Page 1 of 32 1234511 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: Save The Kill Warrant Scanner!

Save The Kill Warrant Scanner!

This is a bit of plea to FD concerning something that went practically unnoticed in the 1st of the Beyond Chapter One livestreams.

Here are the relevant forum posts up until now ...

Originally Posted by Will Flanagan View Post (Source)
    Kill Warrant Scanner will reveal the single largest bounty- Can someone explain why is that? Isn't the point of KWS to 'reveal' ALL sins of particular NPC or CMDR across all jurisdictions in the bubble and potentially get a huge variable list of bounties when criminal is destroyed?
    The way the KWS worked was incompatible with the new crime system, which is why it had to change it.
    Originally Posted by Alec Turner View Post (Source)
    Wait ... what!? When I use the KWS, a lot of the time the additional bounties it reveals are lower than the primary bounty revealed by my basic sensors. The main reason for using the KWS is to be able to collect all these extra bounties in addition to the main one. Are you saying this will no longer happen? I don't want to overreact but you may have just ruined the KWS.
    Originally Posted by Alec Turner View Post (Source)
    Forgive the bump but the more I think about this the more it troubles me - greatly.

It's not even about the money. I don't know that everyone will agree but (within reason) I don't really care if my bounty hunting reward is 50 mcguffins or 150 mcguffins. What bothers me is that currently, the reward of using the KWS is that you get whole load of extra bounties added to your Transactions panel. It's not about more money, it's about the very real sense that the KWS has done as advertised and uncovered all these extra bounties which you can see listed right there and which you then have to go and claim (sometimes by flying around the different systems, sometimes by visiting an Interstellar Factors broker).

If the new change really does mean that I now just get a single bounty in my Transaction panel which is worth 150 mcguffins (rather than the 50 I would have got from the local system bounty) then I'm afraid you really will have ruined the KWS for me.

If I've understood the proposed change correctly then PLEASE reconsider!
    So basically - FD seem to be proposing to change the behaviour of the KWS so that instead of potentially getting a load of additional bounties in your Transactions panel which can then all be claimed individually, it will now just reveal the single largest bounty. I would claim that the PVE gameplay around use of the KWS isn't actually about the total quantity of money you get. It's about the sense of achievement in exposing those additional bounties ("aha! you're wanted in 5 other systems!") which is then re-inforced by seeing that long list of bounties appear in the Transactions panel and then having to claim them all, sometimes from one station, sometimes from several stations and sometimes from Interstellar Factors.

Edit: it's been pointed out by others in this thread that the loss of theose other bounties also has BGS consequences re: minor faction rep.

Again, if I've understood correctly, then the proposed change is going to ruin this and render the KWS, at best uninteresting, and at worst useless. Rather than have this lost in the livestream megathread I thought I'd create a separate place for discussion and, if possible, further explanation (maybe even reconsideration?) from FD.

I'll be testing this in the beta ASAP and will report back on whether my concerns are genuine.

o7 commanders

I hereby approve this message and/or product.

Z...

I don get Will's answer. Why cant it reveal all bounties in the new system?

Sounds good! Carry on!

I watched ALL of the live streams and I frankly can't recall any mention of the KWS, but I will take your word for it.

I'll be honest, I stopped using the KWS after my first few weeks as a Bounty Hunter.
    Sure, it generates extra credits, and yeah, it can generate significant extra credits over time, but...

Between Kill-stealers in HazRES, aggressive NPC's and taking up a utility slot that could otherwise have a more productive utility jammed in it... plus having to actually use the thing... I'd sort of stopped using them.

However, I don't believe this is a good change to the KWS. I'll wait longer for a release if it means not hobbling hardware to get there.

The way the KWS worked was incompatible with the new crime system, which is why it had to change it.

it's called 'software' for a reason.

MAKE it compatible.

I agree with OP, I am 3+ billion in cr/assets, I don't need to bother with kws - I do it for FUN and changing it diminishes the fun to be had.

WHAAAAT?????

ill get my pitchfork..

Yah, I seize using KWS until this thing is sorted out, nor will I buy any additional upgrades for the current ones!

100% seriously though, this change, if going down like presented, would make me remove KWS altogether and occupy the slots with something more useful. The money isn't the issue, the lack of proper rap sheet (like Alec described) for perps is.

Originally Posted by Conch View Post (Source)
    WHAAAAT?????

ill get my pitchfork..
    Here, take mine.

It's dangerous to go alone.

Just want to jump in and sign this petition...

Originally Posted by IndigoWyrd View Post (Source)
    Here, take mine.

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon....CL._SY450_.jpg

It's dangerous to go alone.
    did you steal that one of the devil?

I am curious why the KWS can't tally up all bounties associated with a ship, when it already can for NPC's. Have we gotten an explanation?

Also, are we sure this applies to NPC's? Or is it player specific?

If it's with NPC's, I don't see why the new bounty can't be 30-50% higher than the primary one. This will fix most concerns, but leaves one significant one.

If this works for NPC's, and it replaces the bounty with a higher one from a different jurisdiction, what happens at Bounty Hunting CG's? If the CG requires bounties from jurisdiction A, and the higher alternate bounty is from Faction B, why bother with the KWS?

I think a fuller explanation is required as to why it's incompatible.
    Definitely devalues the KWS.

Originally Posted by Ra'Kaan View Post (Source)
    it's called 'software' for a reason.

MAKE it compatible.

I agree with OP, I am 3+ billion in cr/assets, I don't need to bother with kws - I do it for FUN and changing it diminishes the fun to be had.
    I think FD means conceptually incompatible.

Originally Posted by Wyaston Hypatia View Post (Source)
    I think a fuller explanation is required as to why it's incompatible.
    Exactly.

Originally Posted by NascentChemist View Post (Source)
    I am curious why the KWS can't tally up all bounties associated with a ship, when it already can for NPC's. Have we gotten an explanation?
    Originally Posted by sleutelbos View Post (Source)
    I don get Will's answer. Why cant it reveal all bounties in the new system?
    Yeah, as sluetelbos suggests, we do have an answer... it just... doesn't make any sense. The whole entirety of the answer was a vague "it doesn't work in the new system".

Page 1 of 32 1234511 ... LastLast