Page 23 of 23 First 19212223

Thread: ED Astrometrics: Maps and Visualizations

OK, first step will be to go back and record masses for all of the ships, since I don't have that stored in my data table currently. I'm OK with using FSD parameters since I only need one set of values per FSD size. I've been creating the templates with the assumption that all FSDs are A-rated with range increase G5 + Mass Manager. (I'm forgetting what L and P represent though).

For our purposes, it's probably good enough to run the distance formula twice, both for mShip, and mShip+1, and use the difference.

OK, I think I have the "mass sensitivity" thing worked out well enough to give a good estimate. I've updated the ship table with this column, plus I moved the jump-range to the left, since it's usually the first thing you'll want to look at.

Originally Posted by Orvidius View Post (Source)
    OK, I think I have the "mass sensitivity" thing worked out well enough to give a good estimate. I've updated the ship table with this column, plus I moved the jump-range to the left, since it's usually the first thing you'll want to look at.
    The numbers you have mirror pretty damn close to what I have experienced min-maxing my explorers. Awesome job!

You could probably add a note of what build template you used (I adsume it is your base explorer setup). With mention that the lighter your ship is the more that 1T of mass will affect it beyond your number.

Anyways, thanks for doing this.

No problem! I've added some clarification text on it.

I've added a spreadsheet of ringed stars that are not brown dwarfs. Currently it has 5,455 entries, but I know there's at least one small gap in the data. I had to back-fill the database with rings (I wasn't previously storing them for stars), but the current nightly dumps on EDSM have a gap of a few days. The full dump is about a week and a half old, which I was able to supplement with the 7-day dump, leaving out a few days. I'll have to run another back-fill later.

Even though it has only a little over five thousands entries, the list would be considerably shorter if I were to exclude T-Tauri stars, which I'm tempted to do.

https://edastro.com/mapcharts/files/ringed-stars.csv

I've added a spreadsheet of ringed stars that are not brown dwarfs. Currently it has 5,455 entries, but I know there's at least one small gap in the data. I had to back-fill the database with rings (I wasn't previously storing them for stars), but the current nightly dumps on EDSM have a gap of a few days. The full dump is about a week and a half old, which I was able to supplement with the 7-day dump, leaving out a few days. I'll have to run another back-fill later.

Even though it has only a little over five thousands entries, the list would be considerably shorter if I were to exclude T-Tauri stars, which I'm tempted to do.

The new one is still being generated after 3 days Should be ended soon.

Originally Posted by AnthorNet View Post (Source)
    The new one is still being generated after 3 days Should be ended soon.
    Awesome, thanks!.

Great work! I was surprised to see two ringed Red Giants!

I decided to just go ahead and remove the T-Tauri stars from the list too. This brings the current total to 1549 ringed stars of more interesting types.

I finally made some 3.3 corrections to the exploration tips page.