Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: When are new SRVs coming?

Originally Posted by Hooplah View Post (Source)
    Something with more than a 2 Ton cargo would be great. Perhaps different styling for Feds, Empire, Alliance as per the fighters. Thus more paintjob sales on the Frontier Store. I also like the styling of the NASA Mars Rover but might be too big to fit in to the docking bay.

This please.

I'd like a tracked variant. Why? If the planets are getting a makeover, it probably means surfaces that may defy wheeled vehicles, and you won't get "Hull integrity compromised." every 100 yards.

I'll take a hover craft along the lines of those skimmer drones... dang the terrain.

Originally Posted by Jools View Post (Source)

Now we need explanations from frontier, and time of delivery of those late goods, not patting them on the back and giving them yet another "get out of jail free" card

they no longer deserve it...
    That seems a very harsh view. We all have the ultimate sanction available - stop playing the game, and stop giving Frontier more money.

Personally - i still love the game, hold no grudge, and am delighted by the progress FDev are making.

Originally Posted by Arthur Shappey View Post (Source)
    That seems a very harsh view. We all have the ultimate sanction available - stop playing the game, and stop giving Frontier more money.

Personally - i still love the game, hold no grudge, and am delighted by the progress FDev are making.
    I just think it's cute Jools believes they deserve an explanation.

As said before, I want one with a caterpillar track drive that has better grip and can turn on the spot.

Originally Posted by Toffmeister View Post (Source)
    If the planets are getting a makeover,
    yes, IF

all they have said is that they are working on improving their scatter rock system

they never really said that the surface generation algorithm will be changed in any way

Originally Posted by Arthur Shappey View Post (Source)

Yes, it`s harsh. It`s just as harsh as frontier`s stance towards old backers... Ask Liqua (and about 300 hundred other high level backers) if he was finally given his 5000 pounds 3d printed ship model, and if frontier started answering his e-mails again or if they still have him on ignore

I`m happy that you don`t hold your grudge and are generally happy with the game... I wish i were believe me. I waited for this game for decades, read all the interviews with David about elite 4 and just like he said I "imagined how great it would feel..." I was really supportive during KS, promoting the game on other sites etc. But it turned out I was a naive Braben`s fanboy and Ian was right about him all along

Personally - I have had enough of David`s lies and just like you have suggested I had stopped playing the game, and had stopped giving them my money long time ago. I don`t expect KS promises to be fulfilled any more, but I`m not willing to just let it go like that.

I choose to fight for the rights of those who were fooled by those with power to change things for the better, than lick the butts of those with power for god knows what reason.

So... I`m sorry but i`ll be here posting proof of frontier`s lies/deliberate half-truths/effects of bad planning/incompetence (call it what you want) until they make official statements explaining why they sold something and then never delivered and how are they going to compensate people for those undelivered goods

They pretend all those things have never happened, deliberately retcon history to hide the evidence of their promises, and have never even really acknowledged the issues. That`s why I`m angry and harsh, and that is why those things have to be reminded.

Frontier have released the SRV redesign that will assist in materials gathering for the new engineering system

Its capacity better not be in rounds of toast.

Originally Posted by C4R1TON View Post (Source)
    Look thru the concept art book. There are some SRV's in there. Also noticed a version of the Chieftain in there...

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6K...ew?usp=sharing
    Yeah they have a lot of cool concepts in there. I also believe we will see most of this in the coming expansions.

One thing I noticed was the Squadron Carriers.

Right side bottom

Yeah a bigger cargo hold would be nice, more guns would be nice, more fuel would be nice but if I could have one feature it would be the ability to hover and have a futuristic exploration vehicle that was fun to drive and not a massive hassle that needs to be driven at incredibly slow speeds to avoid massive integrity losses whenever I knick a rock on the surface, and a more detailed scanner ...

Originally Posted by NecoMachina View Post (Source)
    They could easily do this with existing assets. Fly close to planet surface, deploy into your ship launched fighter and dismiss the ship. You can then fly around in your SLF. When you recall the ship it comes down and hovers at say 1KM altitude to allow you to redock.

Problem is the "gameplay" on planetary surfaces is still extremely basic, so there's nothing to really do down there. I doubt it'll get much attention until they are ready to do atmospheric landings. Maybe then we'll get other types of vehicles to use on planets.
    That's a key point that FDev probably already realizes and that is what would another buggy type offer? The surface gameplay is, well, simple at best. So investing time in developing another buggy is meaningless. FDev needs to focus on creating gameplay content.

Originally Posted by Kubicide View Post (Source)
    That's a key point that FDev probably already realizes and that is what would another buggy type offer? The surface gameplay is, well, simple at best. So investing time in developing another buggy is meaningless. FDev needs to focus on creating gameplay content.
    Actually I have seen it where FDEV said there are new SRV's coming but they will only arrive when there are gameplay mechanics in place for them to be functional.

Additional SRVís
    Itís been confirmed that more of these would become available but only when the specific game play opportunities are right. The use of SRVís to do mining on planets will appear, but David Braben has said during the PAX live stream on the 10th March 2017 that there is no ETA.
    We get complaints all the time 'mile wide an inch deep' I can imagine the complaints if they introduced a mining SRV but you couldn't do anything with it except drive around!

https://elitedangerous2016.wordpress...d-the-horizon/

I certainly don't have time to watch all he live streams and read all the Q&A and AMA's, the blog above seems to collate a lot of things devs have said around the place so it might be a good place for information.

Originally Posted by Kubicide View Post (Source)
    Agreed, and this is why the link in my signature not only proposes a brand new type of SRV, but also new gameplay to come along with it!

• SRV MkII (The Rhino) Ė This is a new, slower but slightly larger version of the Scarab, with a weaker main turret but much more cargo space. The MkII also carries a surface drill rig which can be used for various things, like surface ore mining, and collecting surface core samples!
    • Surface Core Samples Ė These are rare random locations found in conjunction with the SRV scanner and DSS heatmaps which allow the commander to use the drill rig on the SRV MkII to drill through the surface and collect a planet core sample, which takes 1T of cargo rack space and can be flown back to civilization and sold for large credit values. Again the cores increase in value with distance from SOL. The new DSS heatmaps can be used to locate areas on planets with the best chances of finding surface core spots, but much SRV searching will still be required to find them. In general though they will procedurally spawn around areas of increased surface terrain geometry, like large canyon or mountain networks or inside craters.

So a new SRV, the Mk II Rhino, which could be used for both surface mining AND for explorers to drill for planet core samples to bring home and sell for lots of credits.

Originally Posted by Mengy View Post (Source)
    So a new SRV, the Mk II Rhino, which could be used for both surface mining AND for explorers to drill for planet core samples to bring home and sell for lots of credits.
    Rep'ed, but I also like the MkII to carry another crew as passenger so we can go riding together

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast