Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: With Beta 2 Engineering I Think You've Hit The Sweet Spot, FD

With Beta 2 Engineering I Think You've Hit The Sweet Spot, FD

Pinned blueprints give grades 1-5, faster progression for lower tier mods based on rank.

Combined with the traders and remote workshops, it's a nice balance between accessibility, convenience, and gradual progression.

Great job

Originally Posted by vindelanos View Post (Source)
    Pinned blueprints give grades 1-5, faster progression for lower tier mods based on rank.

Combined with the traders and remote workshops, it's a nice balance between accessibility, convenience, and gradual progression.

Great job
    I concur, though I suspect some people won"t be satisfied with anything less than an "I win" button!

Great job
    You forgot to add, "the last round of adjustments brought the new system's results mostly in line with that of the old." I haven't seen any maximum values in the new system that didn't meet or exceed my best engineered modules. Kind of feeling much better about it with this pass, though it could perhaps do with some tweaking still.

Originally Posted by Marc_Hicks View Post (Source)
    I concur, though I suspect some people won"t be satisfied with anything less than an "I win" button!
    My word, you simply can't help it, can you.

I think a few things need looking at (balance wise), but I agree that beta 2 is much, much better with sensible choices made.

I don't think there will be perfect happiness even after 3.0 launch, because I don't think anyone can estimate long term effect on game, or personal playstyle, but it address few core issues with reasonable improvements. Will they be enough - who knows. They certainly open doors for continuous testing.

I also expect improvements and changes for Engineers in 3.1, because that there will be more solid feedback for FD. Remember, Engineers 1.0 weren't 'good enough' when they launched neither.

Took a glance at Alexander's thread and noticed a lot of "Not fixed" in there. I can't imagine how they're gonna objectively approach a subjectively imbalanced case. That is... if they'll bother at all. Not to mention the power creep which is starting to hurt my eyes.

Originally Posted by Marc_Hicks View Post (Source)
    I don't want to win, I just want things to be equitable.

I think it's on a good path.

I would push it a tad more toward less RNG, like 3 rolls per grade fixed and one single roll per grade with the rep.
    More legible, no RNG shenanigans and would make planning arround it much easier.

Originally Posted by Lucifera Danzig View Post (Source)
    You forgot to add, "the last round of adjustments brought the new system's results mostly in line with that of the old." I haven't seen any maximum values in the new system that didn't meet or exceed my best engineered modules. Kind of feeling much better about it with this pass, though it could perhaps do with some tweaking still.
    My Chieftain's 5A FSD drive now has a +61.2% Optimized Mass Overspec! (Up from a previous +56% in Beta 1)

The only thing I don't understand is why my jump range is the same as it was yesterday? 29.12LY according to the Function Panel and Outfitting Menu. (I did reload the game just to make sure)

Great job
    These are nice changes. Good comprises, still I'd like to go straight to Rank 5 when engineering modules, but I could certainly live with faster progression.

Frontier have been listening to feedback.

Great job
    Full ACK... it's virtually perfect. Hope they take it over into live as is.

Looking good. I got the most important of my 3 "issues" resolved.
    Now just :
    Keeping Specials when Converting
    Combined Traders (or at least some Combined Traders)

Considering I'm seeing people who hated the beta 1 version saying they're loving the beta 2 version, this is looking promising.

Te changes are pretty good. One more pin per engineer would be nice, but to truly make engineers shine all material gathering should be made to require more skill and interaction. I hope they added manufactured and raw mats to megaships already?

Yep. I especially like the Dirty Drives that will get your ship up to 6-7000kph

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast