Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: When are new SRVs coming?

When are new SRVs coming?

So it has been a year since the launch of Horizons. We have many different ship launched fighters, where are the new SRVs?

I would like two see a couple of them. One big and heavy with a large cargo capacity. These would be useful for surface POI's and gathering the containers, as well as Thargoid sites!

Would also like to see maybe a faster one with MUCH improved handling. Something that would work well for some bucky ball racing! And also may be a preferable pick for running around settlements getting to those data points before the timer runs out.

Maybe one that is not as fast but has a much larger boost, so you can fly it farther. Or get more altitude in high G worlds.

Or just put modules in them and lets us customize (engineer) boost rate, capacitor, speed, cargo racks, etc....

You are using “when” as if it’s a given.

When Are new SRVs coming?

I wouldn't mind having one that could refuel/recharge from my ship and could drive for 1,000 kilometers before running out of juice.

I think there was some talk a while back that some devs chimed in on about having different sorts of SRVs in the game. More or less that they were listening to feedback about it. It seems like something they might likely do at some point.

Having an amphibious or submarine type ship/SRV once we can explore worlds with liquid oceans and the like would be pretty cool too.

They need to make a pickup truck one so I can carry more then 2 things in it.

Then a Military one so I can actually survive when base security is chasing after me.

OOOH! OOOH! An SRV thread! I want a manned skimmer to reduce planetside VR nausea. Faster but harder to stop and maneuver( no breaks, so watch those cliff edges...) with just 1 ton cargo or even heck, skip the cargo altogether( still with ability to collect mats).

Originally Posted by Purafire View Post (Source)
    So it has been a year since the launch of Horizons
    2 years.

Look thru the concept art book. There are some SRV's in there. Also noticed a version of the Chieftain in there...

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6K...ew?usp=sharing

Was there not some comment quite some time ago on FD Live Stream where Mr Braben himself said other SRV's were not a priority and most likely be no others..

New SRV Prediction "One Day Over The Rainbow™" since its been 2 years since Horizons and yeah well, You have your buggie, what more do you need?

Originally Posted by Jazzy View Post (Source)
    Was there not some comment quite some time ago on FD Live Stream where Mr Braben himself said other SRV's were not a priority and most likely be no others..

New SRV Prediction "One Day Over The Rainbow™" since its been 2 years since Horizons and yeah well, You have your buggie, what more do you need?
    On the other side of the coin, during Frontier Expo Sandro said he would "like to add a second seat to the Keelback" but at that time he had nothing to tell people, and here it is. So...who knows what else we'll get surprised with this year?

Originally Posted by Jazzy View Post (Source)

I want a SRV to do this with.

Originally Posted by GraXXoR View Post (Source)
    You are using “when” as if it’s a given.

When Are new SRVs coming?
    They bloody well better be.

Originally Posted by C4R1TON View Post (Source)
    Look thru the concept art book. There are some SRV's in there. Also noticed a version of the Chieftain in there...

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6K...ew?usp=sharing
    Some amazing concept art in there; I'm particularly interested in the interior shots .. clearly concept art for spacelegs.

Something with more than a 2 Ton cargo would be great. Perhaps different styling for Feds, Empire, Alliance as per the fighters. Thus more paintjob sales on the Frontier Store. I also like the styling of the NASA Mars Rover but might be too big to fit in to the docking bay.

I would like to see a cannon-based srv and participate in tank battles by doing missions with it (and maybe slap on some armour and some type of wheels with a lot of traction (lets call them tracks for now)).

Perhaps an SRV during Q2 to Q4 ?

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast