Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 25678912 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: Type 7 -bye bye ASP

Originally Posted by Mephane View Post (Source)
    It surely is quite odd how this happens last minute, and so drastically. From the patch note I expected some hull mass reduction and no more, not a buff to almost everything without barely any time to properly test it, and "test" not just as in "does the ship still work", but test as in "explore all the ramifications for overall ship balance and the roles of each ship".
    Grandfathers be damned!
    Long live FDev Long Live FDev

Pulls a Desert Eagle from under his Captains chair- “Grandfather this.”

Originally Posted by vindelanos View Post (Source)
    Ding. I think Denali just nailed it.

These improvements will make the T-7 a contender to the Python for mining.
    Does it have the same hardpoints still (I'm at work). I'd love to use the T-7 as a miner, but the smalls kind of kill it for that. Unless they steath-buffed small mining lasers to finally be 75% as effective as a medium.

mh... everything increased to C6 in the T-7? 500 m/s? 65 LY jumprange? Makes zero sense... wasn't mentioned in the patch notes either (except the jump range thing)... sounds like a bug to me, tbh.

Originally Posted by danteuk View Post (Source)
    Seems excessive.
    ASP Ex needs a buff too !! - no way the T7 should have better jump range than the best Explorer ship!!
    ( I don't count the conda as it's got a terrible view and handles like a brick in super-cruise, I refuse to fly it! )
    You realize there’s no spoon right.
    No real economies, or technologies, it’s all just being made up by a guy with a frickin Zebra mussel on his head.

The Grandfathers are dead, long live FDev.

The only real issue of balance to be worried about is PVP combat. You get the ship you want, can afford, are used to and fly off. If there’s no downgrades and my TYpe whatever gets a buff what’s it too “anyone” else, this is not a Zero sum game?
    Literally, it’s not a zero sum game rather an open ended limited sandbox with too little Player con Player interaction that has to be made up by maximizing what the game engine does best:

Fielding beautiful spaceships that can be piloted through a 1:1 scientifically semi-accurate galaxy, in VR no less. That is an accomplishment that I couldn’t have dreamed of as a kid, sitting on the couch with my cardboard and crayon spaceship control console and model space ships made of cut up egg cartons.

I was surprised that transports didn’t have the best Transportation abilities, seemed counterintuitive, you know like oil tankers and cruise ships have huge range at the high end, spanning oceans at least.
    The Asp jump was totally offset by the lack of equipment and versatility in max.exploration mode hence the ungainly ‘Condas intrusion due to seemingly an FSD assignment/ ship mass error.
    No harm intended.

Originally Posted by Droogie View Post (Source)
    Still getting 120% + heat with those mods when high waking
    Are the mods maxed out? Mine are.

I also only engage the FSD once I dropped below 50% heat in SC, which happens really fast.

EDIT: Current build is long range trader with 6A Fuel Scoop and 212t of cargo.

Did they change the cargo capacity with these core internals changes, or is it still the same?

Originally Posted by Taturo View Post (Source)
    Are the mods maxed out? Mine are.

I also only engage the FSD once I dropped below 50% heat in SC, which happens really fast.

EDIT: Current build is long range trader with 6A Fuel Scoop and 212t of cargo.
    Yep. Maxed out. Heat starting around 27% nowhere near the star.

8. This is the last staff post in this thread. #98
    Lead Games Designer
    Frontier Developments
    Frontier Employee
    Hi Folks,

Thanks for the feedback on the Type 7 beta changes. We have read the feedback here and on other social media and we hear you. Some of the changes we made to the T7 were intended to make it more versatile compared to ships like the Python and offer a real option for longer range traders.

One of the benefits of the beta is it allows us to test changes like these and gage the response. In this instance it appears that the changes made didnít deliver the results we intended.
    We agree that the Type 7 should not out jump the explorer ships. With this in mind we have decided to go in a different direction to give the T7 some love while making sure it still fits under the explorer ships in raw jump range.

Here are the new planned changes.

Instead of giving it a size 6 FSD, as we have in the beta, we are going to lower the mass of the Type 7 slightly so that its existing size 5 FSD will push it a bit further than it currently jumps. From an in-game context perspective, Lakon will now be using lighter materials to manufacture the Type 7.

It will be keeping the extra size 2 optional slot to give it some versatility and we will up the power distributor from 3 to 4 (not 6, this was a bug) so that it can work better as a mining/exploration/utility ship.
    The other slot size changes will be put back to their previous sizes.

This should achieve our aim of giving the Type 7 a clearer role in the game for traders and offer some more versatility, while not making any of the other ships obsolete.
    As you can imagine, in a game like Elite with continuous updates, these types of balancing tweaks and changes can happen from time to time. Iíd like to pass on our sincere thanks for all your support, testing and feedback during the beta.

Fly safe, Commanders.

Steve K

Originally Posted by Steve Kirby View Post (Source)
    Hi Folks,

Thanks for the feedback on the Type 7 beta changes. We have read the feedback here and on other social media and we hear you. Some of the changes we made to the T7 were intended to make it more versatile compared to ships like the Python and offer a real option for longer range traders.

One of the benefits of the beta is it allows us to test changes like these and gage the response. In this instance it appears that the changes made didn’t deliver the results we intended.
    We agree that the Type 7 should not out jump the explorer ships. With this in mind we have decided to go in a different direction to give the T7 some love while making sure it still fits under the explorer ships in raw jump range.

Instead of giving it a size 6 FSD, as we have in the beta, we are going to lower the mass of the Type 7 slightly so that its existing size 5 FSD will push it a bit further than it currently jumps. From an in-game context perspective, Lakon will now be using lighter materials to manufacture the Type 7.

It will be keeping the extra size 2 optional slot to give it some versatility and we will up the power distributor from 3 to 4 (not 6, this was a bug) so that it can work better as a mining/exploration/utility ship.

This should achieve our aim of giving the Type 7 a clearer role in the game for traders and offer some more versatility, while not making any of the other ships obsolete.
    As you can imagine, in a game like Elite with continuous updates, these types of balancing tweaks and changes can happen from time to time. I’d like to pass on our sincere thanks for all your support, testing and feedback during the beta.

Fly safe, Commanders.

Steve K
    Cool, thanks for the update.
    All makes sense

No chance of the Type 7 Transporter ever fitting on to a Medium Pad, well in the hanger due to its height?

Hi Folks,

One of the benefits of the beta is it allows us to test changes like these and gage the response. In this instance it appears that the changes made didnít deliver the results we intended.

As you can imagine, in a game like Elite with continuous updates, these types of balancing tweaks and changes can happen from time to time. Iíd like to pass on our sincere thanks for all your support, testing and feedback during the beta.

Fly safe, Commanders.

Steve K
    Thank you for clearing it up. It was fun (and slightly hilarious) while it lasted.

I have to ask... Did anyone ask for this buff to the T-7? the previous hull buff and cargo buff I get and they are good, but this doesn't make sense to me...

Awesome, thx a bunch Steve!

Originally Posted by Lee Archer View Post (Source)
    The only real issue of balance to be worried about is PVP combat.
    Dont give a flying FDL about PvP combat - thats for kids and grinders

OT: The T7 still over heats - baddly!!

I did a basic exploration build and took module damage after about 3 jumps, over heated badly on each jump!!
    No engineering yet, jump range 37ly empty.

Hi Folks,

Fly safe, Commanders.

Steve K
    Thanks Steve for the rapid response. This does make a lot more sense, and seems to provide the T7 with the needed buff without invalidating other ships overnight. Good stuff (at first glance)! You may want to ask a mod to pin this to the OP, many will miss this and we'll end up with another fifty pages about a T7 that wont exist.

The Lakon Rises

Now that's a buff! Not sure why the T7 needs a Class 6 PD with 4 small hardpoints but hey, I'll take 2! With that PD she'll run mining lasers all day long.

Its almost as if FD read all the complaints about the lack of exploration ships and said "well, here ya go!"

....oh, thanks Steve!

Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 25678912 ... LastLast