Page 1 of 69 1234511 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 1023

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: Dove Enigma UA bombed, preventing completion of its voyage in time for the man it was named for.

  1. #1

    Dove Enigma UA bombed, preventing completion of its voyage in time for the man it was named for.

    FDev, some total twit has UA bombed the Dove Enigma, supposedly preventing it from completing its voyage.
    You put this in as a really nice gesture and now its been screwed by idiots.

    Please step in and remove the UA bombing component for the megaship during this voyage. This is a special case and needs to be dealt with promptly.

  2. #2
    On my way to Darnielle's progress to fill up my Conda with MAs and help as best I can. o7 CMDRs

  3. #3
    There is salt mining, and there is just being a tactless human. Pff, despicable...

  4. #4
    I'll see if I can help out. What's the ship's location?

  5. #5
    Originally Posted by damon8r351 View Post (Source)
    I'll see if I can help out. What's the ship's location?
    A loooong way out...

    https://canonn.science/codex/dove-enigma/

  6. #6
    If FDev cannot remove the UA Bomb, then we all must come together to assist in repairing the vessel! Those who can, gather MA and fly out to the Dove Enigma. Those unable to get there can assist by farming and delivering MA to pilots who are able to get out there. This goes for players on all devices, PC and Consoles.

  7. #7
    Originally Posted by Aashenfox View Post (Source)
    A loooong way out...
    Distance doesn't matter.

  8. #8
    Originally Posted by Zach Drachenherz View Post (Source)
    There is salt mining, and there is just being a tactless human. Pff, despicable...
    Well, I hate to play devil's advocate, but if it has some special significance, FD should have protected it better. If I was into UA bombing megaships (I'm not, but if I was...) I might have done it completely innocently, because I had to google the significance, it's possible the UA bomber didn't know either. I realise this is a VERY unlikely scenario, but the point is it could have happened, by coincidence, so FD should have done something to prevent that coincidence, as well as the obvious possibility of griefer/dead_inside humans.

  9. #9
    Originally Posted by Aashenfox View Post (Source)
    Well, I hate to play devil's advocate, but if it has some special significance, FD should have protected it better. If I was into UA bombing megaships (I'm not, but if I was...) I might have done it completely innocently, because I had to google the significance, it's possible the UA bomber didn't know either. I realise this is a VERY unlikely scenario, but the point is it could have happened, by coincidence, so FD should have done something to prevent that coincidence, as well as the obvious possibility of griefer/dead_inside humans.
    I find this basically impossible to believe. Megaships aren't common, and UA bombers need a lot of cargo and a specific target. It's always purposeful. One need only google the name to find out what's going on.

    Also, and important to note, this shocks even me, and I"m used to trolls. I don't see how fdev could've foreseen such a complete lack of humanity from people.

  10. #10
    Originally Posted by Rogue Lobster View Post (Source)
    I find this basically impossible to believe. Megaships aren't common, and UA bombers need a lot of cargo and a specific target. It's always purposeful. One need only google the name to find out what's going on.
    It's not important what the reason was, whether it was deliberate or by accident, it obviously should have been made exempt from this particular event is what the point is.

    Also, I have never googled a megaship until this one (and I only did so because of this thread), so I for one, with years in the game, had no idea its significance. I'm just saying, I'm not justifying. All I'm saying is this is on FD, not players of the game. A major plot character was killed on screen by a griefer, nothign is sacred in the eyes of some, I'm sorry to say.

    There are those that would watch the world burn and themselves in it, just for the shiggles, FD should be prepared for this.

  11. #11
    Originally Posted by Rogue Lobster View Post (Source)
    I find this basically impossible to believe. Megaships aren't common, and UA bombers need a lot of cargo and a specific target. It's always purposeful. One need only google the name to find out what's going on.

    Also, and important to note, this shocks even me, and I"m used to trolls. I don't see how fdev could've foreseen such a complete lack of humanity from people.
    I'd have expected it, given the attitudes of certain people on the forums.

  12. #12
    Whenever people suggest that the majority of muppetry in-game is the result of "role-playing", something like this happens to remind you that some people are simply first-rate tossers.

  13. #13
    Emergent gameplay emerges.
    Stop crying and do something about it if it is important to you.

    Edit: just wanted to note i have nothing to do with that nor do i know anyone.
    I wish the commander it was named for all the best and hope he keeps his spirit. And i hope enough people correct the issue. Waiting for FD to do it is not necessarily the ideal course of action. And i am not sure whether i actually like the course of action at all.

  14. #14
    Originally Posted by Stealthie View Post (Source)
    some people are simply first-rate tossers.
    I have no idea why I can't rep you again, I've repped at least 5 people since I last repped you... anyway, vrep +1

  15. #15
    Originally Posted by Aashenfox View Post (Source)
    It's not important what the reason was, whether it was deliberate or by accident, it obviously should have been made exempt from this particular event is what the point is.

    Also, I have never googled a megaship until this one (and I only did so because of this thread), so I for one, with years in the game, had no idea its significance. I'm just saying, I'm not justifying. All I'm saying is this is on FD, not players of the game. A major plot character was killed on screen by a griefer, nothign is sacred in the eyes of some, I'm sorry to say.

    There are those that would watch the world burn and themselves in it, just for the shiggles, FD should be prepared for this.
    Blaming FDev for something that requires non-FDev people to coordinate is just misdirection.

    FDev did not UA bomb this.

    Do not split blame amongst the tossers with the developers who did something nice for someone.

Page 1 of 69 1234511 ... LastLast