Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: Destroying NPCs power plant has no effect

Originally Posted by NascentChemist View Post (Source)
    Really? I swear I've been taking out NPC Anaconda's with their hull still above 20% while targeting the PP. I'll take a closer look.
    The larger NPC ships I've fought since coming back have all kept fighting until their hulls were destroyed, even if I had reduced their PP to 0% early on and landed many hits on the 0 integrity module.

I'll need to take a closer look as well.

Originally Posted by Morbad View Post (Source)
    The larger NPC ships I've fought since coming back have all kept fighting until their hulls were destroyed, even if I had reduced their PP to 0% early on and landed many hits on the 0 integrity module.

I'll need to take a closer look as well.
    if you look at the sub targets panel, you'll see 0% modules are dimmed, but still say "ON". Pre v3.0 they'd say "OFF". I think this is the crux of the issue.

Originally Posted by NascentChemist View Post (Source)
    Really? I swear I've been taking out NPC Anaconda's with their hull still above 20% while targeting the PP. I'll take a closer look.
    I can confirm that it's definitely still possible to kill NPCs via hitting a 0% power plant enough- they just never lose power.

Originally Posted by Frenotx View Post (Source)
    I can confirm that it's definitely still possible to kill NPCs via hitting a 0% power plant enough- they just never lose power.
    Thanks for the confirmation.

This is still an issue, continuing to shoot the powerplant after it reaches 0% will sometimes cause the NPC to explode, but by that time they are usually ready to go from hull damage anyway. Shooting NPC powerplants has no other effect, they continue to fly, fight, regain shields, and use SCBs with no noticeable changes in behaviour.

Originally Posted by SirKaldar View Post (Source)
    This is still an issue, continuing to shoot the powerplant after it reaches 0% will sometimes cause the NPC to explode, but by that time they are usually ready to go from hull damage anyway. Shooting NPC powerplants has no other effect, they continue to fly, fight, regain shields, and use SCBs with no noticeable changes in behaviour.
    There is no reason to try to disable them until its fixed and who knows when (if) that will happen

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678