Page 47 of 160 First 43454647484951 Last
Results 691 to 705 of 2398

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: Distant Worlds II - Fleet Roster Sign Up Thread

  1. #691
    Originally Posted by stormyuk View Post (Source)
    Why are we not considering doing it in Open? (I hope no one on PS4 is planning to be "fighter escort" if we don't do Open). At least after the initial jump out of the bubble if people are worried about being ganked.
    Because if anyone in the fleet turns griefer then they can be kicked from the Fleetcom PG to keep everyone else safe. If we play in Open then we lose that control.

  2. #692
    Originally Posted by winston View Post (Source)
    That rule doesn't protect you from FSD arrivals. I've been hit more than once by ships exiting from supercruise during assembly for a mass jump (fortunately none ever took more than a couple of rings of shields off). There's nothing the arriving commander can do to avoid that - if they appear in the wrong place, they are going to hit you.

    Things like SLFs and SRVs aren't a problem, you only need basic shields to protect from one of those. It's when a Beluga drops from supercruise right on top of you the problems begin.
    On a surface this risk is non-existent, cause the ship exits glide way farther than 2km from the surface. And even if it was, people *can* exit glide a few km from the meetup, so they can still be blamed for not taking the precautions.

  3. #693
    Hello, I'm CMDR atomkiller360. Is it possible that I can sign up my Type-7 Transporter as Logistics and Fuel Rat? If so can I get a Coriolis build for it? (Anybody can help me with the Coriolis build.)

    This is also my first time doing a Distant Worlds community project. Thanks!

  4. #694
    Another point of doing it in PG is that Alt-F10 high-res screen shoot. It doesn't work in Open, only in PG and Solo.

  5. #695
    3497 1T0-DW ThomasWJames Asp Explorer "Canonn Star" (43.71 ly) Explorer, Scientist XBOne


    WOO HOO! My name is in! For my build: https://eddp.co/u/g8ThsU9C I basically plan to take that but switch out the 64 tons of cargo and the 5A Fuel Scoop for 6A Fuel Scoop and 32 tons of cargo. I'm hoping that with the new changes to exploration (whatever they might be) that we might find stuff to bring back to the "Bubble". Maybe 32 tons is too much for my Asp X and but I also feel that 8 tons won't be enough.

    Is anyone else bringing cargo space just in case the Devs put new and exciting stuff for explorers to find and bring back?

  6. #696
    I'm in. Looking forward to it

  7. #697
    3376. took me days to find it so maybe an explorers not for me , ill go to specsave

  8. #698
    Originally Posted by ThomasWJames View Post (Source)
    3497 1T0-DW ThomasWJames Asp Explorer "Canonn Star" (43.71 ly) Explorer, Scientist XBOne


    WOO HOO! My name is in! For my build: https://eddp.co/u/g8ThsU9C I basically plan to take that but switch out the 64 tons of cargo and the 5A Fuel Scoop for 6A Fuel Scoop and 32 tons of cargo. I'm hoping that with the new changes to exploration (whatever they might be) that we might find stuff to bring back to the "Bubble". Maybe 32 tons is too much for my Asp X and but I also feel that 8 tons won't be enough.

    Is anyone else bringing cargo space just in case the Devs put new and exciting stuff for explorers to find and bring back?
    https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showth...leet-Logistics

    We’re taking cargo space to bring stuff with us!

  9. #699
    o7 all
    Should I expect a confirmation email after I've signed up? It was just over a week ago I submitted my form.

    Cheers

  10. #700
    Originally Posted by atomkiller360 View Post (Source)
    Hello, I'm CMDR atomkiller360. Is it possible that I can sign up my Type-7 Transporter as Logistics and Fuel Rat? If so can I get a Coriolis build for it? (Anybody can help me with the Coriolis build.)

    This is also my first time doing a Distant Worlds community project. Thanks!
    You can sign up with whatever you like You may have more advice in the dedicated Logistics thread.

    Originally Posted by zarrazee View Post (Source)
    o7 all
    Should I expect a confirmation email after I've signed up? It was just over a week ago I submitted my form.

    Cheers
    No, if all went well you should be on the roster.

  11. #701
    I check on here regulary, watching the Fleet Stats posts, waiting for someone to admit to being crazy enough to take a FAS on the trip.

    I'd be awesome having every ship in the game on one expedition.

  12. #702
    Originally Posted by Penny Umbra View Post (Source)
    I check on here regulary, watching the Fleet Stats posts, waiting for someone to admit to being crazy enough to take a FAS on the trip.

    I'd be awesome having every ship in the game on one expedition.
    Same for me. Still no brave soul who takes FAS. I find that odd as its not even the worst ship for exploration.. After all, theres 3 FDL's on the roster..

    https://eddp.co/u/H6gepuSN

    I could take her but i have committed to Corvette.

  13. #703
    Originally Posted by Penny Umbra View Post (Source)
    I check on here regulary, watching the Fleet Stats posts, waiting for someone to admit to being crazy enough to take a FAS on the trip.

    I'd be awesome having every ship in the game on one expedition.
    Kind of surprised no one's opted to yet. You can get a 35ly range with a lot of module space (6 if I recall.) I'm sure after the Chieftain hits and disappointment sinks in for many, they'll go back to their FAS.

  14. #704
    Originally Posted by Henkka77 View Post (Source)
    Same for me. Still no brave soul who takes FAS. I find that odd as its not even the worst ship for exploration.. After all, theres 3 FDL's on the roster..

    https://eddp.co/u/H6gepuSN

    I could take her but i have committed to Corvette.
    I have taken a FAS exploring. It is not a good experience. It burns up while scooping pretty easily. I also am not a fan of the interior design.

  15. #705
    Originally Posted by Max Factor View Post (Source)
    I have taken a FAS exploring. It is not a good experience. It burns up while scooping pretty easily. I also am not a fan of the interior design.
    You should be able to fix that with a Low Emission PP. But yes, other than the Vette, Federal cockpit design is pretty cramped. Not as bad as the Viper, but definitely moreso than other ships.