Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 691011121316 ... LastLast

Thread: Alec's best of the forum (and elsewhere) [v2]

Trending: when world's collide (again?).

Also, new COVAS voice "Archer" now in the store.

P.S. I'm considering adding a new "Fan art" section to post #2 which can be a permanent home for the links to things like the recent stuff from Malibu, Mat Recardo and Qohen Leth.

Originally Posted by Alec Turner View Post (Source)
    Also, new COVAS voice "Archer" now in the store.
    Does it drink constantly and say "DANGER ZONE!" a lot?

Trending: Speed Bowl results plus some good SRV discussion.

How did I miss this?!?!?!

Added Cmdr Exigeous' superb series of Youtube tutorial videos to the "manuals, guides and other stuff for new players" section.

Edit: crikey - this is exceptional ... so much content!

ARGHHH! The OP is full! (character limit exceded).

Thankfully I have a bunch of reserved posts so I'll be moving things around a bit.

In the meantime ...

Cmdr MadRaptor has made a truly beautiful video about the geological features in Elite: Dangerous. Highly recommended.

GEOLOGIC-AN-MWSOG-SHORT-FILM-(OUT-NOW)

OK - Older Trending posts (pre 3304) have been moved into post #3.

Trending: Frontier announce forthcoming focused feedback for major Q4 updates, Buckyball Race deadline extended, Mad Raptor's GEOLOGIC film and Sagittarius Eye magazine are looking for video editors.

I've also added an excellent new beginners FAQ thread to the "manuals, guides and other stuff for new players" section (under "handy tips and tricks").

Added the Lords of Elite video series on better ways to farm engineering materials to the "misc' other useful and/or interesting links" section.

Edit: apology for doing a total brain fart on your name there - now fixed hopefully.

Added Galenrog's fantastic list of engineering materials to the "useful reference lists" section.
    Updated the Sagittarius Eye link in the "regular newsletters, magazines, blogs, etc" section with a link to their official forum thread.
    Added Rinzler's guide to "trading in open" to the "manuals, guides and other stuff for new players" section.
    Added a new review of the Oculus from a long time Vive owner to the "Rift vs. Vive" area of the "stuff to do with VR" section.

Trending: a couple of threads on the subject of atmospheric landings.

Addded Cmdr Baton's handy guide on how to find sites of active volcanism to the "misc' other useful and/or interesting links" section.

I don't know if I'm re-invigorated by the bank holiday or people are just posting some especially cool stuff recently but the forums seem really exciting today (and that's before we've even see the focused feedback on squadrons!).

Trending: Your feedback on Frontier's ideas for squadrons (coming in Q4) is now kindly being requested.

Trending: PowerPlay might be going Open mode only!!! (yeah yeah, click-bait title .. but actually .. no, really!), one Buckyball Race finishes and another is about to start, and Thorberg Shavestroke (awesome name) lands on a planet with atmosphere (kinda)

Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 691011121316 ... LastLast