Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: StatusDisplay - status.json / journal display and surface navigation assistant.

You should not need to join the Discord server to download. There's a download link in the OP.

Originally Posted by Robert Maynard View Post (Source)
    You should not need to join the Discord server to download. There's a download link in the OP.
    Ah, I see, thanks.

By the way, is there any chance of getting "save / load window positions / sizes and button assignments" put back on your to-do list? Having to move the windows and wot not around every time I start up the StatusDisplay is a pain in the neck.

If you have already done it, how do you get it to work?

Thanks.

Have you selected "AutoLoad" (and saved settings afterwards)?

Originally Posted by Robert Maynard View Post (Source)
    Have you selected "AutoLoad" (and saved settings afterwards)?
    Apparently not.

Is there a manual for this thing somewhere?

Originally Posted by MarkAusten View Post (Source)
    Apparently not.

Is there a manual for this thing somewhere?
    The lack of a manual is an oversight on my part - I'll start putting something together in that regard. Apologies for any inconvenience.

Thank you very much for the program.
    Is it possible to enable the support of two sets MFD?

Originally Posted by EKim View Post (Source)
    Thank you very much for the program.
    Is it possible to enable the support of two sets MFD?
    You're welcome!

Do you mean two MFDs or two pairs of MFDs?

At the moment StatusDisplay only supports one pair - however it would be possible (albeit a bit time consuming) to support more. I'm not sure how more than one pair would be enumerated in terms of the USB device to which controls are assigned (when reading bindings directly from the ".binds" file).

Yes, two pairs of MFDs.

Originally Posted by EKim View Post (Source)
    Yes, two pairs of MFDs.
    It's do-able.

I'll have a look at the implications.

Can you please put a copy of your control bindings file on the Discord (or copy paste it here)?

Ok.
    No problem.
    It's not fast, since the computer with the Elite is not working.
    And the displays under MFD are not yet delivered by mail.

After a bit of rework (and some optimisation that, on reflection, was beneficial overall), I've managed to add two more MFD windows. Not sure (yet) how controls will be imported - as I don't know what the USB enumeration of more than two MFDs looks like.

If the Elite does not accept the two sets, additional information screens will be very useful.
    I think that the Elite will take two sets.

A sneak peek at a new feature for 0.0.3.0: the trip meter....

It's session based and is part of the "INFO" panel - jump data is displayed when no body position is available.

Beta 0.0.3.0 released. Download link: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...180715-1514.7z

Change log:

1) Two more MFD displays added.
    2) Trip Meter now shares the Info panel; jump information for the session is shown when no positional information is available.

To do list:

1) Improve parsing coverage of possible events listed in the Journal documentation;
    2) Add defined buttons to display information read from the Journal.
    3) Improve defined button display based on status.json information.
    4) Add "trip reset" to Trip Meter to permit jump log to be re-initialised by the user at any time during the session.

Maybe move the interface coordinate input and body data on the home screen?

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast