Page 1 of 33 1236 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 495

Thread: Old Rolls vs New Rolls megathread

  1. #1

    Old Rolls vs New Rolls megathread

    We all want to see how the new rolls stack up to the old system. The Devs want to cut down on "edge cases" where old rolls are significantly superior to the new system

    In this thread, please post examples of your (or others') 2.4 engineered modules exceeding the maximum possible under the new system, ideally screenshots with an explanation of how they're superior.

    That can be either secondary effects that can't be obtained under the new system, combinations of secondary effects that are superior to the new system, or simply modules with higher values than possible under the new system

    I'll try and curate a list of said modules to keep at the top.

    Core Internals


    Weapons



    Optional internals/Armour




    Utility Slots



    EDIT: Experimentals seem to be applying inconsistently! People are reporting results outside of what should be possible. I can no longer test due to a bug, please link to screenshots of already engineered Beta Modules if you can for accurate comparison

    EDIT 2:
    Beta values seem to be roughly in line with past mods on most modules, but problems remain. Looking for confirmation for beta 2 modules to make sure the patch notes are accurate.

    BETA 2 Updated list


    Core Internals

    Weapons



    Optional internals/Armour




    Utility Slots


  2. #2
    Looks like 135% multiplier and -10% optimal mass with peak DD5 + Drag drives.

    Current best of the best rolls are around 142% / -0%, with a great number of ~140% / -5 to -8% drives in play.

    This is a problem.

    I've probably thrown away fifty DD5 rolls that are better than the best possible in the current Beta.

  3. #3
    To start off, the new max rolls for G5 Dirty Drives with Experimental effects are about 135% Optimal Multiplier, with -12.5% Optimal Mass. This is far below what can be achieved under the old system, of up to 143% Optimal Multiplier with -5% mass

    https://media.discordapp.net/attachm...831&height=468
    https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...9.27.06.70.png

  4. #4
    Any idea about increased FSD?

  5. #5
    Following this, it will be interesting to see what is reported, and if the grandfathering debate is blown out of proportion or not.

    As a side note, I can't understand why the devs, who have all the numbers available, can't just simulate 1000 rolls on a module in the old system to weed out the edge cases, and in that way understand what is possible. Have a look through the PvP forums, look at the builds they are using (what secondaries actually matter), and see what is possible with the old system. Then either guarantee that the new rolls are better, or give up the whole grandfathering idea. Easy.

  6. #6
    Originally Posted by Atrus5060 View Post (Source)
    Any idea about increased FSD?
    Need to double check the special effects again, but it looks like 55% maximum.

  7. #7
    Youre joking right? 135%?? DAFUQ GUYS!?!?!?!

  8. #8
    Originally Posted by Viking84 View Post (Source)
    Following this, it will be interesting to see what is reported, and if the grandfathering debate is blown out of proportion or not.

    As a side note, I can't understand why the devs, who have all the numbers available, can't just simulate 1000 rolls on a module in the old system to weed out the edge cases, and in that way understand what is possible. Have a look through the PvP forums, look at the builds they are using (what secondaries actually matter), and see what is possible with the old system. Then either guarantee that the new rolls are better, or give up the whole grandfathering idea. Easy.
    They don't need to simulate anything, they should have the actual tables on hand and can see that the right combination of secondaries can give you a 580m/s 420 ton FDL in the old system, while the same ship in the new system is 50m/s slower.

  9. #9
    If 135 is the max, and old rolls are staying in, the new system isn't good enough and worse than that, people will never get any modules that were rolled before and they can never be replicated.

    If 135 is the max with the new, grandfathering cannot be kept in.

  10. #10
    That's totally not ok... they have to tweak the max values of the new system to the god rolls of the old.
    And we need a respond soon. Otherwise many players would run for god rolls lake crazy before it goes love and new players would never be able to get the same results.

  11. #11
    It's as if FD don't even know what the current system is capable of

  12. #12
    Originally Posted by Morbad View Post (Source)
    They don't need to simulate anything, they should have the actual tables on hand and can see that the right combination of secondaries can give you a 580m/s 420 ton FDL in the old system, while the same ship in the new system is 50m/s slower.
    This. They have the equations, they can see immediately what the theoretical maximum is...

  13. #13
    S basically we just need all the improvements minus the tiered approach and stick with the old system....

  14. #14
    Originally Posted by Poseidal View Post (Source)
    If 135 is the max, and old rolls are staying in, the new system isn't good enough and worse than that, people will never get any modules that were rolled before and they can never be replicated.

    If 135 is the max with the new, grandfathering cannot be kept in.
    And ruin peoples work on them? The cap should go up!!!

  15. #15
    I like how the 134/-11 drives I had for months would only be slightly worse than the "new max".

Page 1 of 33 1236 ... LastLast