Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3678910 ... LastLast

Thread: StatusDisplay - status.json / journal display and surface navigation assistant.

I've been making some progress with increasing the number of Journal events that are parsed by StatusDisplay.

For testing purposes I'm in need of donated Journal files containing any of the following:

1) Powerplay events;
    2) Combat events.

The easiest way to donate these files is to drop them into the StatusDisplay Discord testfiles channel, here: https://discord.gg/hBewnAx

Any files donated will be very gratefully received.

Robert, wanted to say thanks for suggesting the 12" 1920x1080 Eyoyo display. It took all day but I was able to mount the MFDs onto the 3mm PVC sheeting and then mount sheeting to the display. There's no light leakage and the opening is very close to the inside dimensions of the MFDs. The only real drawback is that it will be a right pain if the monitor ever dies, the PVC and MFDs are all attached using industrial tape meant for phone glass attachment.

I used a sturdy VESA mount on my simpit worktable so the setup is very solid. I had to cannibalize the mount as it was too heavy and tall, I took the tilt portion and attached it directly to the worktable.

The location is directly in the middle of the worktable and tilted so as to make it easy to read and reach. I was worried the LCD screen wasn't hardy enough to allow pushbutton use but the MFD's buttons are a very light touch.

Originally Posted by Brian of Ardagh View Post (Source)
    Robert, wanted to say thanks for suggesting the 12" 1920x1080 Eyoyo display.
    No problem at all - I'm having great fun with the 1366x768 version (although I now have, just a little, resolution envy ).

Looks good mounted up.

Beta 0.0.3.3 released. Download link: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...180806-2136.7z

Change log:

1) Changes to Journal event handling - all known events now listed internally and assigned a number (for later switch / case handling rather than string comparison of event name).
    2) Tweaks to element / panel display.
    3) Bugfix in reloading settings for Tiny display.
    4) More Journal events handled.
    5) Trip meter updated to include bodies scanned (basic honk).
    6) Raw flags display (Main overlay window) now displays a grid of elements which advise flag setting through colour.

To do list:

As 0.0.3.1.

Robert should be given a big cake for his program.

Robert, any chance you could add a couple of dummy labels for "Record" and "Image"? I might have missed something along these lines but a couple of MFD button labeled for recording and screenshot purposes would be great. There are various ways to take screenshots and record video so I wouldn't want them to be specific to ED internal functions. I know there are camera controls but I don't remember a binding for taking images.

Originally Posted by EKim View Post (Source)

Agreed! Maybe a kickstarter to get him a cake!

Beta 0.0.3.4 released. Download link: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...180808-2205.7z

Change log:

1) Bug fix in event handling: eject cargo caused StatusDisplay to CTD.
    2) "Take Screen Shot" and "Toggle Recording" MFD display elements added.

To do list:

As 0.0.3.1.

Thanks, you da man - as they say - apparently!

Are you taking donations?

Originally Posted by EKim View Post (Source)
    Originally Posted by Brian of Ardagh View Post (Source)
    Thanks, you da man - as they say - apparently!

Are you taking donations?
    Thanks for your kind words. I'm not looking for donations for this project - I'd be doing it even if no-one else found a use for it.

Originally Posted by Robert Maynard View Post (Source)
    Thanks for your kind words. I'm not looking for donations for this project - I'd be doing it even if no-one else found a use for it.
    +1 person who finds it useful ! Thank you!

Beta 0.0.3.5 released. Download link: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...180809-2150.7z

Change log:

1) Two new optional panels added to Overlay and MFDs: Location and Trip. These are individual versions of two panels combined in the Info panel (which remains).

To do list:

As 0.0.3.1.

I have very few words with which to describe the amount of awesome this is full of. I have saved all of my logs since I started playing about 2 years ago. If you would like all of them, I'll put them in a tar/zip for you and drop it in discord, while it's mostly trade data, I did do a lot of hauling for Duval and get interdicted often, usually by murder hobos. (on an unrelated note, for a T9, hull reinforcements, shield boosters, prismatic shields, and a crap ton of mines are my best friends.)

Thank you kindly, shroom2021!

Your historical journals would be very, very much appreciated - as they very likely cover the types of events I'm needing. Zip / 7z / tar would be great - I don't know what the Discord file size limit is though. Failing that, something like OneDrive, Google Drive, DropBox, etc. would work.

Beta 0.0.3.6 released. Download link: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...180810-1918.7z

Change log:

1) Tweaks to Posn and Dest panels; now display Lat/Long on a single line, reducing vertical footprint which enables larger font size on the MFDs.
    2) Position now no longer shown when in Witch Space.
    3) Bugfixes in the MFD settings dialog handler.

To do list:

As 0.0.3.1.

Beta 0.0.3.7 released. Download link: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...180813-1928.7z

Change log:

1) Comms window added; this is a large optional panel (similar to the Journal panel) that can be displayed on the main overlay or MFD displays.
    2) Word wrap implemented on Journal and Comms panels.

To do list:

1) Improve parsing coverage of possible events listed in the Journal documentation;
    2) Add defined buttons to display information read from the Journal.
    3) Improve defined button display based on status.json information.
    4) Add "orienteering" support - to import a pre-defined course on a specific body, be it a point to point route or a circuit, comprising an appropriate number of waypoints. Reaching a waypoint will be subject to criteria relating to the proximity required for "hitting the mark" in terms of horizontal distance and permissible altitude, possibly with a time limit too, in the specified vehicle type. More than one lap of a circuit will be supported. A (hopefully) verifiable report document is another aim of this feature.

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3678910 ... LastLast