid the penalties?
    Ship can be sold but the interstellar factors take a cut. Any module associated with 'hot' ships are also hot and any module added to the hot ship also become hot. Hot modules cannot be added to a clean ship without paying for them to be cleaned.


    What's to stop groups of players simply getting huge bounties and notoriety values, only then to take it in turns destroying each other to obviously not only reset their notoriety, but also claiming nice big inflated bounties? Or, are the claimable bounties (for destroying a CMDR who's wanted) not the same as what's being applied to their rebuy?
    The maximum claim for a bounty is still currently one million credits. In this instance, the villain is still going to get landed with eye-watering fees that they will have to pay, assuming they have racked up a lot of murders with a high notoriety. Amount paid by the criminal is not the same as amount claimed by the bounty hunter.


    Is there a system in place to stop players intentionally blowing themselves up to reduce notoriety?
    You only lose notoriety when your ship is destroyed by authorities or bounty hunters that have detected your bounty. In these cases, you will have to pay legal costs as you will respawn at a detention centre.


    Will higher notorious levels increase the value of Black Market goods?
    No.


    Powerplay

    Will we gain Interstellar Bounties when trying to grind out merits?
    Powerplay activities will not incur bounties. Instead, they will incur 'Power Bounties'. These can only be detected and claimed by pledged ships, and do not use the criminal flow for respawning, so no additional legal fees are incurred.


    Will Powerplay bounties still be active if you defect to another Power?
    These bounties will be removed upon defection or leaving Powerplay.


    Will attacking hostile Powerplay ships at station be a crime?
    Attacking any ship near a Starport is a crime/will trigger a lethal response. This will not change.


    What is the rebuy cost for dying in Powerplay-related activities?
    There are no additional legal fees when ship destruction occurs due to Powerplay interactions.


    What will happen to merits for killing a wanted Powerplay CMDR?
    Nothing has changed to the way merits are handed out.


    With the introduction of the ATR, how will undermining Powers work?
    Because Powerplay activities now use Power bounties which do not involve the authorities, ATR will never be summoned for them.


    What does this mean for Powerplay (in regards to ATR) I definitely feel as if ships that are wanted for powerplay purposes should be immuneto the summoning of ATRs. Any input?
    This is correct. Ships with Power bounties will not draw the attention of the authorities, including ATR.


    WING MISSIONS

    Does a wing mission disappear if a wing is disbanded?
    In this instance the owner of the mission will still have the active mission, if the wing is reformed then they can share it with their wingmates once more.


    Is there a reason why all missions cannot be completed in wings? I feel like this should be player choice, for example, multiple small ships can take a mission that might normally need a single big ship.
    It’s a tremendous amount of work, requiring a lot of new functionality (such as the mission depot, partial complete, etc.) and a reworking of almost every mission template in the game. It was only feasible to add wing missions the way we have.


    Do you think the introduction of wing missions will allow players to help and mentor newer players better, and aid friends in acquiring bigger ships faster?
    It’s a possibility, we will of course be monitoring how the current rules around if and when we pay out rewards are working and if they need changing to maintain the overall balance of the game.


    If you complete wing missions alone, will you receive more rewards than if two players completed the wing mission? Is the mission payout going to be split amongst wingmates?
    No, the payout isn't split, it's duplicated. Each member of the wing will be viable for the same rewards.


    If you leave the wing halfway through a mission: what happens then with completing the mission for each commander?
    If you are not part of the wing when the mission completes you will not receive the rewards. Also note that if you have any cargo from that mission by that point, you are eligible to receive a fine.


    Will a wing mission fail if everyone else in your wing disconnects?
    No, as the owner has the main copy of the mission he can continue to complete it or reform a wing and share it again.


    Do I need to be in the same system as my wingmate to share and accept a wing mission?
    No.


    Will there be wing missions that are harder than standard missions, rather than larger quantity - like "Kill 4 Thargoid Basilisk Interceptors"?
    As mentioned on the stream, there are assassination missions that we are hoping fulfil this idea.


    Can wing missions be completed solo?
    Yes.


    Are these wing mission changes also carrying over into non-wing missions? If I'm in a 50T cargo ship, can I grab a 200T cargo mission?
    You can accept wing missions and perform them solo. With non-wing missions being linear, the mission depot (for wing missions) treat the mission as a loop and this inclusion changes missions on a fundamental level. So, normal delivery missions with not gain the mission depot at this time.


    What happens if a wingmate no longer wants to contribute to the mission and doesn't abandon it?
    This is the sort of area where we feel wings will have to police themselves.


    Can wings accept multiple missions at the same time?
    Each member of the wing can share one mission with their wingmates at a time. A single player may have multiple unshared wing missions. This is something we will be looking at during the beta.


    Will you be adding in NPC wingmates?
    Not at this time, no.


    Will we get bigger wings (6 or 8 players) or perhaps have linked wings?
    Not at this time, no.


    Mission Types:

    In the livestream, we saw changes to the way cargo missions work, will these improvements be made for passenger missions? For example, possible bulk passenger routes (like bus routes).
    This isn't planned at the current time no.


    Will there be wing missions involving data point scanning or destroying generators?
    Before deciding on more types of wing missions, we need to see how the current batch of wing missions (in the coming beta) work out. If new types of wing missions become available in the future, we'll definitely let you know.


    So, to confirm, it will be possible to spread the load of tonnage between wing ships for a delivery mission?
    For a wing delivery mission, yes. For normal delivery missions, no.


    Will there be bounty hunting wing missions?
    There will be some missions that require a wing to destroy a number of pirates, yes.


    Are there mining wing missions?
    Not at this time, no.


    The 'cargo mission' shown in the livestream:

    Will the rewards shown in the livestream be tweaked or are they final?
    As mentioned in the stream, we will look at rewards closer and probably during beta.


    What if someone dies with the required cargo? Is the mission failed for the entire wing?
    This is the exact reason we added the partial complete feature.


    Why is there no 'fill all available cargo space' button for cargo hauling wing missions?
    The clicker was designed to fill your ship quickly while still allowing finer control over what you're doing.


    For the cargo hauling mission shown, will commanders be able to deliver some of the cargo amounts, at a time, until it's all delivered?
    Yes.


    Any chance we can turn down material mission rewards if we don't carry cargo racks?
    The reason we've introduced the mission reward choice feature is so that players can turn down any reward package they don't like.


    On completion, if someone is no longer a member of the wing? Do they (still) get a reward?
    All members of the wing must be present to receive the reward.


    Is the influence reward per commander or a fixed amount that is shared between commanders?
    The influence reward is only available to the owner of the mission due to BGS.

    Originally Posted by Adam Waite View Post (Source)
    In essence this is the combination of two features, wing missions and mission reward choices. So let me put it this way:
    Wing missions - All members of the wing will receive a baseline level of credits, reputation and influence.
    Mission choices - The owner of a mission will sometimes be offered the chance to earn boosted amounts on influence (in exchange for less credits).

    If Elite-difficulty missions are chosen and your wing mate has a lesser rank, will they be able to get the wing mission – and if so, will they gain the same amount of reputation from the wing mission?
    This is something we will be keeping an eye on during beta as you also have to consider the new reward options (including reputation boost) but currently all players receive the same reward options.


    Will wing missions affect rank progression differently?
    Reputation is a reward, so will work the same way as standard mission rewards.


    Is it correct that wing members can contribute nothing yet still get the rewards?
    Yes, this allows wingmates to act as escorts for larger trade ships for example. Forcing players to contribute cargo is something we have avoided for now but will keep an eye on during the beta.

  3. #3
    A question about the ATR (Forgot the acronym) Will we be allowed to rename them so they would fit the lore with our minor faction or player minor faction. E.G Rename them to something like Red Wolves for Wolves of Jonai Reinforcement officers etc (hope you know what im talking about

    P.S Thanks for the Stream and The Post on here o7

    Kind regards,
    CMDR SirSuperDeath
    Elite Dangerous Community Wolves Of Jonai Management

  4. #4
    Originally Posted by Will Flanagan View Post (Source)

    CRIME AND PUNISHMENT

    Another one of the changes coming to this Chapter is the revisions to Crime and Punishment, introducing crimes attached to ships, bounty changes and detention centers. More details can be found below:

    'Hot' Ships

    • Crimes are attached to ships which cause them to become 'hot.'
    • Ships that are 'hot' have to connect to Starport services anonymously which limits their access to certain services.
    • Fines can be paid off at security contacts, but Bounties must be paid off using the Interstellar Factors.


    Why we are making these changes:

    • Attaching crimes to ships allows provides more options for criminals. They can swap and store hot ships to avoid being wanted, but at reasonable cost (...which is that they’re not using the hot ship).
    • It also neatly closes off loopholes where Commanders would switch to cheap or free ships before allowing themselves to be detected and possibly destroyed.
    • This flexibility allows us to safely increase consequences for criminals: if the criminal continues to use a hot ship they may have to travel farther to find the port services they need.


    Bounties and Notoriety

    • Fines no longer mature into bounties.
    • Bounties are no longer dormant.
    • Murder bounties are being revamped to include the following:
      • A fraction of the perpetrator’s rebuy cost.
      • A fraction of the victim’s rebuy cost.

    • Commanders will have a 'Notoriety' level:
      • It increases with each murder crime
      • It increases the rebuy cost fractions for both perp and victim
      • The victim’s rebuy cost is reduced by this amount
      • It decreases when a Commander is brought to justice.

    • We are introducing 'Power bounties,' which only apply to 'Power' crimes
      • Power bounties replace normal crimes for Power activities
      • Power bounties can only be seen and claimed by appropriately pledged ships
      • Power bounties do not follow the crime flow

      Why we are making these changes:
    • A reduction in crime states helps increase legibility.
    • We felt the bounties for murder, in general, were a little too low.
    • We feel its fairer that the perpetrator should shoulder some of the victim’s debt.
    • Notoriety ensures that some of the risks of crime cannot simply be shaken off by changing one's ship.
    • Power bounties allow us to have consensual PvP without unduly punishing those involved.


    Interstellar Bounties

    • Superpowers will issue Interstellar bounties against Commanders that continually transgress against factions aligned with them.
    • An Interstellar bounty is issued once the credit value for all appropriate bounties and fines breaches a certain threshold.
    • Interstellar bounties are valid in every jurisdiction controlled by a faction aligned with the superpower.


    Why we are making these changes:

    • We used to have these interstellar bounties in early Elite Dangerous and believe they add another level of consequences for serial criminals and help demarcate the superpower’s areas of influence.


    ATR

    • When criminals repeatedly commit crimes in sucession, they will eventually draw the attention of special authority ships: the Advanced Tactical Response.
    • These are powerful enough to pose a real threat to any ships Commanders have, though they will not insta-kill you.


    Why we are making these changes:

    • The ATR exist to prevent commanders from operating above the law and act as a soft cap on criminal activities.


    Detention Centres and Respawning

    • When a criminal is detected and destroyed they respawn at the nearest appropriate 'Detention Centre.'
    • At a detention centre a Commander must pay for crimes committed in the jurisdiction where they were destroyed.
    • Leaving a detention centre a Commander is safe from other Commanders until engage their FSD.
    • There are Superpower detention centres for Commanders with Interstellar bounties.
    • Ships that are destroyed unrelated to crime will respawn at the nearest and safest Starport in the system if possible, reverting to the last port docked if not.


    Why we are making these changes:

    • This change allows us to guarantee that when the authorities or bounty hunters are successful, the criminal must pay for their crimes.
    • The concept of respawning at ports within a system is less punishing and more contextually sound.


    Miscellaneous Changes

    • Kill Warrant Scanner will reveal the single largest bounty.


    For more details about Crime and Punishment revisions, check here: https://gaming.youtube.com/watch?t=742&v=4ocPr8DlBQs
    Generally it looks like the changes are a real positive for the game overall.

    I can predict a lot of "people" getting their noses out of joint over this because, ultimately, it won't allow free rein to troll other people in open; and that is a good thing.

    Where do I sign up for the beta?

  5. #5
    Where do I sign up for the beta?
    The Beta will be Free and will appear on your Launcher when it becomes available. : Do take note that beta is only on PC and will be around 25th of Jan (i think it was)

    Hope i helped you.

  6. #6
    Originally Posted by SirSuperDeath View Post (Source)
    The Beta will be Free and will appear on your Launcher when it becomes available. : Do take note that beta is only on PC and will be around 25th of Jan (i think it was)

    Hope i helped you.
    Yes sir. Thank you. o7!

  7. #7
    Elite Global Moderator Ozric's Avatar
    Awesome recap Will, thanks a lot!

  8. #8
    When I saw that I could (even in solo where I play) take large wing missions where I can deliver many hundreds (and I heard thousands?) of tons of cargo in my Cutter I almost lost my mind I was so excited! Combined with the mission reward selection system that was shown, this is what many of us have been asking for, for ever!

    Missions that scale to the largest ships in the game!

    Oh Frontier I can’t wait to try the beta. :-)

  9. #9
    Double Elite Global Moderator Robert Maynard's Avatar
    Thanks very much, Will!

  10. #10
    Sounds good to me, but I've got to kibitz anyway.

    It decreases when a Commander is brought to justice.
    Seems to me this would just lead to PvP groups getting together to "bounty hunt" each other to lower their friends' notoriety.

  11. #11
    Originally Posted by Tobasco da Gama View Post (Source)
    Seems to me this would just lead to PvP groups getting together to "bounty hunt" each other to lower their friends' notoriety.
    Perhaps some delimiter on who brings griefers to justice might help. If it looks like the system is going to be exploited and rorted then it may require a very strict parameter of what "justice" is in game.

  12. #12
    Originally Posted by SirSuperDeath View Post (Source)
    A question about the ATR (Forgot the acronym) Will we be allowed to rename them so they would fit the lore with our minor faction or player minor faction. E.G Rename them to something like Red Wolves for Wolves of Jonai Reinforcement officers etc (hope you know what im talking about
    Unlikely. According to the stream, the superpowers all have their own ATR forces, while independent factions contract ATR out to a single private military contractor.

  13. #13
    So, when in a CG res and a npc flies across my already firing lasers and is destroyed (as happens), I now pay more - much more?
    Not arguing against the changes. Just wanted to check.

  14. #14
    Originally Posted by Will Flanagan View Post (Source)

    CRIME AND PUNISHMENT

    'Hot' Ships

    Why we are making these changes:

    • Attaching crimes to ships allows provides more options for criminals. They can swap and store hot ships to avoid being wanted, but at reasonable cost (...which is that they’re not using the hot ship).
    • It also neatly closes off loopholes where Commanders would switch to cheap or free ships before allowing themselves to be detected and possibly destroyed.
    • This flexibility allows us to safely increase consequences for criminals: if the criminal continues to use a hot ship they may have to travel farther to find the port services they need.

    Is it safe to say that there will be no option for the player in question to simply sell said 'hot' ship, and thus avoid paying the penalties?

  15. #15
    Really good job on this recap Will. Lots of juicy info! o7

Page 1 of 20 1236 ... LastLast