Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can we please have the Orca down to a Medium pad?

Can we please have the Orca down to a Medium pad?

I think this is a change that is LONG overdue. The Orca is quite a bit smaller on the outside than a Beluga, and I now fail to see why it cannot be made into a medium ship. Please? It would also add a second multi-purpose ship to the Medium range.

It's too long for a medium pad, so... how?

I have been using an Orca for passenger missions for a long time, and have never had any reason for it to be configured any differently. I guess if you wanted to use it for other rolls, it might be beneficial, but that would be what the Python is for.

Completely unnecessary. As Tosan suggests that's what Pythons for. Ive been back in the bubble for a month running around in my Orca. Not had an issue with Large pad syndrome

OP probably wants to do all those passenger missions to outposts

That the Python is only a medium class ship is the daft thing... Having said that, my Python can carry more passengers than my Orca! All those slots filled with passenger cabins on a Python make it a better bus and only VIPs use luxury cabins so you only get one mission at a time per cabin... bonkers. That there isn't a medium S-K luxury boat is a bit of a hole in the line-ups though.

Still, out a couple kly from the bubble exploring in the midnight black. Can't beat an Orca in orbit around a newly discovered ELW for a glamour shot. Just don't take one of it landed though... Those huge Ugg-like white slippers that the livery firms can't seem to paint! Gaahhh!

There is the type 6 but it's not as good as the Python

Originally Posted by Bonzodog View Post (Source)
    I think this is a change that is LONG overdue. The Orca is quite a bit smaller on the outside than a Beluga, and I now fail to see why it cannot be made into a medium ship. Please? It would also add a second multi-purpose ship to the Medium range.
    +Rep

I agree.

Get the tourch out and let's shorten this thing! Makes no sense not to have a medium size liner... imo

Orca got its boost with 2.4 - with that mass reduction, giving it a very good jump-range.
    the only other boost it needs, is more luxury passenger missions with overlapping destinations.

compared to that, the Type7 is the far superiour low-cost large pad passenger hauler, because of much more internals

the Orca on the other hand, is the superiour Mining ship, because it can fit medium mining lasers

Oh yeah, Type-7 makes a great bulk passenger hauler, it's my evac shuttle in the Pleiades.

You can try the dolphin. The Orca is too long for the medium pad. Can't fit it on one.

Originally Posted by Bonzodog View Post (Source)
    Some ships need a bigger pad even if they are just a tiny bit bigger then the lower pad's size, and for passenger missions it should work fine, it's got a big fuel tank so you won't need to stop at every outpost to refuel.

Originally Posted by Bunkerkind Anni View Post (Source)
    Orca got its boost with 2.4 - with that mass reduction, giving it a very good jump-range.
    the only other boost it needs, is more luxury passenger missions with overlapping destinations.

compared to that, the Type7 is the far superiour low-cost large pad passenger hauler, because of much more internals

the Orca on the other hand, is the superiour Mining ship, because it can fit medium mining lasers
    +Rep

Well said!

Let's not ask to resize ships, let's ask for new ships in the sizes that are lacking. Gutamaya looking at you too, where's that medium pad ship.

No need to resize The Orca i think its high time for a new Saud Kruger ship, a medium sized liner named Batoidea, Spinner or La Plata or something like that.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast