Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
Results 106 to 116 of 116

Thread: News about engineering,

  1. #106
    https://coriolis.edcd.io/outfit/anac...rant%20Venture

    This is my current Conda, I didnt get to add the effects of my engineering since I am not on my Ps4 right now. I do know my shields are about 1500mj, my boost is at 320, and FSD hits around 25 with this set up.

    I have it set up for piracy at the moment, but it serves multiple purposes. Power play undermining, passenger runner, mass smuggler if necessary.

  2. #107
    The best cost:benefit for FSD range will be simply changing your sensors and life support to D rated.
    They are the lightest and that gives you about 2 ly right there.
    Later on, engineering those modules to lightweight pays off too.

    Military composite is not a great deal from what I've researched.
    I either go with the stock lightweight and engineer HD, or go reactive with thermal resist.

    If you're doing bounty hunting in RESs or playing in CZs you might consider bi-weaves for the faster regen.
    Then you can save the SCBs for when you need them most and stay longer.
    People often use the biweaves + resists instead of a large MJ pool because a smaller pool with higher resists fills much faster.

  3. #108
    Originally Posted by Bob Lighthouse View Post (Source)
    The best cost:benefit for FSD range will be simply changing your sensors and life support to D rated.
    They are the lightest and that gives you about 2 ly right there.
    Later on, engineering those modules to lightweight pays off too.

    Military composite is not a great deal from what I've researched.
    I either go with the stock lightweight and engineer HD, or go reactive with thermal resist.

    If you're doing bounty hunting in RESs or playing in CZs you might consider bi-weaves for the faster regen.
    Then you can save the SCBs for when you need them most and stay longer.
    People often use the biweaves + resists instead of a large MJ pool because a smaller pool with higher resists fills much faster.
    Makes sense, Ive read a little about this. However, what am I looking for in regards too higher resits? Are there certain categories I want to shoot for with biweaves? Is it thermal, is it kinetic, explosive. I think that's where most of my confusion stems and why I stuck to a high pool of MJ.

  4. #109
    Originally Posted by Curvemn17 View Post (Source)
    Makes sense, Ive read a little about this. However, what am I looking for in regards too higher resits? Are there certain categories I want to shoot for with biweaves? Is it thermal, is it kinetic, explosive. I think that's where most of my confusion stems and why I stuck to a high pool of MJ.
    Shields start out with a thermal disadvantage, so thermal resistance shield generator engineering is very popular and arguably the most "no brainer" approach to even things out.
    Then people will add a few resistance augmented boosters to get around 50%+ in your right UI panel, usually no more than 3, and fill the rest with heavy duty, dependent on power avail.
    That gives pretty high, even resists across the board and maximum MJ for them.

    Some folks go reinforced and just add resistance boosters to even out the balance, and add HD as applicable.
    This can give a considerably higher MJ pool so perhaps better for single, tough engagements like PVP duels as opposed to RESs etc.

    It bears noting that PVE somewhat favors the thermal generator engineering as they primarily use lasers on shields, whereas in PVP YMMV due to engineering.

  5. #110
    Originally Posted by Bob Lighthouse View Post (Source)
    Shields start out with a thermal disadvantage, so thermal resistance shield generator engineering is very popular and arguably the most "no brainer" approach to even things out.
    Then people will add a few resistance augmented boosters to get around 50%+ in your right UI panel, usually no more than 3, and fill the rest with heavy duty, dependent on power avail.
    That gives pretty high, even resists across the board and maximum MJ for them.

    Some folks go reinforced and just add resistance boosters to even out the balance, and add HD as applicable.
    This can give a considerably higher MJ pool so perhaps better for single, tough engagements like PVP duels as opposed to RESs etc.

    It bears noting that PVE somewhat favors the thermal generator engineering as they primarily use lasers on shields, whereas in PVP YMMV due to engineering.
    Thanks that makes sense. Up to this point I waited to get into engineers until 1 felt like I was pretty decent at combat with normal flight, then FA off and 2 I felt it best to wait to engineer once I had worked my way to a ship I really enjoyed and didn’t plan on selling off. Now I have a nice assortment of ships and can handle myself in combat. I planned on engineering back in December but wth the proposed updates thought I would be best to wait. Guess I’ll mess wth it this weekend then.

  6. #111
    Cool, have fun!

    What engineers do you have open?

  7. #112
    Originally Posted by Bob Lighthouse View Post (Source)
    Cool, have fun!

    What engineers do you have open?
    Access to Elvira, Juri, Liz, and Dweller. Only messed with Felicity to level 4. Others I haven’t touched.

  8. #113
    That's pretty good already.
    The G1 long range mod for your c4 laser is a must do, imo.
    Seriously, just go do it right away, even if it's just one roll.
    It will eliminate the strong damage falloff that lasers have.
    You will be pleased.

    If you take about 30 sulphur (that's only 10 rocks to find) you can probably get a pretty good roll with a nice thermal load reduction, maybe up to 40%.
    Since you are not running a lot of energy weapons that would let you fire a long time, with much more damage overall.

    Lei Chung and Prof. Palin should be high on your list.

  9. #114
    Originally Posted by Bob Lighthouse View Post (Source)
    That's pretty good already.
    The G1 long range mod for your c4 laser is a must do, imo.
    Seriously, just go do it right away, even if it's just one roll.
    It will eliminate the strong damage falloff that lasers have.
    You will be pleased.

    If you take about 30 sulphur (that's only 10 rocks to find) you can probably get a pretty good roll with a nice thermal load reduction, maybe up to 40%.
    Since you are not running a lot of energy weapons that would let you fire a long time, with much more damage overall.

    Lei Chung and Prof. Palin should be high on your list.
    Ok I’ll get to work. The beam as it stands now cuz my power plant and distributor is engineered doesn’t seem to ever drain but it does fall off outside of 1.5 away.

  10. #115
    Originally Posted by Curvemn17 View Post (Source)
    Ok I’ll get to work. The beam as it stands now cuz my power plant and distributor is engineered doesn’t seem to ever drain but it does fall off outside of 1.5 away.

    Falloff starts at 500m, so unless you are closer than that at all times (yeah right!) you will see a benefit.
    I figured you had enough PD so the heat reduction makes a good target.
    In 3.0 just go G5 LR and add thermal vent instead.

  11. #116
    Originally Posted by Bob Lighthouse View Post (Source)
    Falloff starts at 500m, so unless you are closer than that at all times (yeah right!) you will see a benefit.
    I figured you had enough PD so the heat reduction makes a good target.
    In 3.0 just go G5 LR and add thermal vent instead.
    Well being a conda most things arent usually within 500 so I havent noticed the drop that close lol

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678